Thinking about getting the Nikon Coolpix P100.....thoughts?

Some floozy destroyed my girl's camera like a year ago and she has wanted one forever since then. I know she wants a crazy-nice camera, like a Canon/Nikon with the detachable lens and all that, but she had a regular digital camera before that. I can't afford the first, but we were watchin the tube then she said she liked this one and it looks pretty solid. 10.3 megapixels, 26x optical zoom, etc. Click here to check out the Camera

Anyone know about this cam? Or any that are between $200-400 that would be better? This one looks good too.

Thanks,

Renny

1433sxs.jpg

Dual LCD

Girls love taking pictures of themselves...

$210-220

What does she use it for OP? The fact that it was a superzoom im assuming didnt just take it to clubs or when she was hanging out to take pics?

Canon S90 is one of the best compact cameras out right now,
but if your willing to pay the extra money to get a DSLR
I'm recommend a Nikon D5000 or Canon T1i

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

What does she use it for OP? The fact that it was a superzoom im assuming didnt just take it to clubs or when she was hanging out to take pics?
She wants it to take really nice pictures, and the zoom would be a great feature, and 10.3 is pretty sharp isn't it? It's for pleasure definitely, not for getting super-serious with the picture taking.  It's definitely not for clubs and stuff I have a decent digital for that. I would love to get her a DSLR, but I just can't afford it, and I feel like the Nikon P100 would be a nice in-between.

Mmm. As far as >$450 compacts go..the Canon S90, G10, G11, Panasonic LX3, are the best when it comes to image quality but they cant touch the zoom of a P100. Im not well versed on superzooms but if you look around you may be able to find something better than the P100.

Back
Top Bottom