THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding going straight to the playoffs, I would have been shocked if it wasn't exactly 16 GMs voting in favor of that lol

October 1st?!? Are these owners nuts? Yeah lets put the playoffs and the NBA Finals up against the NFL regular season. The NBA is in for a rude awakening if they dont finish before Labor Day. Could you imagine the showcase of your sport (end of playoffs and Finals), getting crushed in the ratings by regular season NFL games? Would be an AWFUL look for the league.

What players have spoken up against the idea of returning this season? Dame I know. Ingles I think. Anyone else?
Pat Bev says he wants to play but won’t if they haven’t figured out the logistics to keep his family safe

October 1st?!? Are these owners nuts? Yeah lets put the playoffs and the NBA Finals up against the NFL regular season. The NBA is in for a rude awakening if they dont finish before Labor Day. Could you imagine the showcase of your sport (end of playoffs and Finals), getting crushed in the ratings by regular season NFL games? Would be an AWFUL look for the league.
You do realize that NBA games aren't just on Sundays and Mondays, correct?

Drove by an outdoor court yesterday that still had rims up and there were some guys there playing 3s all wearing masks. It's not that unfathomable for people to play ball with masks on as a precaution.
In my hood they ripped down the yellow tape and started hooping weeks ago. No masks

You know testing will become widely available right?

Yeah dog...we all bout to go get tested every single day even if we’re feeling completely fine. Sounds completely reasonable.

Lol.

Thanks for your next built-in excuse.

Yeah dog...we all bout to go get tested every single day even if we’re feeling completely fine. Sounds completely reasonable.

Lol.

Thanks for your next built-in excuse.

That's not the testing I was talking about. You are having a lot of trouble today.

Drove by an outdoor court yesterday that still had rims up and there were some guys there playing 3s all wearing masks. It's not that unfathomable for people to play ball with masks on as a precaution.

I have no idea where you live but congrats. I live in North Carolina and it’s 88 outside right now and humid. Nobody is running around in ****ing masks and a lot of people have continued playing throughout this whole time at parks.

You do realize that NBA games aren't just on Sundays and Mondays, correct?

In his defense, you got

Monday - Monday Night Football (ESPN)
Thursday - Thursday Night Football (I honestly forget if this was NFLN only but I think some are national)
Saturday - College football all day (ESPN, CBS, ABC, FOX)
Sunday - NFL all day (FOX, CBS, NBC)

That's not a slate to sleep on IMO.

Just read New Zealand has only once active COVID case. Maybe that should be the bubble. Hook it up, Steven Adams.

You do realize that NFL games arent just on Sundays and Mondays, correct?
In his defense, you got

Monday - Monday Night Football (ESPN)
Thursday - Thursday Night Football (I honestly forget if this was NFLN only but I think some are national)
Saturday - College football all day (ESPN, CBS, ABC, FOX)
Sunday - NFL all day (FOX, CBS, NBC)

That's not a slate to sleep on IMO.
The situation is what it is at this point. Hockey, baseball, soccer, and golf are all probably going to be on TV at the same time too. The league really just wants to give finality to their season and try to recoup whatever kind of money they can. Of course it isn't ideal.

And FWIW, NFL was all that was mentioned. 3 days a week and the Thursday game is usually garbage (but still gets a lot of views). 3-4 days of the week with eyes on the NBA playoffs isn't the worst thing in the world. I would definitely make sure big games specifically are NOT on Sundays though.

I have no idea where you live but congrats. I live in North Carolina and it’s 88 outside right now and humid. Nobody is running around in ****ing masks and a lot of people have continued playing throughout this whole time at parks.

I live in the LA area and it was 80-85 yesterday

Reactions: MVP
The situation is what it is at this point. Hockey, baseball, soccer, and golf are all probably going to be on TV at the same time too. The league really just wants to give finality to their season and try to recoup whatever kind of money they can. Of course it isn't ideal.

And FWIW, NFL was all that was mentioned. 3 days a week and the Thursday game is usually garbage (but still gets a lot of views). 3-4 days of the week with eyes on the NBA playoffs isn't the worst thing in the world. I would definitely make sure big games specifically are NOT on Sundays though.

Right. And basketball games are typically played at night, while football games are during the day. The NBA can probably plan the start times to help minimize how often they’ll be competing head-to-head with NFL games.

I feel like Week 3 of the NFL season would have higher viewership than say Game 3 of the NBA Finals in a lot of markets.

Roger Goodell went ahead scheduled a Christmas Day game on a Friday (Vikings @ Saints). He wants ALL the smoke with the NBA during the pandemic

For sure, I agree with all of that. IMO, football would be the only sport that could reasonably contend with the NBA playoffs. How the NBA schedules around Mondays/Sundays with the ABC/ESPN networks will be interesting. I imagine that Turner is down for whatever :lol:

Right. And basketball games are typically played at night, while football games are during the day. The NBA can probably plan the start times to help minimize how often they’ll be competing head-to-head with NFL games.

Barring any changes, in September they would always have night time competition from the NFL on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays and NCAAF on Saturdays. As Mr. Sox said, it is what it is, it is less than ideal but they'll just have to deal with whatever viewers they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom