They want Shiggy to work for Free

It be hard to argue about who kids these days know until you really dig into the ages. If you 30+ thinking somebody doesn't know an artist you grew up on cause they were "big". Unless these teeny-boppers had somebody put them on to an older act they prob don't know their name or their bodies of work but will more than likely recognize a social media "star"

my son can name 20+ youtubers off his head without fail, I'll see if he can recognize some older artists

I’m saying it because I was born mid 90’s and my brother 20.

My generation till like 98 is the cut off for that 106 and Park and **** era where you would know Fab. Growing up my brother was too young to care about the tail end of 106/blog rap era (to catch the soul tapes). Like I said ****** were 10-11 in 09-10 when you kinda had to be in tune to know about the Soul Tapes and what not

But yet in 2-3 years it’s gonna be funny to people when Shiggy out here looking crazy bc he had no real plays going but yet he’s dumb/silly for this. It’s sick. How is he good enough to ask for free promo but not good enough to pay

"'Yo man, it'd be cool if you do something for the new joint, for 'Choosy,''" Fab recalled he asked Shiggy. The rapper said that Shiggy asked for a check beforehand, a request that Fab wasn't offended by. He recognizes that social media influencers get paid by record labels, but he doesn't do that personally out of his own pocket. "I even told him, 'Yo, Imma see if Def Jam can get you a check. Lemme figure it out. I'm not mad at you gettin' your money. I'm not paying you, but if Def Jam wanna cut the [check] why wouldn't I let Def Jam give him some money."

"'Yo man, it'd be cool if you do something for the new joint, for 'Choosy,''" Fab recalled he asked Shiggy. The rapper said that Shiggy asked for a check beforehand, a request that Fab wasn't offended by. He recognizes that social media influencers get paid by record labels, but he doesn't do that personally out of his own pocket. "I even told him, 'Yo, Imma see if Def Jam can get you a check. Lemme figure it out. I'm not mad at you gettin' your money. I'm not paying you, but if Def Jam wanna cut the [check] why wouldn't I let Def Jam give him some money."

so what was all the clowning and the bottle section comment and **** for? if it was that simple? it's even acknowledged in the video by some chick to the side that Shiggy wants a bag from Def Jam and not Fab and Fab says "Imma get to that" and proceeds to continue clowning him...

Cause Fab was in fact offended by Shiggy's audacity to ask him to his face for a check

Yeah I get what you guys are saying.

If in fact Fab was offended (even though he says he wasnt, and it didnt seem so in the video) - then I get it.

Maybe some would see that as a lame move on Fabs part - I dunno.

Seemed like they were all joking around in the video I saw.

I just hope Shiggy learns from this.

Industry Rule #4080.

Get a contracts lawyer.

If youre good at what you do, never do it for free.

The trick is knowing that publicity is a form of payment in a world where attention is everything.

After everyone else is done writing. blogging, and otherwise, making interent content and getting paid off clicks and views for this "Fab tried to Finesse Shiggy" stuff, Shiggy wont be one dime more wealthy.

Personally I woulda said Hell Yeah, thanks for the opportunity Fab!

Appreciate ya Bro. I got you.

I mean lets be honest - he was blessed as hell to end up on the Today show from this....

Last edited:
if Fab wasn't offended then he would have no need to make Shiggy askin' for payment into a conversation, woulda just kept it movin'
If he wasn't and he was jokin' around he's gotta brush up his comedy cause it ain't translate very well

if Fab wasn't offended then he would have no need to make Shiggy askin' for payment into a conversation, woulda just kept it movin'
If he wasn't and he was jokin' around he's gotta brush up his comedy cause it ain't translate very well

I dunno Fam.

Seemed to me like they were all joking around. It aint like Fab purposfully made the video about Shiggy. The "Fablive" vlogger was already rolling and the conversation was already going on in the background in the video I saw...dont even seem like Fab knew the video was rolling at first.

Even in the video Fab says "I"ll try to get him a check" - which I thought was the funniest part...well besides Casanova drunk *** boosting it up.

Maybe Fab shouldnt have posted it? I dunno.

I do know I aint know who Shiggy even was before this.

CORRECTION:

Just watched the video again and Fab admits "I was a little salty that he told me" @ 2:52.

Meh.

Personally I woulda said Hell Yeah, thanks for the opportunity Fab!

Appreciate ya Bro. I got you.

I mean lets be honest - he was blessed as hell to end up on the Today show from this....

Why you acknowledging how 'blessed' Shiggy was but not acknowledging the effect he had on In My Feelings? That challenge was everywhere and Fab wanted the same thing for this "Choosy" bull **** lol

If Shiggy does it for free Fab gets another hit record and Shiggy gets nothing. He still gets nothing now but at least he ain't get taken advantage of. Now the next person who want a video from Shiggy gon come with a budget in hand, even if it's a smaller artist.

That being said, obviously the funny dancing ain't gon last forever as an income stream for Shiggy though so that's something he gotta figure out.

1575654905112.png

This is so bad :rofl:

Why you acknowledging how 'blessed' Shiggy was but not acknowledging the effect he had on In My Feelings? That challenge was everywhere and Fab wanted the same thing for this "Choosy" bull **** lol

What effect?

Buddy didnt create the challenge.

He won the challenge.

CORRECTION.

I just Googled it and apparently Shiggy did start the challenge.

My bad.

Aint even know.

Who started it?
The trend was started by American comedian Shiggy who danced along to the song in the middle of the road wearing a Reebok tracksuit.

For the lyrics "are you riding" he pretends to drive a car and makes a love heart with his hands when Drake sings "Kiki, do you love me?"

Drake thanked the comedian in person, tweeting a picture of the pairs with the caption: "Man got me a No1 record today!

"Oh my God!"

Aint even know main man was a comedian.

Anyway - yes its a blessing that he got on from doing a dance any 12 year old black girl in America could do and going viral from it.

Last edited:
Folks can say Shiggy needed Fab more all they want but there's more than one reason Fab went to Shiggy and not the other way around.
Again Shiggy ain't world renowned but he is much more impactful than expected

That Fab song is super trash but perfect for a dance challenge. Def Jam should definitely call him and lowball him.

Bottle sections at the club is lame period.

sometimes it makes sense when it’s a whole gang of 7+ of y’all instead of each of yall paying $50-$70 for drinks. Might as well get a section with two bottles and drink at will with your peoples.

when you get it to look cool is when it’s lame though.

these rappers don’t pay for them bottles especially when it’s a walkthrough though so IDK what Casanova is lying about like he doing Shiggy a favor :lol:

Imagine looking forward to a Fab album in damn near 2020. That’s some spin cycle on high washed right there. Couldn’t be me.

Fab Soul Tape stuff, sure. Trendy Fab making music geared towards 22 year old tumblr fan fiction writers? No thanks

Why fab offended lol bosses cut the check. No?
If anything shiggy was the one that was offended getting asked to work for free. What! Fab looking like a beggar. Hold an L. Straight disrespect trying to little bro the man.

Back
Top Bottom