Things you have done to not be harassed , profiled or accused?

What are some of the things you have done to avoid this?

Walking in a convenient store with your hands showing and making sure you say hi to the clerk.

Making one friend go into the convenient store while you and your friends wait outside

For example a gay couple avoiding holding hands at night

What have you done?

Talk white and use big words the opposer doesn't even understand. Think Uncle Tom of the boondocks.

When I walk into a small store I make sure I ask the clerk where something is even if I already know where it is.
This girl once told me she doesn't drink around people she doesn't know.Only boyfriends, longtime friends and family members.

Such is life.

Wenever i :smokin i usually spray/use something to hide the smell if im going out or to eat.
But if i go to the wing spot or the indian gas station i dont use anything because their foreign judgment means nothing to me.

Chick fil a too.

Last edited:
only thing i can think of is showing my waist band before going back into the club when i leave. its hard for a pimp sometimes in the south.

me:

iD9uqk3XcWuuX.gif

I usually speak to older people, regardless of race, because I believe a lot of them think most young black males in my generation are rude and dismissive. Sometimes I go out of my way not to reinforce stereotypes that I have control over.

Wenever i
smokin.gif
i usually spray/use something to hide the smell if im going out or to eat.
But if i go to the wing spot or the indian gas station i dont use anything because their foreign judgment means nothing to me.

Chick fil a too.

Last edited:
Grew my hair out n rocked that TV news caster look, dress like a white boy, flex my vocab, let 'em know I know my rights (as I signal TD).

But now that I cut my hair, I swear I fit every description.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

When riding thru such neighborhoods turn my music down

Call ppl "sir & ma'am" but I do that with anyone thats looks as if they are older than me by 20 yrs

After trayvon's situation I have stopped running at nighttime instead ill run around 6 or 7...I had my own situation..someone said I was looking into their house when infact I looked at thehouse just running idk even know which house it was...smh I had a hoody with my college on it and my headphones..3 cops rolled up on me and started badgering with questions for like 15 minutes

-other than that nothing..I carry myself in a proper manner no matter what race I'm around

Last edited:
You've gotta be a beta to be intimidated by someone just because of their skin color..

Always used to take my backwards hat off when driving by police

Turn music down when driving by police

Put hands at "10 and 2" when driving by police

Smile and wave to police like he's my hero when driving by police

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom