This is part of the REAL talent scene in Atlanta - BRANDON SADLER_calligraphy

It's something about my city, Atlanta, that BREEDS talent. The internet shows it for what it really is. It's not just a place where a bunch of country people are.

Don't be surprised if yu hear Jay-Z shouting this kid out like Picasso and Basquiat. I'm serious. I'm trying to cop some of his stuff ASAP!

Atlanta's dope.

Feel free to post some real, original talent out of your city that's not famous.

Brandon Sadler

View media item 503999
A native of Atlanta, Brandon Sadler's unique approach to illustration and calligraphy has garnered the attention of galleries and media alike culminating in an ever-growing body of work and a place in the contemporary collection of the High Museum. His solo and group exhibitions have brought him accolades as one of Atlanta's most prolific artists.

Sadler's aesthetic interests have been informed by his involvement in the American graffiti and street art sub-cultures, which formed the beginnings of his artistic process. The influences of Japanese Ukiyo-e, calligraphy, and other Asian art forms have impacted his aesthetic interests and greatly influenced his unique artistic style. This artistic inquiry has led to the creation of a body of work exhibited in galleries and the public arena, that merges East and West fluidly. Often, the resulting imagery speaks to a universal human condition through a narrative style encrypted with symbolism, text, and decorative elements. By exploring broad themes relating to current societal conditions, he exposes man's battle with himself, society, and nature. Sadler's transformation of these cultures illustrates perfectly, the universality of art and its ability to activate the individual and the community.

View media item 504000

People actually come to a show to see him write.

View media item 504001
View media item 504002
View media item 504003
View media item 504004
View media item 504005
View media item 504006
View media item 504007
View media item 504008
View media item 504009
View media item 504010
View media item 504011
View media item 504012

Last edited:
Damn.. They went out for me too. That sucks. I'll have to upload them somewhere else. My bad. Check his website though.

I'd really like to own some original work from local artists. Does this guy have a site where you can purchase anything?

good stuff 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom