THEE OFFICIAL PLAYOFFS THREAD OF THE B2B NBA CHAMPIONS @MiamiHEAT

I think our biggest offseason move will be adding low risk high reward pieces like a Greg Oden. Riley ain't touching the core esp after back to back titles.

Congrats to all the true NT HEAT fans on the B2B/REPEAT.

Lebron just might end up being the greatest player of this ERA. :wow:

Oden could be a huge low risk high reward project. Birdman is great for us too but Oden is more of rebounder right?

Owww I knew they'd come through. LeBron incredible as always, special thanks to Wade & Battier 
nthat.gif
 . This is a legendary team, no doubt about it.

Wade will be fine. He needs to do everything possible to get that knee back to 100%. I wouldn't even be upset if he took half or the majority of the next regular season off. His health/play is KEY in 3-peating.

Also, we definitely need to go after Oden. That reward is too great to pass up if he can indeed stay healthy. Would have no problem with waiving Varnado, Anthony or James Jones for him. We need a big body next year to compete against the Pacers. Hibbert and George are only going to get better.

Last edited:
From an unbiased standpoint I think the Heat are capable of repeating as is. Obviously a few tweaks would be useful but them playing less emphasis on the regular season would be benifical to them.

If I was a heat fan id prefer to ease up on the gas in the regular season and rest wade until he's 100% healthy and give some of the younger guys more minutes.

Sure it might sacrifice 10 wins or so and home court in a playoff series or 2 but Miami is capable of winning on the road in the playoffs and you could tell they were fatigued by the time the Indiana series and the finals came around.

Coming off 3 straight finals appearances plus Olympics for key guys, easing up on the regular season would be benifical to them especially seeing that no team has made 4 straight finals appearances since the 80's celtics.

From an unbiased standpoint I think the Heat are capable of repeating as is. Obviously a few tweaks would be useful but them playing less emphasis on the regular season would be benifical to them.

If I was a heat fan id prefer to ease up on the gas in the regular season and rest wade until he's 100% healthy and give some of the younger guys more minutes.

Sure it might sacrifice 10 wins or so and home court in a playoff series or 2 but Miami is capable of winning on the road in the playoffs and you could tell they were fatigued by the time the Indiana series and the finals came around.

Coming off 3 straight finals appearances plus Olympics for key guys, easing up on the regular season would be benifical to them especially seeing that no team has made 4 straight finals appearances since the 80's celtics.

I definitely agree with taking the more "popovich" approach and emphasizing rest on our team. We could still end up a top 3 seed, and we are a pretty good road team. Health, especially for Wade because of his knee, is critical if the Heat want to win another one. LeBron actually looked gassed out too. I guess that 27 game win streak really took a toll on them.

Back
Top Bottom