Thinking About Moving In With My GF In The Summer.... What To Expect?

spot rusherz

Banned
I'm really considering it.

Pros / Cons?

nerd.gif

Depends on what type of girl you have .

& the type of couple you guys are together .

Is she the nagging type ?

Are you the nagging type ?

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

its going to suck
Last summer I moved in with this chick only for a week. She was a sophomore at a CC around my way with her own APT, everything I thought of herchanged dramatically.

How long have y'all been together?

good move if you are REALLY serious about the girl....however, this is a big step so you need to think if this is the right move for you. There are going to bearguments....you are going to be dealing with her first-hand when she gets her period....it goes on and on....point blank, you are going to betested...don't let this become a disaster...think this one out, bro. The last thing you want is to break up, and have a lease/rent/bills hanging over yourhead due to the living arrangement.....this is a perfect chance for you to see how compatible you all really are. If this girl is "the one" for you,what better way to see how she REALLY is when you all are living together.

I'm also moving in with my gf of almost 2 years, next semester. I have one more year of school and she's staying up here with me.

Cool thing is it's a 2BR apt and she said I could make a "man-cave" outta the 2nd bedroom.

Mounting my 40 inch tv, I think I'm gonna use the xbox and have the ps3 in the living room for blu-rays since she has a nice size tv also. I'm keepin amini fridge fully stocked with beer too so when friends come over we can just chill.

PROS:
Not having to worry about where we'll stay (my place or hers)
She's a good cook
Fairly clean (although I'm real ocd when it comes to cleaning)
Still have our own space

CONS:
She nags (Not sure how much it'll happen when we live together for some reason though)

dont do it. my boy moved in with his GF for college in san diego (we from norcal)....they broke up 2 months after living together. he had to live in hisfriends' living room for 7 months (the rest of the school year).

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

good move if you are REALLY serious about the girl....however, this is a big step so you need to think if this is the right move for you. There are going to be arguments....you are going to be dealing with her first-hand when she gets her period....it goes on and on....point blank, you are going to be tested...don't let this become a disaster...think this one out, bro. The last thing you want is to break up, and have a lease/rent/bills hanging over your head due to the living arrangement.....this is a perfect chance for you to see how compatible you all really are. If this girl is "the one" for you, what better way to see how she REALLY is when you all are living together.
Word my dude... I can see this being a huge test.

We don't argue, she doesn't nag, she can cook
laugh.gif
, and everything else seems to be on point.

But like you dudes are saying... you never really know the person, until you move in with them.

You know her , you've been dating for two years .

If she the girl you think she is (which I believe she is because you've been together for 700+ days) , you should be fine .

If you don't like the things she does , talk it out & vice-versa .

Set ground rules .

Let her know the things you don't like .

It's all about communication in these situations .

If it doesn't work out , then it isn't going to work out ...
but you can't avoid these situations , they're going to happen sooner or later .

The people in this thread that are saying "don't do it" ...
you guys really have lack of social skills that you wouldn't want to live with a person you've been dating & potentially marrying ?
Try to live with them , see if it works , there is no use in covering / trying to avoid living with them .
Really now ?
smh.gif

NT never ceases to amaze me. Moving in with your girlfriend (especially if you've been together for 2 years) is not a traumatic, "nagging",life-ending experience. If you are both adults, which I presume you are, you will not have any problems.

I moved in with my gf of 2 years last summer and the experience has been great. You learn much more about your significant other, and your relationship becomesstronger in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

The people in this thread that are saying "don't do it" ...
you guys really have lack of social skills that you wouldn't want to live with a person you've been dating & potentially marrying ?
Try to live with them , see if it works , there is no use in covering / trying to avoid living with them .
Really now ?
smh.gif
That's why I like you so much (no beastin/simpin and definitely no disrespect to my dude: King NJC).

FTL...been bachelor pad living all day ever since I dipped on my last shorty. Mad arguments, bad habits, and the little things she does will annoy the hell outof you!

Back
Top Bottom