Things you have done to not be harassed , profiled or accused?

all my black friends have a "white people" voice
and some of my white friends have a "black people" voice lol

Last edited:
Blast my music while the whip is rolling.Then
LOWER it down when I stop at a red light!!!

I usually speak to older people, regardless of race, because I believe a lot of them think most young black males in my generation are rude and dismissive. Sometimes I go out of my way not to reinforce stereotypes that I have control over.

I find myself doing this

When riding thru such neighborhoods turn my music down

Call ppl "sir & ma'am" but I do that with anyone thats looks as if they are older than me by 20 yrs

After trayvon's situation I have stopped running at nighttime instead ill run around 6 or 7...I had my own situation..someone said I was looking into their house when infact I looked at thehouse just running idk even know which house it was...smh I had a hoody with my college on it and my headphones..3 cops rolled up on me and started badgering with questions for like 15 minutes

-other than that nothing..I carry myself in a proper manner no matter what race I'm around

key

Stopped wearing Jordans and Foamposites.

Shop when I get off work and im still in a dress apparel.

But when I see em at the light...

i9CTalYeSQK3s.gif

:rofl:

I'll  toss out a "hey, how's it going" to somebody grilling me too hard...they're compelled by some mysterious force to change their face and speak back, confused as to what the hell they were so mad about in the first place.

Other than that, I'm a 6'4" 240lb black man who doesn't own a suit...not much I can do about people's prejudices.

I only wear my ski mask in the night to keep my face warm and i keep my gun in my hand so people won't think i'm hiding one.

- Do my best to not hold my phone, or anything that can be mistaken for a gun (by NYPD standards) in my hand.

- Stop shopping at a store I feel I've been profiled in.

smile and nod at store owner/cashier/emnployee when I walk in

make sure I'm not sagging too much

never wear hats/beanies/hoodies at night

- Obey the law  

- I'll never put rims on my car; just tint. 

- Keep my window up and music low

Only thing I won't do is eat watermelon in public. And that is only b/c years ago someone at work bought in a watermelon and this old guy comes up to me and says, "There's watermelon in the break room, you must want some." Everyone in the room went silent. I just hit him w/ the "no thanks," and went back to my cube. I don't think he meant it like that, but since then I've never eaten it in public (not like I eat it much anyway).

Other than that not a damn thing. I'm 27 and don't get profiled/harassed as much as I once did, so not much of an issue anymore. But if someone is uncomfortable around me, for whatever reason, **** them.

Back
Top Bottom