Thinking about getting a Blackberry Vol. School me on it

Starting a new 2 plan (probably next week). Staying with Verizon since I've been with them for almost 6 years. Thinking of getting the 8530 with Unlimited Nationwide Talk & Text ($89.99 monthly). Yay or nay?

ive been with blackberry since 06 so i always come off bias

imo blackberry is the best and most pratical along with user friendkt fone there is on the market.

also very durable, ive dropped my fone 1000 of times with every model ive owned.

Not to sound like a prick, but you can ask for all of the advice in the world but at the end of the day you need to try out the phone on your own and see if it suits your needs.

Having said that, in the past year I've gone from BB Curve to Tour to HTC Hero (Android) to Iphone 3GS and then finally back to a BB9700.

I mainly use my phone to talk and text...occasional FB/Twitter foolishness and taking a few pics every now and then.

I don't care to use my phone for playing games or heavy web browsing. I might check ESPN for scores and maybe Google Maps or something like that.

At the end of the day, I just need something with good battery life and that's user friendly. Touchscreen's are cool, but I get way more accomplished on a physical keyboard.

*Even though I know BB are the phones for me, I'm still going to give the new Sprint Evo a chance
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by encore2007

BB are have just about past done their time. All the other phone makers are stepping their game up big time, and the other OS are gonna be 2 steps ahead of BB by the end of this year.

My thoughts exactly. If you're like gritty, and you dont plan on doing a lot of web browsing and using a lot of applications, then the BB will be cool, but if you ask me, I'd go with a Droid. The Droid Incredible is what I just bought, but it's on backorder for right now until early June if you order today. Mine should be arriving around the 29th. Weigh your options first. Go to the stores and use the phones before you make a decision.

I've been using a Blackberry since 03/04 before I gave the first one away to my little brother. Between the iPhone and the Blackberry, I keep switching to and from. The phone is a GREAT organizational tool and communication tool. I'm too easily reached on it.

Blackberry will soon become obsolete. Between droids on verizon, the new iphone with 4.0, and the EVO on sprint. There are so many new and better choices with much more capability. I might be bias because I had a BB for a week and didn't see the hype about it even a little bit. But like said previously, go try out the phones for yourself and choose.

i have the blackberry 8530 and i'm happy with it. all i ever use is blackberry messenger, facebook, e-mail, and the occassional web browsing (espn.com) or if i'm looking for phone numbers or directions.

i know some people are really big into web surfing, youtube and all that, and if that's the case get the iPhone. the iPhone's web surfing capabilities are 20x better than that of the blackberry. just have to ask yourself what you're going to be using it for.

"BlackBerry will soon be obsolete" is such a ridiculous statement.

Not everyone likes the latest and greatest technology, hell my own sister is still rocking out to her Treo 755
laugh.gif

I've tried to get her to upgrade but she told me that getting a new phone is like getting into a new relationship...she doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting to know another device. Go onto websites like CrackBerry.com and you'll find plenty of people who have pledged their allegiance to the BB brand. As long as you have a following like they do, RIM isn't going anywhere. Perhaps they lose some consumers who were just following a trend, but that's about it.

I'm going to try the Evo, but I'm still going to hold on to my 9700 just in case I go back to Black.

Best phone on verizon hands down is the HTC Droid Incredible.
I had no problems with my BB Tour when i had it.
What it comes down to is BBM vs Droid's Market/Apps

Compared the price of staying with Verizon, or going to T-Mobil. $130+ a month on Verizon (
sick.gif
) compared to around $99 on T-Mobil. Going to go to both stores tomorrow and take some noted/try out the phones and go through a detailed description of the plans with a consultant

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Not everyone likes the latest and greatest technology, hell my own sister is still rocking out to her Treo 755
laugh.gif

I've tried to get her to upgrade but she told me that getting a new phone is like getting into a new relationship...she doesn't want to go through the hassle of getting to know another device. Go onto websites like CrackBerry.com and you'll find plenty of people who have pledged their allegiance to the BB brand. As long as you have a following like they do, RIM isn't going anywhere. Perhaps they lose some consumers who were just following a trend, but that's about it.

I'm going to try the Evo, but I'm still going to hold on to my 9700 just in case I go back to Black.

Being loyal to a brand is just as bad as following a trend.

I'm a Hero user but I was playing around with the BB Tour and I liked it. The only thing is that BB's are meant more for messaging/texting than they are for browsing the web with because the browser was sloooow.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Originally Posted by grittyman20

laugh.gif

Being loyal to a brand is just as bad as following a trend.

But why is it "bad?" if they can justify their purchase and like what they have...well...whats the point? Do you...

im planning on getting a Bold 9700 when i get back to the states in august.
is the BB really gonna be outclassed?

i usually use a phone for talking/texting/organizing/occasional web browsing

plus i was fiddling around with the OG bold and seemed alright. 

i was playing around with the iphone as well but could never

get used to the touch screen typing. 

whats the droid and the EVO like?

Whoever said BlackBerrys are becoming obsolete don't know what they're talking about. BlackBerrys aren't going anywhere. There's a new OS coming out and they're only gonna keep releasing new devices with more updated hardware.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

8530 is for girls..get the Bold 2 if your going blackberry

The Bold 2 isn't on Verizon, though...
I misread I thought he was switching over to Tmo......yea def get the Tour

Back
Top Bottom