There's No Possible Way Usain Bolt Is Human: Murks The Record For the 150M

9 hours ago

MANCHESTER (AFP) - Triple Olympic champion Usain Bolt ran the fastest ever 150m on Sunday in a street race held in a chilly and windy Manchester CityCentre.

Bolt came home in 14.35sec, beating the previous best recorded by Italian Pietro Mennea of 14.8 in 1983. Britain's Marlon Devonish was second in15.07sec.

In the women's race, American Debbie Ferguson-McKenzie clocked 16.54sec to beat Britain's Olympic 400m gold medallist Christine Ohuruogu, who ran17.10sec.

Jamaican Bolt, 22, had earlier predicted he would smash his own world 100m record this year.

He said bettering his world record of 9.69 seconds that he set in Beijing last August "shouldn't be a problem" this year.

"My coach expressed his views in Beijing, saying I could run 9.54, and I can definitely do that," he told the BBC.

"I still feel goose bumps when I hear or watch the Beijing 100m, it feels good to know I've done such a wonderful thing.

"But the 100m final was just another day for me. I knew I was going to win - I was feeling good, my starts were better and that was my main concern, soI wasn't really worried.

"I don't really think about (breaking the record again) but I think it's possible if everything goes well in training."

Asked how long he hoped to remain a force in world athletics, Bolt forecast he would be a threat until at least 2015.

"I can be at the top for six years if I want," he said. "That's the aim for me. My main goal is to make myself a legend and I'm goingto work really hard to do that."

Meanwhile, Ethiopian Haile Gebrselassie comfortably won the Great Manchester Run by 34 seconds with Kenyan Vivian Cheruiyot's winning the women'srace.

However, Gebrselassie failed in his bid to reclaim his world 10km record as gusting winds made his task impossible.

The 36-year-old - holder of 26 world records during his career - eased to victory but found a strong headwind in the final five kilometres impossible toovercome as he failed to better the world best mark of 27 minutes one second run by Kenya's Micah Kogo at the end of March.

Gebrselassie, whose major target this year is the Berlin Marathon in September, timed 27minutes 39seconds ahead of Ali Zaied of Libya (28:13) and Ukrainianveteran Sergiy Lebid (28:36).

The two-time Olympic 10,000m champion said that he had felt confident in the first-half of the race but realised as the contest entered the final 5km thathe would not succeed.

"Today it was wonderful in the first half but on the way back the wind was horrible," said Gebrselassie, who nevertheless posted the fourthfastest time in the world this year.

"I wanted to run a world record, but in the second half it proved too difficult."
Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2009 AFP. All rights reserved

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Son really makes running track look easy.. Dude's not even in top shape and still breaking records.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

stanolon50.jpg
Even if he was on something he still wouldn't be running that fast. Unless he has been genetically modified it wouldn't make a difference.

Back
Top Bottom