theres always room for Melo (and Family)

so I was commissioned to do a set of customs for Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets), wife LaLa (MTV VJ), and newborn son Kiyan(son) as gifts for Mothers Day/Fathers Day. The person(Rock Deep) that ordered went with denim throughout the 3 pairs.

Lala's were all denim with pink accent stitching and custom embroidery
Melo's pair was basically a half and half deal...half denim/half hardwood classic
Rock wanted to incorporate both Melo's Syracuse career and Denver Nuggets career in the baby's shoe so we came up with using both teams colors in the shoes(orange/navy and gold/navy)....the Denver skyline on the gold side, the Baltimore(where Melo basically grew up) skyline on the orange side...orange and gold accent stitching on the denim
I was very honored to be asked to do these shoes and well....blah blah blah too much talk.........
pics of some of the work that went into these

LaLa's AF1
lala1.jpg

lala2.jpg

lala3.jpg

lala4.jpg

lala5.jpg

lala6.jpg

lala7.jpg

lala8.jpg

lala9.jpg

Melo's AF1
melo1.jpg

melo2.jpg

melo3.jpg

melo4.jpg

melo5.jpg

melo6.jpg

melo7.jpg

Kiyan's M3's
kiyan1.jpg

kiyan2.jpg

kiyan3.jpg

kiyan4.jpg

kiyan5.jpg

kiyan6.jpg

kiyan7.jpg

kiyan8.jpg

kiyan9.jpg

kiyan10.jpg

Keep Rid and Rashard in Seattle​

Wow, that's amazing work. Rock, you actually know Melo?
You ain't figure out what I'm about yet, always rockin that this ain't out yet.
You got yourself a PDA and a Bluetooth and you think you're a CEO now.
Team AM FAM​

Man... these came out excellent and I have to thank E- for hooking these things up nicely. Melo and La La loved them and you all are seeing the baby kicks even before they are.

She is going to be estatic.

Thanks again....and I know once others on the team or in his crew see these.... business could be booming unless he decides to be selfish.. lol
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Inside The Designers Mind
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

Rock, again man, thanks for the opportunity to do 'em. Anytime you need somethin else, you know how to reach me

Melo's AF1 are the best of all 3 EL great work man!you should post up more here
JSG​
.:BG7 is the Truth:.​

Those look good. I like the first two better.
What tools are you using on the 5th and 6th picture? On the 5th pic do you cut the stitching or just use that tool to tuck it under the edge or what?

^^thanks, do you know any place where I can go to see how one of those works or how to use one?

i like melo's more than anything, and im lovin the pics of lala and dada on th einside of kiyan's shoe...the ball leather tongue on melo's are ripdiculous... i want those
been lookin on for 3 years, finally a member

joints are fuego, your work is inspirational. wish i had to balls to take a shoe apart.........
TEAMYANKEES
An A-BOMB from AROD
# 27
47 to go......​

/ YaNkEe RaLly SiG //​

for those that asked....the tool used is a sewing awl...its pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.

and yes I tucked the denim behind the original leather pieces, then restitched them back down before adding the other parts

Great stuff. It's amazing to me how the shoe is basically taken all apart and put back together without even the help of any under-paid child labor.

^^ That made me chuckle. But I have to admit. That amazes me to that someone other than a Nike Factory worker is able to chop a shoe up and put it back together.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Inside The Designers Mind
Coming Soon
Solejers
The Fake Police

Yeah, emmanuel, how much do you charge?
You ain't figure out what I'm about yet, always rockin that this ain't out yet.
You got yourself a PDA and a Bluetooth and you think you're a CEO now.
Team AM FAM​

Damn guys! It's not a game!!!!

REALLY nice work!!! They gonna love 'em!

"So many times it happens too fast.
You trade your passion for glory.

Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past.
You must fight just to keep them alive."

Back
Top Bottom