This man WILL be a top-10 rusher all-time in the NFL....

jamal.jpg

Very VERY consistent in his NFL career...he is currently sitting at #24 on the all-time rushing list with 10,107 yards (29 years old)...this dude is/was anabsolute physical freak. How many guys can you think of that are 5'11" 250 pounds and ran a 4.3 40? He's got a 2,000 yard season, a SB ring, andSHOULD be around 70-80 TD's when it's all said and done...not too shabby. I dunno about him in the HOF, but he will get some consideration IMO....

Originally Posted by TrillipinoTrapstar

49915872f1db46a7e1a6bf1a53e1357506f8c7f.gif
49915872f1db46a7e1a6bf1a53e1357506f8c7f.gif

Top 20...likely...but top 10...nahh...

since you like rolling stonefaces, here's the list, bamma...

[table][tr][td]Rushing Leaders[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RK[/td] [td]PLAYER[/td] [td]YDS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Emmitt Smith[/td] [td]18,355[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Walter Payton[/td] [td]16,726[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Barry Sanders[/td] [td]15,269[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Curtis Martin[/td] [td]14,101[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Jerome Bettis[/td] [td]13,662[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]Eric Dickerson[/td] [td]13,259[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Tony Dorsett[/td] [td]12,739[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]Jim Brown[/td] [td]12,312[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Marshall Faulk[/td] [td]12,279[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Marcus Allen[/td] [td]12,243[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]EDGERRIN JAMES[/td] [td]12,121[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Franco Harris[/td] [td]12,120[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]Thurman Thomas[/td] [td]12,074[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]LADAINIAN TOMLINSON[/td] [td]11,760[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]John Riggins[/td] [td]11,352[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]FRED TAYLOR[/td] [td]11,271[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Corey Dillon[/td] [td]11,241[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18[/td] [td]O.J. Simpson[/td] [td]11,236[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19[/td] [td]WARRICK DUNN[/td] [td]10,967[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Ricky Watters[/td] [td]10,643[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Tiki Barber[/td] [td]10,449[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]Eddie George[/td] [td]10,441[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23[/td] [td]Ottis Anderson[/td] [td]10,273[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24[/td] [td]JAMAL LEWIS[/td] [td]10,107[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]Joe Perry[/td] [td]9,723[/td] [/tr][/table]

Link

he's good if he rushes for another 2200 yards over the course of the next 3-4 years...

Off topic..but Curtis Martin is the quietest top rusher in NFL history

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

he's good if he rushes for another 2200 yards over the course of the next 3-4 years...

3 years is a stretch, sorry.

I don't think so....you got dudes like old $$! Antowain Smith finding work (and rushing for 500+) at the age of 33...He may not get it w. the Browns, buthe'll get it....Trust that...

It's amazing how he is 29 and almost at the end of his road.

RBs take the most punishment of any athlete in the world of sports.

"to each his own"??? what the hell are you talking about?

i think some of y'all think DJ's is saying he's a top 10 running back of all-time.

2200 yards to crack the top ten...do-able.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

i think some of y'all think DJ's is saying he's a top 10 running back of all-time.
I was thinking the same thing...

Barring any future injuries, Lewis should crack that top 10 list.

Top 10 RB's EVER? That's a waaaay different story.

You act like its a farfetched statement.

exactly, it's clearly not farfetched.

like DJ said, he only needs about 2200 yards unless other active players bump him from the list. even in the twilight of his career, 2200 is definitelyattainable if he can play for 3-4 more years.

all-time rushing doesn't really mean anything though, because a lot of great backs had shortened careers.

thank you.

He only needs 2,200 yards to crack the Top 10? Yeah he should be able to do that.

*retracts previous reply*

yeah it's possible. Carry on then.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

You act like its a farfetched statement.

all-time rushing doesn't really mean anything though, because a lot of great backs had shortened careers.

Well, it does mean something, you can't take away the fact that someone is consistent over a long period of time. At the same time it doesn't meaneverything because then Emmitt would be the best RB of all time and I as a Cowboy fan know that that's just not true.

yall act like dude didnt almost break the rushing record one season...he'll crack top 10 barring any career ending injuries in the next 3 years

He's on the fringe doing it. But, as with many other running backs there are a lot of factors at play in whether he can achieve the top 10. He needs to beon a team with a good O-line, and his carries will have to be limited compared to most running backs. ANd probably the most important aspect is that of hishealth. If he stays healthy and his legs don't lose their value then it will be very close.

Off topic:Bottom Line... If Curtis Martin didnt get DRIVEN into the ground by the Jets to hide the lack of a passing game that they had at the time, he wouldhave without question been #1 on the all time rushing list because he would STILL be playing. Not to mention if the Jets new O-line helped Jones have his beststatistical year of his career at age 30, Imagine what Curtis Martin, a more agile, smarter, and talented back would do. EASILY would of had over 1,600, andwould have led the NFL.

On topic: Lewis is a solid back, but he is injury prone in some peoples eyes. I doubt hes Hall of Fame or top 10 rusher material, especially considering thebrowns suck. But I wouldn't have a problem signing him if I needed a back. Generally big backs like him dont last long because people leg hunt, and tacklelow.. I mean you are nuts if your going to go helmet to helmet with a 250lb Linebacker in a halfbacks body with a 4.3 fourty time. If Brandon Jacobs lastslonger then 6-7 years ill be shocked because of his physical size.

Back
Top Bottom