Things being an Atheist has taught me.

Because for to long I have been told that I should give glory to god when something good happens to me, because he's bestowing his blessings upon me. OnceI left the charge, I realized that my successes and failures were of my own doing and no higher power, good or evil was controlling them. I then realized thatI didn't have to be good so the lord could bless me, I could be good and attain the "blessings" myself. The idea of perfection came into the mixwhen I just started living to achieve my own personal greatness and not that of the lord's. The church tells me that no one can be perfect, and I refusedto let that belief system hinder me. I'm not trying to run away from anything, rather I'm running towards what people told me I couldn't achieve,perfection, my own personal perfection that is.

I can respect that.

I believe in a higher power but I don't believe that that higher power necessarily meddles in our affairs or has any interest in day to day, year to year, century to century happenings. And because of that, I still believe I'm the main factor in how my life unfolds.

So while I'm not religious, I do believe in a god or gods.

So what do you believe is the purpose of these god(s) if they have no impact on what goes on here on Earth?

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

I can respect that.

I believe in a higher power but I don't believe that that higher power necessarily meddles in our affairs or has any interest in day to day, year to year, century to century happenings. And because of that, I still believe I'm the main factor in how my life unfolds.

exactly what i tell people...im christian I BELIEVE that we are in charge of our own lives, no divine intervention and god's greatest gift was thought

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

God stills loves you.... and when you need him don't be afraid to ask.

AMEN!
OP, like people have been saying. To each their own. You let me and the rest of NT know when you feel you've achieved your greatness, your perfection.Maybe you can enlighten everyone with your newfound knowledge so we can all be perfect and live in a perfect world!

i can't wait!
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Because for to long I have been told that I should give glory to god when something good happens to me, because he's bestowing his blessings upon me. Once I left the charge, I realized that my successes and failures were of my own doing and no higher power, good or evil was controlling them. I then realized that I didn't have to be good so the lord could bless me, I could be good and attain the "blessings" myself. The idea of perfection came into the mix when I just started living to achieve my own personal greatness and not that of the lord's. The church tells me that no one can be perfect, and I refused to let that belief system hinder me. I'm not trying to run away from anything, rather I'm running towards what people told me I couldn't achieve, perfection, my own personal perfection that is.

I can respect that.

So what do you believe is the purpose of these god(s) if they have no impact on what goes on here on Earth?

Good response.

We all must find our own way.

Who knows, someone might need to hear whatever is you have to say. This is NT, sharing ideas is what this place is about.

I'm not religious, but I do believe in GOD. I just realize that GOD is not an unseen BEING, GOD is the very energy that is all of us.

While we are able to interpret our experiences as individual lives, separate from one another and each significant in its own way, we are all one big, living,breathing organism.

If you were able to "zoom out", so to speak, of the universe and see it in it's entirety, you'd see that the universe is a being, much likeus, surrounded by other beings, much like us.

If you were able to continue to "zoom in", so to speak, to our atoms and the subatomic particles, etc, you'd see that they are little universes,and closer still, little galaxies, and closer... little solar systems.

At least that's what my experiences have led me to believe.

Who knows, someone might need to hear whatever is you have to say. This is NT, sharing ideas is what this place is about.

I wish that's what this place was about lol, I used to jump in but most of the time id realize people are gonna believe what they want, people dont changeunless they feel the need to not because a person tells them they should and sadly enough that "want to change" comes with time and time fallowsage......... Plus I realized most of the time I am trying to reason with a 14 or 15yr old ISS memeber........it's not gonna work lol

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

I can respect that.

exactly what i tell people...im christian I BELIEVE that we are in charge of our own lives, no divine intervention and god's greatest gift was thought

/Thread

Again I ask, what do you believe is the purpose of these god(s) if they have no impact on what goes on here on Earth?

Since when did Christianity say to not chase perfection?....Another mislead atheist to the list.

It's well known, that Jesus is said to be the only perfect being because he was without sin, and human's as you know are born with sin. Leading me tobelieve that Christianity tells its followers that can never be perfect because they are already plagued by original sin.

It's well known, that Jesus is said to be the only perfect being because he was without sin, and human's as you know are born with sin. Leading me to believe that Christianity tells its followers that can never be perfect because they are already plagued by original sin.

Just because we can never be perfect does not mean christianity says one cannot chase perfection.

Nah no Aliens either. Earth seems to be the only place in the galaxy to support intelligent life.

But one does wonder, if God made the entire Universe, why did he make Earth the world?

Also, why do some of you so strongly believe in that which you cannot see?

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Nah no Aliens either. Earth seems to be the only place in the galaxy to support intelligent life.

But one does wonder, if God made the entire Universe, why did he make Earth the world?

Also, why do some of you so strongly believe in that which you cannot see?
You sure about no aliens........do you know how big the universe is? I didn not say I believe in aliens, I just would not be surprised if therewere other life forms out there.

About OP I can't say I have the same faith in humanity as you do. Human are just fancy animals, we have the same basic killer and survival instincts asevery other animal.

I believe in a higher power but I don't believe that that higher power necessarily meddles in our affairs

I'm not certain. But I suppose to put it simply, I believe that god(s) is a macro-manager and not a micro-manager, if that makes any sense. He/she/theymight be more interested in the grand scheme of things instead of all the minor details.

For example, god(s) says.. okay, it's time for the age of the dinos.. now it's the time for the age of men.. instead of thinking, oh crap I'm gonnamake sure the Rockets win tonight because Bob from H-Town just prayed for it..

In any case, I think god(s) is a passive god(s) who doesn't entertain trivial matters.. he/she/they gave us the gift to think for ourselves and beresponsible for ourselves and our fellow men..

Just because we can never be perfect does not mean christianity says one cannot chase perfection.

So it's just a tease then? I don't buy that, I believe we can attain it.

About OP I can't say I have the same faith in humanity as you do. Human are just fancy animals, we have the same basic killer and survival instincts as every other animal.

I think we are much greater than that, a lot of us just haven't been able to tap into that inner potential. It's like some people are scared to achievetheir true greatness because they're afraid of failing. Which is why I think a lot of people become religious because it serves as crutch for them if theystumble, then they can shed responsibility and put their trust in a higher power. And when they bounce back, they mistake their good fortune as a blessing, andfail to see that they are the reason they made it threw their trial. I just want people to have enough faith in themselves to be able to fall and bounce backand know that their the reason things are going well, and not because god helped them out.

I believe in a higher power but I don't believe that that higher power necessarily meddles in our affairs

I'm not certain. But I suppose to put it simply, I believe that god(s) is a macro-manager and not a micro-manager, if that makes any sense. He/she/they might be more interested in the grand scheme of things instead of all the minor details.

For example, god(s) says.. okay, it's time for the age of the dinos.. now it's the time for the age of men.. instead of thinking, oh crap I'm gonna make sure the Rockets win tonight because Bob from H-Town just prayed for it..

In any case, I think god(s) is a passive god(s) who doesn't entertain trivial matters.. he/she/they gave us the gift to think for ourselves and be responsible for ourselves and our fellow men..

VERY well said!

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Since when did Christianity say to not chase perfection?....Another mislead atheist to the list.

Thank you! the Lord does show us we can be perfect, Just read everything Paul had to say and Christ "be ye perfect" Perfection in Gods eyes isfallowing his will in your life and that can only be found out by asking and having a realationship with that "God" who gave you thatwill...........Yes you can live a perect life it's us who choose not to and it's us who put a worldly definition on what perfect is and never ask theLord who made us what that is........And im talking about Jesus Christ when I say "God" fyi lol

So it's just a tease then? I don't buy that, I believe we can attain it.

About OP I can't say I have the same faith in humanity as you do. Human are just fancy animals, we have the same basic killer and survival instincts as every other animal.

I think we are much greater than that, a lot of us just haven't been able to tap into that inner potential. It's like some people are scared to achieve their true greatness because they're afraid of failing. Which is why I think a lot of people become religious because it serves as crutch for them if they stumble, then they can shed responsibility and put their trust in a higher power. And when they bounce back, they mistake their good fortune as a blessing, and fail to see that they are the reason they made it threw their trial. I just want people to have enough faith in themselves to be able to fall and bounce back and know that their the reason things are going well, and not because god helped them out.

Yerp accountability and personal responsibility FTW.

Very true Alot of people do that and make it a "crutch" and I will be the first person to say that, its sad I love the world and never get mad atthem but more then anything get upset at the so called "church" people........So I know what you guys mean, makes me upset because you have so many"posers" out there that are in it for the wrong reason.......sorry but that's not me

Let me just say this,

Christians has it the hard way because we know and believe in sins.

because we know exists, we try our hardest to not sin.

for people who don't believe in sins has it the easy way because

they don't know what sin is so they just commit sin without care.

Again I ask, what do you believe is the purpose of these god(s) if they have no impact on what goes on here on Earth?

What you do in this life is a direct reflection of the soul you are. The being you are. It is you. If you are greedy, perverted, and only out for yourself,your time after this life is over will reflect as such. God gives you the option to choose who you are as an individual. Its all up to you, its your choice.

Back
Top Bottom