They want Shiggy to work for Free

The Keak slander in here. :smh:
I hope his recovery is going well and will be able to walk again soon so he can keep making music for the bay. :pimp:

drake gave shiggy a check for helping in my feelings go.

choosy aint really going like that and fab certainly aint on drake level to not wanna pay if the hottest ***** in the game broke bread.

end of convo. the cassanova club section comment was true colors showing too.

bruh people 19 and under absolutely dont know who Fab is like that.

Lol people who are 20 were born in 1999...they were 10 when Fab started to slow down mainstream wise lol. unless u a hip hop head or from NY u def might be more familiar w shiggy than fab if u 15-20

It be hard to argue about who kids these days know until you really dig into the ages. If you 30+ thinking somebody doesn't know an artist you grew up on cause they were "big". Unless these teeny-boppers had somebody put them on to an older act they prob don't know their name or their bodies of work but will more than likely recognize a social media "star"

my son can name 20+ youtubers off his head without fail, I'll see if he can recognize some older artists

bruh people 19 and under absolutely dont know who Fab is like that.

Lol people who are 20 were born in 1999...they were 10 when Fab started to slow down mainstream wise lol. unless u a hip hop head or from NY u def might be more familiar w shiggy than fab if u 15-20

Youd be surprised how much money is invested by corporations / industries in the science of demography - especially for advertising purposes.

There are no simple anwers.

Age is a category of demography however demography itself is the scientific study of human populations primarily with respect to their size, their structure and their development; it takes into account the quantitative aspects of their general characteristics.

So while age is something, it is not everything, as it relates to demography.

Agreed however - 18-24 may not be the largest target audience for Fab just as 24 - 36 may not be the largest target audience for Shiggy.

Doesnt mean anything other than knowing your market.

One can be washed at any age.

How long do you think Shiggy is going to be around?

Not mad at him for trying to strike while the iron is hot however business is business...and Fab been in the business a LOT longer than Shiggy.

If Shiggy doenst have a contract lawyer by now - he is severely lacking.

Fab aint even the right person to talk to about a check...

"'Yo man, it'd be cool if you do something for the new joint, for 'Choosy,''" Fab recalled he asked Shiggy. The rapper said that Shiggy asked for a check beforehand, a request that Fab wasn't offended by. He recognizes that social media influencers get paid by record labels, but he doesn't do that personally out of his own pocket. "I even told him, 'Yo, Imma see if Def Jam can get you a check. Lemme figure it out. I'm not mad at you gettin' your money. I'm not paying you, but if Def Jam wanna cut the [check] why wouldn't I let Def Jam give him some money."

His explanation made sense to the radio hosts, but Fab added that there are exchanges that go down for sans payments. "He did the Drake thing for free," adding that Shiggy got paid "after the fact. It wasn't a negotiated payment beforehand." Ebro said now that Shiggy has gained some fame, things might be different. "But you also had people who was supporting you before you was Shiggy," Fab replied. "The internet made it a big funny story." Watch Fab's interview, and the friendly confrontation, below.

Some of y'all out here acting like Fab wrong when the business of business is business.

Instead of chatty patty internet gossip Shiggy could have gotten a nice check out of this opportunity from Def Jam.

I mean seriously - how many people can do / have been doing what Shiggy does?

Cough. Soulja Boy tell em. Cough

Last edited:
Y'all out here thinking its acting like Fab wrong when the business of business is business.

Instead of chatty patty internest gossip Shiggy could have gotten a nice check out of this opportunity.

I mean seriously - how many people can do what Shiggy does?

Business is business and it don't matter if somebody did something for free last year, this year there's a charge.
If Shiggy was askin' Fab to pay him out of pocket that's odd but once Fab decided to Chatty Patty his self into saying on video Shiggy asked him to pay him he opened himself up to ridicule.
Was Shiggy approached by Drake to create the dance or did Shiggy create it and it just took off?
Either way, Shiggy may have lost a check here but Fab also lost a viral dance opportunity. Neither person "won" this exchange but Shiggy most likely will look the least worst out of the two.

And if we askin' who can do what Shiggy can do, there's just as many people who do what Fab does that will pay so....

And if we askin' who can do what Shiggy can do, there's just as many people who do what Fab does that will pay so....

Ehhhhhhh. Not really. How many rappers from 1998 are we still typing about?

IJS Shiggy wanna stay out here he gotta learn how to move.

Last edited:
1575654905112.png

Gucci got Jake Paul to pay him $250k for a verse, I'm sure there are other folks who would overpay as well

Word. I wouldnt word it that way but I see what youre saying.

More like Paul's cost / benefit anaylsis led to a 250K investment in a deal with Gucci because Gucci is Gucci.

"The perfect example of this is Jake Paul who was an Internet sensation before he also became an actor. This YouTuber has been so successful in his career that it is now estimated (as of 2019) that he has a personal net worth of $19 million."

Gucci is Gucci

Fab is Fab

Shiggy did a dance challenge that went viral.

He has the opportunity to move this any way he wants but he gotta know the business.

Step one. Get a contract lawyer!

Example:

Shout out to Spice Adams...most folks dont know he played in the NFL at all.

Most folks know him from Youtube content....same as Jake Paul.

Last edited:
Youd be surprised how much money is invested by corporations / industries in the science of demography - especially for advertising purposes.

There are no simple anwers.

Age is a category of demography however demography itself is the scientific study of human populations primarily with respect to their size, their structure and their development; it takes into account the quantitative aspects of their general characteristics.

So while age is something, it is not everything, as it relates to demography.

Agreed however - 18-24 may not be the largest target audience for Fab just as 24 - 36 may not be the largest target audience for Shiggy.

Doesnt mean anything other than knowing your market.

One can be washed at any age.

How long do you think Shiggy is going to be around?

Not mad at him for trying to strike while the iron is hot however business is business...and Fab been in the business a LOT longer than Shiggy.

If Shiggy doenst have a contract lawyer by now - he is severely lacking.

Fab aint even the right person to talk to about a check...

"'Yo man, it'd be cool if you do something for the new joint, for 'Choosy,''" Fab recalled he asked Shiggy. The rapper said that Shiggy asked for a check beforehand, a request that Fab wasn't offended by. He recognizes that social media influencers get paid by record labels, but he doesn't do that personally out of his own pocket. "I even told him, 'Yo, Imma see if Def Jam can get you a check. Lemme figure it out. I'm not mad at you gettin' your money. I'm not paying you, but if Def Jam wanna cut the [check] why wouldn't I let Def Jam give him some money."

His explanation made sense to the radio hosts, but Fab added that there are exchanges that go down for sans payments. "He did the Drake thing for free," adding that Shiggy got paid "after the fact. It wasn't a negotiated payment beforehand." Ebro said now that Shiggy has gained some fame, things might be different. "But you also had people who was supporting you before you was Shiggy," Fab replied. "The internet made it a big funny story." Watch Fab's interview, and the friendly confrontation, below.

Some of y'all out here acting like Fab wrong when the business of business is business.

Instead of chatty patty internest gossip Shiggy could have gotten a nice check out of this opportunity from Def Jam.

I mean seriously - how many people can do / have been doing what Shiggy does?

Cough. Soulja Boy tell em. Cough

:lol: what’s all this I was just replying to Ninja saying more people under a certain age know Fab or shiggy

What would a kid who’s 20 know Fab for if you didn’t start really giving a **** about rap till like 2011-2013 lol? Let alone who’s 15-19

Fab was tryna make his song hot with the 18-27 demographic that could care less rn.

He can’t be “the wrong person to ask about money” but you’re the one requesting he makes the video

The only thing that’s real here is Fab wanted dude to do free marketing for a dry record and hope maybe on the back end he’ll get compensation or maybe just free bottles with sparklers.

That’s the in between homeboy **** of the rap game it happens with beats, cover art, promos, etc. whenever you do something that people feel like is easy or you not “ON” yet from they feel like it’s okay to try and homeboy your way into free work.

But yet in 2-3 years it’s gonna be funny to people when Shiggy out here looking crazy bc he had no real plays going but yet he’s dumb/silly for this. It’s sick. How is he good enough to ask for free promo but not good enough to pay

Back
Top Bottom