L 16 Sun, Dec 22 @Buffalo 1:00 PM CBS

17 Sun, Dec 29 New York 1:00 PM CBS

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Feels good to be back.

:nthat:[/COLOR]

Meh, Dion Jordan's game reminds me so much of JT's game :smokin

Last edited:
My post from the NFL Season Thread:

After listening to sports radio all week I knew we weren't going to see much of the starters at all so I basically tuned in to see how the new unis would look in action. Skeptical as I was about the changes, I have to admit the team looked clean out there. Helmets are going to take a little getting used to, but overall I like the new shade of aqua we're now rocking. Hopefully they make more use of the colored jersey than they have these last couple years, although the all-white storm-trooper combo will look fresh.

Three things about the actual team though:
1. Forget that fumble, mark my words, Lamar Miller is going to break out onto the scene. Barring injury of course.
2. O-Line is going to be a problem all year. Jake Long will be missed.
3. If these O-Line issues aren't resolved, Tannehill will struggle.

That's all really. Just glad football is back :pimp:

The unis looked good on the field. Wish there was more orange tho.

I like the new logo as well, it's real clean even tho many don't. I never liked the old one much, too cartoonish.

:pimp:

I'm going to need Wallace and Hartline to be 100% healthy this season. If so, watch out!

[COLOR=#red]I think if this were the regular season it wouldn't of even been talked about. They would be playing. But it's the first of five preseason games. Not a big deal.

On the other hand the OLine has been the biggest question mark for I think all of us. Reports from camp haven't been great outside of Pouncey. Hopefully things can be a bit more solid with more reps and come regular season.

Also the missed tackles... :x [/COLOR]

Those of you that follow me on Twitter (not my CP handle, my DolphinsDraft handle) know that I have been saying that we should improve this year, but we aren't playing in February.

9 wins, maybe we get to 10 with some luck. MAYBE we sniff the playoffs. Maybe. But our roster is not complete, yet.

For one, Tannehill, Miller, Martin, etc entering only year 2. Jordan and Taylor will be rookies. Young, solid, talented, but still less than 20 NFL games.

BUT......

Next season, we go thru another FA period + Draft, and we SLAY the offensive line. OT round 1, OG round 2, maybe sign another lineman, surround Pouncey and whoever else (Martin, Dallas Thomas, whoever) to form a true 5 man squad.
Bring in Tannehill with TWO full seasons of QB learning. Miller with another year of NFL experience. Jordan with a year under his belt and a FULL offseason. (Graduation kept him out) PLUSSSSS we will see Olivier Vernon start to turn it up even more. (He has looked sharp in camp and will be even better in 12 months)

Do that, with some good luck injury wise, some solid moves spending wise and the natural growth of our young core, then, then we can make a true, real run.

We re-built our secondary this year. Added a WR weapon in Wallace, we re-built our linebacker core, AND we added pass rushers opposite Wake. The last thing we have left is OLine and that comes next year. The rest of the team will be young enough, experienced enough, talented enough. We just have to fix that one last group, then we go from solid-decent team, to a team with a chance.

Oh BTW, Peyton and Tom will be one year older/closer to their ends next year than this year as well.

We have a (pick a number, 50%, 60%, 35%) chance at something nice this year. Playoffs, 10 wins, etc. Maybe, maybe not.

But next year, if we fix that OLine perfectly, keep all our core together, nobody dies or tears an ACL in the summer, sign another piece here or there, then we would be 100% for the playoffs next year and beyond, imo.

One last unit to address. The OLine. Keep that in mind this season, the draft next year will be OL HEAVY. We could take 4 for all I care. (with Pouncey) :lol:

New Unis looked great. It's gonna take me a while to get used to that new logo tho..

[COLOR=#red]Dolphins signed Reshad Jones to a 4 year $30 million dollar extension.[/COLOR]

9 wins, maybe we get to 10 with some luck. MAYBE we sniff the playoffs. Maybe. But our roster is not complete, yet.

We have a (pick a number, 50%, 60%, 35%) chance at something nice this year. Playoffs, 10 wins, etc. Maybe, maybe not.

But next year, if we fix that OLine perfectly, keep all our core together, nobody dies or tears an ACL in the summer, sign another piece here or there, then we would be 100% for the playoffs next year and beyond, imo.

One last unit to address. The OLine. Keep that in mind this season, the draft next year will be OL HEAVY. We could take 4 for all I care. (with Pouncey) :lol:
[COLOR=#red]
I'm pretty sure we had this talk in the last thread. I fully agree with all of this.

I don't see them playing in February or even January. I'd be happy with a 9 win season. I do believe 2014 is going to be the year where the Dolphins show up to contend.

But do the need to overhaul the offensive line for sure coming up. Move Martin back to RT. Pick up two guards and LT. Also depth at WR would be nice. [/COLOR]

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 11s
#Dolphins S Reshad Jones agrees to a 4-year, $30M extension, source confirms. Team said they'd pay him & did. @ProFootballTalk 1st reported

:nthat:

I loved the pick in 10' and some thought I was crazy because I said it was one of the steals of the draft

Last edited:
I hope this Bumphis kid can be another Bess/Welker type.

Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, and this kid in the slot would give us a nice 4, and when Matthews gets back we have a little depth. Not to mention Keller and Clay, and "hopefully" either Egnew or Sims will give us a little something.

Miller and Gillislee also are solid receivers out of the backfield.

With the OLine being meh, a good slot guy/outlets in TE and RB are a must.

No matter what tonight, we need everybody to survive.

I don't really care about how we look, better at this, better at that, blah. Just keep everyone alive. I want us to get into the start of the season fully healthy as possible. We already lost Binns, Matthews is already injured, no more. No more bodies.

Back
Top Bottom