This Is Why Kanye Is My Dude.

in what line does he necessarly say he is gay? i tried to understand most of it but it was really bright

Some of yall look up to this dude more than your own pops.

*and lets be real....most of you all wouldn't even gas up amber rose if she wasn't with Kanye. 

Originally Posted by Nubuckgees

in what line does he necessarly say he is gay? i tried to understand most of it but it was really bright

right there in between i drink  and while listening to music and crying

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

*and lets be real....most of you all wouldn't even gas up amber rose if she wasn't with Kanye. 

Let me address this right quick.
For the majority of us we grew up listening to Kanye we grew as a person how he grew as an artist. Many young black males relate to Kanye , because we went through similar struggles as he did having people try to destroy your dreams, Working a deadend retail job, work hard and diligently to make your dreams possible, and never stop believing that you can finally live out your dream . Since our society is based on conformity and in the black community having wild dreams is considered a waste of time and inconvenient towards getting ahead . He showed that you can follow those wild dreams without listening to the naysayers.

I can't say you lying here, but each pic of her I see she's starting to look better and better to me.  Besides, Kanye must also know a good thing when you catch in a picture clutching her best assets.  Shoot, forget it, I'll be straight: At this very moment, she's one of the hottest in the game.  Yes, I said it.

And from what I gathered from reading between the lines, the dude uses music as his release therapy.  If he would have put all the emotion that he put into this anecdote into a song, we probably wouldn't be saying "Kanye's gay" so much as "Kanye's seriously depressed."

Edit: Well said, Thorrock.  Outside of my mother and father (and brother after them), few people in my life have influenced me and been role models in my life.  I can only speak for myself.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by FedExciter

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

a true block of text like the %!%$**! bible that I just refuse to read and I love Kanye.

Cliffnotes?

cliffnotes
-when kanye first come on the scene both set of his grandparents and both parents were alive
-now its just his dad and grandfather
-he listens to music while drinking and crying
-he's gay
-he is hurt by the death of alexander mcqueen
-he now feels the need to be creative aka make 808's 2
erkg91.jpg
why he suck the white man D then show up at an award show with henny and grabbin dis glorified hoodrats booty just to throw it all away and ruin dat lil *$% night on stage is beyond me

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

For the majority of us we grew up listening to Kanye we grew as a person how he grew as an artist. Many young black males relate to Kanye , because we went through similar struggles as he did having people try to destroy your dreams, Working a deadend retail job, work hard and diligently to make your dreams possible, and never stop believing that you can finally live out your dream . Since our society is based on conformity and in the black community having wild dreams is considered a waste of time and inconvenient towards getting ahead . He showed that you can follow those wild dreams without listening to the naysayers.

grew up listening to kanye? what are you 9 years old? 

my math might be a couple years off but kanye has only been rapping since about 04-05

how you grew up listening to somebody who only been around for the last 5-6 years is beyond me

I was in the 6th grade when college dropout first dropped so yeah I have been listening to kanye during my tween to teenage years. It shouldn't be beyond you to comprehend that after this post .

my math might be a couple years off but kanye has only been rapping since about 04-05

how you grew up listening to somebody who only been around for the last 5-6 years is beyond me

He has been rapping since 01 I believe, but that's besides the point.
Cuz says he grew up listening and you gonna doubt him? I was in Middle School when I first heard "home" 
tired.gif

I imagine dude meant growing up as terms of coming of age, like adolescence.  I know I was a sophomore in high school when College Dropout came out, and it was a reflection of how I felt at the time.  I was more into Polo's fitted clothing than most of my peers and was more of an academic kid than anything.  By the time Late Registration came out, I was in a different place mentally and just imagining what life would be like once I graduated HS.

Now at 22, I've seen the good and bad sides of life, so it's like for almost every song on his albums, I can connect them to a particular moment or time of my life.  Again, that's just how I feel.

And word, that whole Kanye spiel would make a great desktop.  Can't wait to see what music he comes out with next.
pimp.gif

To each his own, but I'm failing to see how Kanye is such a trend-setter due to living out his wildest dreams. Before him, Andre 3000 was doing his thing in turbans and wigs....Common was experimenting w. Electric Circus...Big Daddy Kane w. his swag...etc etc....as far as living out his dreams, EVERY hip-hop artist will say that they are due to the position that they are in. You have reformed dealers, dudes that have been left for dead, and many others who have overcome struggles to make something of their lives. Putting Kanye in a different light is due to you seeing what you want to see. It's not wrong or right...that is why I said to each his own.

As far as Amber Rose. She's got a banging body and has a unique look due to her ceasar. Give her hair, and she'd be nothing more than a random stripper you'd see at Gallagher's 2000.

man.

preach, 'Ye, preach.

+*#! like this is why 'Ye gets so much hate and Jay is loved...'Ye speaks his mind while Hov "plays a part"...

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Cuz says he grew up listening and you gonna doubt him? I was in Middle School when I first heard "home" 
tired.gif

Thank you I was in the 7th grade when my brother bought late registration that was the first album I heard that I called a classic on my first listening of it .
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

a true block of text like the %!%$**! bible that I just refuse to read and I love Kanye.

Cliffnotes?

cliffnotes
-when kanye first come on the scene both set of his grandparents and both parents were alive
-now its just his dad and grandfather
-he listens to music while drinking and crying
-he's gay
-he is hurt by the death of alexander mcqueen
-he now feels the need to be creative aka make 808's 2
FEEEEELINGSSS
urkeljp.297162641_std.jpg

To each his own, but I'm failing to see how Kanye is such a trend-setter due to living out his wildest dreams. Before him, Andre 3000 was doing his thing in turbans and wigs....Big Daddy Kane w. his swag...etc etc....as far as living out his dreams, EVERY hip-hop artist will say that they are due to the position that they are in. You have reformed dealers, dudes that have been left for dead, and many others who have overcome struggles to make something of their lives. Putting Kanye in a different light is due to you seeing what you want to see. It's not wrong or right...that is why I said to each his own.

As far as Amber Rose. She's got a banging body and has a unique look due to her ceasar. Give her hair, and she'd be nothing more than a random stripper you'd see at Gallagher's 2000.
 We are from different generations apparently.  I can respect that Its not about swagger, or clothes about what he said and the message that he had for many of us that was something we could identify and he had similar beliefs as we did .

Originally Posted by kix4kix

tired.gif

definetly wasnt 01 because thats when bp1 came out, just googled it and through the wire came out in 04

and i wasnt questioning him listening to kanye, usually when someone says they grew up listening to something it means they starting off as a child and by the way he was talking it didnt seem like he has been a child in the last 4-5 years

i've followed kanye thru his whole career, from the first time i heard this cant be life and wondered who produced it up until he started putting out that emo bs

i cant tolerate his music any more and i havent heard a nice beat from him in a minute...of course u guys are gonna tell me how epic 808's was and how he still be producing funky fresh tracks
but i just dont see it [your savior shrug]

Originally Posted by Nubuckgees

right there in between i drink  and while listening to music and crying

pam.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
this guy's got me dying

Back
Top Bottom