This dude Joey Crawford is out of control....SMH...dude should NOT be a ref in the playoffs...

That "T" he called last night on Dwight Howard was pure $@%**%#$.� Dwight spoke on it after the game, and here is his quote from ESPN:

"I didn't say anything to Joey Crawford," Howard said. "The response was to the other team. I didn't say anything to Joey Crawford. I'm not stupid enough to get in his face and say anything, so I try to keep it to the other team."

Link

Here you have a ref who is STILL puffing his chest out and making himself bigger than the game he is "supposedly" reffing.� If anyone saw the"T" he gave out last night, you would have seen Crawford clearly baiting D12 the whole time.� Crawford was looking for any reason to blow hiswhistle.� Now if you remember Crawford doesn't exactly have the best rep after what he did to Tim Duncan of all people...check it out:

Here are some other Crawford incidents...

Airline ticket income investigation

In 1998, Crawford was one of 8 NBA referees charged with filing false income tax returns. An Internal Revenue Service investigation was the result of cash being pocketed by referees when airline tickets provided by the league were downgraded. At the conclusion of a four year investigation, Crawford pleaded guilty on July 1, 1998[6] for falsely stating income of $82,500 from 1991 to 1993[7] and resigned from the NBA effective immediately. He would be reinstated by NBA commissioner David Stern in 1999 and did not miss a game due to a players' lockout to start the 1998-99 NBA season.[8]

2008 Playoffs and ongoing controversy with the San Antonio Spurs

In the 2008 Playoffs, Crawford was chosen to officiate Game 4 of western confernce final between the San Antonio Spurs and the Los Angeles Lakers. In the closing seconds of the game, there was a crucial no-call where the Spurs' Brent Barry was fouled by Derek Fisher. Crawford was the closest official to the call, and the NBA later apologized for the lack of a call.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Crawford

This dude should be nowhere near playoff basketball. Just like how Tim Donaghy's actions effected the outcomes of the games, Crawford's quick whistleand vendetta/grudges he holds towards certain players has the same effect on a much smaller scale. Never the less, you would expect more out of a ref....

for the conspiracy theorists out there....don't you find this a bit curious?

At the conclusion of a four year investigation, Crawford pleaded guilty on July 1, 1998[6] for falsely stating income of $82,500 from 1991 to 1993[7] and resigned from the NBA effective immediately. He would be reinstated by NBA commissioner David Stern in 1999 and did not miss a game due to a players' lockout to start the 1998-99 NBA season.

nerd.gif

He's horrible.

I have to believe that a referee never wants to give out a technical or eject a player, but Joey never walks away, seems like hes just waiting for you to messup.

He's a bum. He should've been fired a couple of seasons back, but especially last season. He's a showboating, scene stealing, arrogant SOB.Wouldn't doubt he's been on the take for many years.

Totally agree, that incident with Duncan is still one of the worst things I've ever seen from a ref. It's high time this joker is fired after thisseason. He and Steve Javie believe they are the "star attraction" rather than the actual players.

As Cake would say he comes out with his own agenda every game. Don't matter who's playing.

Can't tell him nothing

this is part of why i can't follow or take the NBA seriously... there's so much favoritism taking place, and the league not addressing it is the sameas them supporting it... ergo, the league plays favorites, so the games aren't fair.

Yea, Crawford stay on some ho !#**, but DoubleJ's, you aint gotta say nothing to the ref to deserve a tech. D12 kept talkin !#** as he was going back tohis bench, right in front of the man, he gotta know better than that. So the tech yesterday wasnt really undeserved...

but yea tho, Crawford one of them refs that think the game is about him. Dude is senile at this point. I agree with ^^^, anytime a fan knows a ref to thisextent, it could never be a good thing. Dont think I could name a ref/umpire in any other sport...

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Yea, Crawford stay on some ho !#**, but DoubleJ's, you aint gotta say nothing to the ref to deserve a tech. D12 kept talkin !#** as he was going back to his bench, right in front of the man, he gotta know better than that. So the tech yesterday wasnt really undeserved...

but yea tho, Crawford one of them refs that think the game is about him. Dude is senile at this point. I agree with ^^^, anytime a fan knows a ref to this extent, it could never be a good thing. Dont think I could name a ref/umpire in any other sport...

I think they should let players talk back and forth all long as its doesnt look like its going to get physical. They have players stop whining to the refsafter ever non-call. You should never be able to constantly whine to refs during the game but after the game you should be free to critcize.

DoubleJs SHUT UP. Let the refs do their job. If he seen it as a technical, its a tech. Face the fact..

Also, give up on Lebron going to NY. Just stop. Hes not goin to that trashy city. Get your own superstar.

NY always salty about somethin
smh.gif

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Yea, Crawford stay on some ho !#**, but DoubleJ's, you aint gotta say nothing to the ref to deserve a tech. D12 kept talkin !#** as he was going back to his bench, right in front of the man, he gotta know better than that. So the tech yesterday wasnt really undeserved...

but yea tho, Crawford one of them refs that think the game is about him. Dude is senile at this point. I agree with ^^^, anytime a fan knows a ref to this extent, it could never be a good thing. Dont think I could name a ref/umpire in any other sport...
I hear you Ez....but, don't the refs usually give you some sort of warning to shut your mouth before you get a T? I mean, it's DwightHoward...dude supposedly doesn't even curse....what's the worst he was saying? "i'm gonna be mean to you grrrrrr"

Back
Top Bottom