They don't make music videos like they used to...

The 90's and early 00's had to be the golden age for music videos. I mean, I'm not seeing dope **** like this anymore. These are almost mini movies.

PS, I personally don't think this thread belongs in music because I'm talking more about the visual aspect of the videos,

Prove me wrong.

Who remembered this this came out? **** was like a MOVIE. They did video premiers and everything. People used to tune in to see **** like this. Remember that old show that used to be on BET where they would show the behind the scenes of music videos being shot? What was it called?

Eh, I'm the opposite. I hated the Hype Williams million dollar budget videos. Prefer the real life look over the fantasy look.

I feel like mid, late 2000s to early 2010s music video quality dropped off a lot

They've started to come back up in quality now the mid 2010s

Last edited:
I think it's just shifted.

Feel like MVs can be more "film" like.

Back then it was like people went "hey you know what would be crazy"

What?

Hell you talking bout?

OP drunk!

Music isn't even the same! It's all about trap,blowing money, dripping....

So what you expect from radio music?

Music videos still exist you just need to stop listening to the bs music.

back in the day, labels would give artist bigger budgets for video's bc it was a big part of how music was consumed @ the time.

lotta the older vids in here had to cost 200 g's and up to produce. thats rare these days. so many artist are indy and they aint tryna foot the bill for that.

I miss Hype Williams.

Music videos now are way more DIY which is good for artists that fans are cool with that but overall i miss the movie set looking videos. But the budgets ain’t hitting like that no more.

The 90's and early 00's had to be the golden age for music videos. I mean, I'm not seeing dope **** like this anymore. These are almost mini movies.

PS, I personally don't think this thread belongs in music because I'm talking more about the visual aspect of the videos,

Prove me wrong.

Who remembered this this came out? **** was like a MOVIE. They did video premiers and everything. People used to tune in to see **** like this. Remember that old show that used to be on BET where they would show the behind the scenes of music videos being shot? What was it called?

the show was Access Granted on BET iirc

Prove me wrong.

You beat me to it . The Busta Rhymes Janet Video. First time looking at the thread. I read the title all I thought was that video. You had it in the list.

remember seeing TI make What You Know on that and it blowing my mind when i found out how *****s made slow motion music videos :lol:
I just YouTubed that episode. I don't understand the point of filming it fast just to slow it to normal speed. It just looks like normal speed so why not just film it normal.

Busta Rhymes - Gimme Some More

More choreography. Also Jordan 11's. 112 - It's Over Now

Daron seemed to be an overlooked member in this group.

Back
Top Bottom