These Santa Anas are killin it

Joined Oct 3, 2011
The Santa Ana winds in the LA, IE area are killin it in the foothills and other spots. LAX and several other areas have experienced blackouts. Its supposed to be even windier. Lake Castaic experienced a wind gust of 97MPH. I know to all of the NTers that live in tornado and hurricane prone areas may shrug it off (just like I shrugged off that east coast earthquake) but this is crazy. Pasadena is in a state of emergency.

Joined Jul 26, 2008
I haven't seen winds this this fast in a long time. The wind picked up enough to actually push me a few times this morning. 

All in all, I like this kind of weather for some reason.

Joined Sep 1, 2006
Originally Posted by 2sappy

All in all, I like this kind of weather for some reason.
It's died down out here in Long Beach for now, but I love this weather - It's a nice change from the usual sun.

Joined Oct 3, 2011
I was in Fontana last night (my sister nephew n brother were on the news) and it was windy as F. Now I'm watching the news ad there's downed power lines everywhere. The last time I can remember winds like this was back in like 98' when I was living in Azusa. All up and down my street trees were blown over. But yeah I like this weather too.

Joined Nov 14, 2008
My cousin posted this pic on fb:

These winds are no joke. Plus, with the power out in LA
Thank goodness I'm not home right now.

Joined Nov 22, 2002
my neighbors surfboard rode down the street - he left it untied to the top of his suv. 

Joined Oct 3, 2011
HAHAHA Fontucky. But yeah I think we all get used to it but for sure these are the strongest in a while.

Joined Jan 26, 2011
Pasadena is no joke...lowkey scared last night. 

some of the damage...

some trees that were hundreds of years old went down man...all kinds of roads blocked off and trees destroying everything.

dajondondo

Banned
Joined Jan 4, 2010
Originally Posted by StillIn729

I thought this thread was about Christmas
Me too....
Stay away from tree's CA people. they can kill you.

Spoiler [+]
Boston > NYC > miami > LA

Joined Apr 14, 2006
I'm in the OC and in class right now at CSULB and haven't seen any of the winds yet...it usually does hit though.
My friend last night was telling me to expect some pretty strong winds but i haven't seen ANYTHING yet...tonight might be a fun night!
Hope y'all are good though

Joined Dec 17, 2003
I am in San Marino and it sounded like the world was going to end last night. Mu commute normally is about 20 minutes, but it took me an hour and a half to get to the office this morning, which is only 11 miles away.

Joined Aug 2, 2011
Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I thought this thread was about Christmas
Me too....
Stay away from tree's CA people. they can kill you.

Spoiler [+]
Boston > NYC > miami > LA
Boston?

Joined Oct 28, 2005
im in irvine and havent felt/seen anything yet, but hearing from everyone and seeing pics is crazy

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now