This story is crazy! A man was found dead on a beach in 1948; his identity is still a mystery.

Wow that was an awesome story...i actually read all of it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Lot's of weird, unanswered questions though.

Like Max said, why was the book in the back of the mens car?
What does the code say?
What's the significance of the orange thread?
7th Rubaiyat and only 5 copies were released?
Why did the unknown man wear high heels?
Why did Jestyn almost faint when shown the picture of the man, what was the connection there?

So far, it seems like the most logical thing was he was poisoned through the tobacco in his cigarettes like stated.

Damn
laugh.gif

I've read about this before, and I assume it was a result of Cold War espionage.
It was a crazy time back then.

that was nuts...awesome story OP, thanks
pimp.gif
. That nurse knew something... I can see Dicaprio starring in this if it makes it to Hollywood.  

As crazy as this story sounds, I bet they're a bunch of intelligence officers in the know laughing at the attention this story gets.
Imagine if it was a just a bunch of spies trolling on some, "Hey, you know that dude we have to take care of, what if...", shenanigans ensue.

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

pimp.gif
. That nurse knew something... I can see Dicaprio starring in this if it makes it to Hollywood.  

As who? A dead guy or a detective?This was most def a good read.

Probably a spy or con man something like that with no family etc. Probably was tied to some underground organization like the mafia, maybe he F'd up and had to kill himself. 
He was probably a real smart guy, kept his identity hidden all the time.

didn't get to read the story yet cause I'm in a hurry. pardon my ignorance, but what's so fascinating about this story? I thought murders/deaths go unsolved all the time?

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

pimp.gif

As who? A dead guy or a detective? This was most def a good read.
I was thinking about that...obvious choice would be a detective. They could come up with some sort of story for the "unknown man" and run with it from that angle but that would take the mystery out of it. If they did choose to give the unknown a story they could have two stories ("unkown man" going through whatever leads up to his death and the detective trying to solve the case) working out side by side throughout the film....
grin.gif

wiki 2011 story update.... "the code was considered unbreakable until the day the story was posted on a sneaker forum, NIKETALK."

LETS DO IT YALL. We can be famous.

A movie would be doper if you had DiCaprio play the dead guy, and ever possible death scenario was a look back into how it played out.
With the final being the best/coolest one suggesting he's a spy. The final could take up an hr while the others were like 5-10 mins.
^ yall don't bite my *$**.

I read parts of it, now I'm all intrigue and will be reading the whole damn thing. Thanks OP. Crazy story indeed.

Back
Top Bottom