THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best? Well, if we're not going by team record, I could see it.

Most popular? I mean, if we're not going by how many times a day a person sees Lakers jerseys, hats, car decals, etc. in the LA/entire SoCal area, sure.

Most popular team in LA*

(*within the super influential and important LA demographic of me, HIM HIM and P C H P C H )

Most popular team in LA*

(*within the super influential and important LA demographic of me, HIM HIM and P C H P C H )
giphy.gif

Maybe this convinces Silver to change the NBA Calendar from Xmas-August from now on

It doesn't need to take that long to start back up. Get rid of the Disneyland plan and just play all the games in NC with zero precautions and everything will be fine. It's that simple. We can be back by next week.

I have connects with both YMCA’s, the Carolina Beach Rec Center and a few churches in town. Let’s get the ball rolling.

16 seems like the best option but then players wouldn't come back if they aren't going to play.

Trying to compress 72 games + a full playoffs seems like a recipe for disaster as well.

16 seems like the best option but then players wouldn't come back if they aren't going to play.

Trying to compress 72 games + a full playoffs seems like a recipe for disaster as well.

Won't playoff format have to be decided in conjunction with this? Otherwise it's unclear how teams 17-22 will determined if they go with the 20 or 22 option. If they stick to the traditional format, I would hope each conference is equally represented.

They cannot go straight to the playoffs. The teams are going to need 5-8 games to ramp into shape before playoff games.

The all 30 teams/72 game scenario honestly seems ridiculous to me. I hope they don’t go with that option.

I want them to do 20 teams with the Group Stage play. That gets in both the Pelicans and Blazers in the West and the Wizards and Hornets in the East.

They cannot go straight to the playoffs. The teams are going to need 5-8 games to ramp into shape before playoff games.

They absolutely need to play some games beforehand but even with 20 or 22 games, it's less than perfect. Bucks and Lakers are 6.5 and 5.5 games up, respectively, on second place so they're not going to play guys the way a NOLA, Memphis, BKN or Magic would.

There were complaints about the varying level of competition for these games with the NHL's return plan and I think it would apply here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom