Think a filipino will make the nba in our lifetime?

everysingletime

formerly amel223
God, I hope so. Would be one of my favorite player no matter who it is.

With Yao Ming and two other Chinese dudes getting to the nba (though I think since then the other two were cut), and Yuta Tabuse making it close to getting on the Suns roster only to get cut, I can'thelp but feel hope that maybe a filipino will have a chance someday, lol.
4815162342​
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith​

hope so too...

i personally believe that the Triggerman, Allan Caidic could've made it in his heyday... he's only 6 feet & 2 in tall...
too small to be a TWO guard and not enough athletic skills to play the ONE...
but his Quick Release and Deadly outside shooting, plus his high basketball IQ could've, would've, should've served him well in the L.

im not saying his gonna be a star...maybe an 8-12 minute guy...just think of him as a smaller version of Rip Hamilton with a longer and deadlier range.
coming off screens and hitting wide-open 3s and Jumpers...

what a sight it could've been...

i remember reading an article ( thank God it was not written by the so called Dean Quinito Henson ) after his performance in the ASIAN games or something...a European scout was quoted as saying that Caidic was a better shooter than the late Drazen Petrovic...

i miss those Northern Consolidated /Great Taste/Presto Days...

CAIDIC...THREE POINTS!!!!

Depende.

Magulo na kasi ngayon. Meron Filipino, Meron Fil-Am, Fil-Japeke :rofl:
roll.gif
unique" International Players.

Hindi sila kukuha ng Filipino Lebron, Japanese Lebron, Chinese Lebron.

Kailangan unique.

Example: Dirk, Ginobili and Yao

malabo yan player nowadays are not as hardworking like those old school pinoy baller masyado ng maarte and mga player sa pinas even the college player

posible to kung ang matatangkad na player natin ay maglalaro ng point or at least 2 guard, pero kung sentro lalaruin nila eh malabo mangyare....kunwari si ildefonso nagaral maging guwardya ...baka sakali may tsansa pa....

Team Philippines
Member No.58

It would take many, many years before we get to see a Pinoy playing in the NBA hardcourt. A lot of our past, legitimate Pinoy stars like Alvin Patrimonio, Allan Caidic, Johnny Abbarientos would have been shoo-ins in the NBA if not for some height disaparities.

I doubt it if any of the present crop of PBA players can make the grade. The razzle-dazzle, flashy style of play is entertaining to the PBA crowd but quite useless in international competitions.

Anyone here following Peter Aguilar's kid in the NCAA? Could make a breakthrough a few years from now.

The last chance we should have a Pinoy NBA player was Abbarientos and Caidic.

Sayang at di pa tumitingin ang mga NBA teams noon sa mga international players.

Yung pumuntang "agent" from Hornets kay Johnny ay "peke"...di na pala team scout at that time...

FOR SALE AF1 Priority Philippines Inside/Out sz 9 DS LOOKING FOR Lebron SVSMs sz 9 - 10 DSdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

Quote:
Anyone here following Peter Aguilar's kid in the NCAA?
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS
Anthony, Blake, Camby, Diawara, Evans, Iverson, Johnson, Kleiza, Martin, Najera, Nen, Sampson, Smith​

Yeah, My Son, but he still 6 years old! :tongue:
tongue.gif
joke!

Kidding aside, i don't think, we will. We don't have the basic fundamentals, to make it. We always try to emulate, what we see on TV. But if there will be a revision on our basketball programs, then maybe we will. :wink:
wink.gif

there are a lot of filipino players (both men and women) that have been playing division 1 and 2 college ball. some are half-filipino, and full filipino.

the nba has become into a global international game for the world. it didn't take too long for international players such as yao ming, andres nocioni, pat burke, andrea bargnani to make it to the league. someday maybe in our lifetime, there will be a filipino or half-filipino that will make the nba roster.

Team Washington Wizards​

-Arenas-Stevenson-Butler-Jamison-Haywood-
We need to get it together..NOW​

Japeth Aguilar this kid is from my part of PI.

Pampanga.Where in Pampanga I wonder? Anyone know?
"Well the NBA is in great hands but if I had to pick the single greatest player on the planet, I take Kobe Bryant without hesitation." - Michael Jordan

Si Ron Artest di natin alam baka may lahi na pinoy kita nyo naman itsura nya mukhang pinoy na siga sa kanto
roll.gif

[size=+2]
I've seen the future of the nba his name is Amare Stoudemire -Shaquille O'Neal
[/size]

Quote:
Si Ron Artest di natin alam baka may lahi na pinoy kita nyo naman itsura nya mukhang pinoy na siga sa kanto

Pag humahanga, 'wag hinahaluan ng inggit.
laugh.gif

First Filipina:

[color=red orange][size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team [/size][size=+1]Back[/size] [size=+1]Spasms)[/size]

[/size][/color]​

You guys saw that news feature on channel 2? They said that a kid from the Ateneo juniors squad who now plays in California - Gian Chiu - can make it to the NBA. Anyway, just Google "Ateneo Gian Chiu", there are some stories about him.

[color=red orange][size=+2]

sapatos yan, hindi trophy
[size=+1](Team [/size][size=+1]Back[/size] [size=+1]Spasms)[/size]

[/size][/color]​

^^Gian Chiu? That doesn't sound like a filipino name. I'ma google when I get on the comp.

Thanks for the heads up though.

*Edited*

Saw a clip, read a few aricles...and it didn't leave me with a very good first impression of him. "Gentle Giant?" Lol, that's a name for a 7 footer, not a 6"7 dude like him. Already, this alone has me feeling doubtful about his shot at the nba. When you're that small (in nba terms) you can't afford to be gentle...got to have an edge.

Granted, he has the size of an nba player. 6"7 225 pounds...pretty impressive for a filipino. And the good thing is, he seems more mobile than other filipinos I've seen at his size.

That alone isn't going to be enough. A mobile 6"7 footer is good by filipino standards, but in the nba everybody at that size is mobile. Thus, I was expecting somebody with more athleticism. So, If he was going hard on those layups, then I think we can pretty much call it a wrap for this dude. There are filipino d3 players I know who can get up higher than that, and at half the size lol.

Nice guy, he seems, but an nba prospect? Ehhhh..... I really don't know about that lol.
4815162342​
TEAM DENVER NUGGETS

i can still remember when i went to high school with that kid back at ateneo.... sabi nila parang bata na di marunong maglaro... where does he go to school now?

tingin ko at the moment eh WALA .

kasi mga players dito sa atin eh puro PORMA lang
wala namang mga binatbat hmmmp ! ga-palito pa ang talon bwahahaha .

mga nagpapalake lang ng tiyan nila sa taas ng sweldo mga hinde naman
deserving !!!

Back
Top Bottom