These gotdamn potholes! FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Mister Meaner

formerly super producer j
Damn near 1 foot deep for the smallest ones & straight crater status for the worst of them. These storms have totally *banned word* these NYC roads. I apologized to my girl about 5 times for some heart wrenching drops and bangs this morning
frown.gif

I'm calling the mayor.

Just exactly how do they get so bad? Is it simply the weather? The plows? Both?

Yeah it's probably a combination of everything you just said man.At one time the pottholes in DC were a PROBLEM!I'm not really sure if it's any better now though.

Miami has some vicious ones. One area around here its the manholes you gotta look out for.

Come to Providence, You guys havn't seen nothing yet.. they have Death Traps, they might as well put the mechanics business card in them

During the winter, snow(water) fills cracks/pots holes and freezes. When it freezes it expands making the cracks and pot holes larger than before.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Miami has some vicious ones. One area around here its the manholes you gotta look out for.
i especially hate those manholes disguised as harmless rain puddles after a wicked rainstorm
RIP passenger's side hubcap
frown.gif

Potholes are the worst.
I remember some yrs ago, up on 55th St in Brooklyn, there was a huge pothole in the street that the city never repaired.
The residents were complaining about it for a good 5 months to get it repaired.
One day a motorcyclist was driving on that st, hit the pothole and went flying off his bike.
He died as soon as he hit the ground.

The city came out the following day to repair the pothole.
It took a live for the city to finally do some work to these streets.
smh.gif

Man the Van Wyck in NYC headed to JFK airport is in extremely bad shape.

I guess all of the rock salt they threw down from the storms this past winter caused them, but it is in terrible shape.

Theres a huge one on NO conduit ave getting on the belt parkway here in queens, I was speeding yesturday and when I noticed it it was too late, i couldn't swerve to miss it cause i had cars on both sides of me. I thought my tire was gonna fly off.

It's caused by freezing and refreezing. You do not want to even know how horrible potholes are in MN. It made the news when the city ran out of winter pothole filler and the asphalt plant opened a month early to start making the warm weather fill. Warm weather fill works better than cold weather fill.

One time, I lost my review mirror hitting a pothole. I'm surprised I didn't lose my care entirely in it. Some of them rival sink holes. There is a stretch of my commute where I just drive on the wrong side of the street for a block because it's no longer potholes, it's one giant rutted washboard surface
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Man the Van Wyck in NYC headed to JFK airport is in extremely bad shape.

I guess all of the rock salt they threw down from the storms this past winter caused them, but it is in terrible shape.

I was driving on it last Sunday.  As soon as I saw the roads I knew the drive was going to suck.  All the lanes were messed up so I had nowhere to go and I was cursing the whole time.

theres one RIGHT outside of my apartment.. its like damn the city not gon fix this? Its to the point where u cant ever drive around it strategically... its ike 3 in a row u HAVE to run over them... No way i'm puttin my rims on in NY...

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Come to Providence, You guys havn't seen nothing yet.. they have Death Traps, they might as well put the mechanics business card in them

Quoted for the damn truth. My brothers whole car got *BLEEP* up cuz of them roads. I dont drive though, RIPPPTTAAAAA

wow man..thought i was the only one thinking this. i live around the sheepshead bay area and drive a 328i. I hit a pothole about two weeks ago in manhattan beach. It was so big that my radio changed. All I did was pray that i didnt get a flat...10 seconds later air light came on and i got out to hear this massive flow of air coming out. Had to spend $300 on one tire lol i have the tires that fill up with air when you get a flat

my friend also got one two days ago.

beyond ridiculous

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

wow man..thought i was the only one thinking this. i live around the sheepshead bay area and drive a 328i. I hit a pothole about two weeks ago in manhattan beach. It was so big that my radio changed. All I did was pray that i didnt get a flat...10 seconds later air light came on and i got out to hear this massive flow of air coming out. Had to spend $300 on one tire lol i have the tires that fill up with air when you get a flat

my friend also got one two days ago.

beyond ridiculous
laugh.gif
what? Don't you mean that you have run-flats? They don't magically fill up - they're just made with stiff sidewalls so you can drive a short way with no air in them.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It's caused by freezing and refreezing.
This
the water seeps into the cracks causing the pavement to expand, and when it gets warmer it contracts back

getting on the cross bronx looks like a mess

Yeah man, they are getting worst.... Too much salt eating away at the concrete... There are at least 40% more potholes this yr ... I try to avoid ones i remember and end up hitting new ones .... That why I will only have hoopties until I leave NYC... Hoopties FTW....

My plastic hubcap came flying off 3 days ago on the belt...

Back
Top Bottom