These Santa Anas are killin it

The Santa Ana winds in the LA, IE area are killin it in the foothills and other spots. LAX and several other areas have experienced blackouts. Its supposed to be even windier. Lake Castaic experienced a wind gust of 97MPH. I know to all of the NTers that live in tornado and hurricane prone areas may shrug it off (just like I shrugged off that east coast earthquake) but this is crazy. Pasadena is in a state of emergency.

cant even pull out my driveway smh...
im from rancho btw
mad.gif

I haven't seen winds this this fast in a long time. The wind picked up enough to actually push me a few times this morning. 
laugh.gif

All in all, I like this kind of weather for some reason.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by 2sappy

All in all, I like this kind of weather for some reason.
glasses.gif

It's died down out here in Long Beach for now, but I love this weather - It's a nice change from the usual sun.

I was in Fontana last night (my sister nephew n brother were on the news) and it was windy as F. Now I'm watching the news ad there's downed power lines everywhere. The last time I can remember winds like this was back in like 98' when I was living in Azusa. All up and down my street trees were blown over. But yeah I like this weather too.

My cousin posted this pic on fb:

378124_10150404472432615_739937614_8531474_975460574_n.jpg

These winds are no joke. Plus, with the power out in LA
30t6p3b.gif
Thank goodness I'm not home right now.

my neighbors surfboard rode down the street - he left it untied to the top of his suv. 

HAHAHA Fontucky. But yeah I think we all get used to it but for sure these are the strongest in a while.

Pasadena is no joke...lowkey scared last night. 
embarassed.gif

some of the damage...

377848_10100640127905401_6025543_57844007_1679956980_n.jpg

391020_2517359266078_1616154471_2334757_322000932_n.jpg

some trees that were hundreds of years old went down man...all kinds of roads blocked off and trees destroying everything.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I thought this thread was about Christmas

Me too....
Stay away from tree's CA people. they can kill you.

Spoiler [+]
Boston > NYC > miami > LA

I'm in the OC and in class right now at CSULB and haven't seen any of the winds yet...it usually does hit though.
My friend last night was telling me to expect some pretty strong winds but i haven't seen ANYTHING yet...tonight might be a fun night!
Hope y'all are good though

I am in San Marino and it sounded like the world was going to end last night. Mu commute normally is about 20 minutes, but it took me an hour and a half to get to the office this morning, which is only 11 miles away.
mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I thought this thread was about Christmas

Me too....
Stay away from tree's CA people. they can kill you.

Spoiler [+]
Boston > NYC > miami > LA
Boston?
roll.gif
roll.gif

im in irvine and havent felt/seen anything yet, but hearing from everyone and seeing pics is crazy

Back
Top Bottom