This vid might change your mind about eating at Golden Corral....

Isnt Golden Corrall for old people anyway? I've never stepped foot in there based off that. Its like Sizzler

old people go there in the morning. the one by me is by an army base, and i always see military busses outside, long lines.

fat people and mexican people eat there too.

i used to work at a theatre in the same shopping center as gc.

Last edited:

The working conditions inside of a golden corral is even worse. 
sick.gif

:x :x :x

WOW! Sucks to be an employee and have to close at that place.

I don't think his safety is in jeopardy, but he is brave for doing this. I hope the poeple in charge make some changes in management and put him at the top of the list. Going out to eat is such a gamble, doesn't matter where you eat, it all depends on the person(s) handling your food.
doesnt matter. he posted this on reddit. if he gets fired, im willing to bet one of those guys will hook him up with a new job. ive seen it happen there

I'll continue not eating at buffets

Yep.

Always thought the "buffet" concept was nasty in general. People breathing over your **** in a lunch line picking all over it.

This just confirms that its nastier than I even though.

So why don't restaurant inspectors check the dumpsters??? I thought they checked all aspects of a restaurant. Maybe the inspectors we're doing their job correctly either.

I used to eat at buffet places like that growing up all the time. Haven't been in 10+ years a lot of them closed down and reopened under a different name by then I had no interest.

OMG people eat at restaurants? OMG who does that? I'm a cool Niketalker who does not do anything the man does, I own different, I am unique, I am.....so lonely
embarassed.gif

Basically. This alone makes them undesirable for me.

I'll do buffets in Vegas/AC....or eat at a good Indian buffet. That's about it for me.

There are some really well run ones out there. Obviously, GC is bottom of the barrel - but you can order food that isn't taken care of properly anywhere.

:x I HATED when they would take us to Golden Corral or CiCi's on field trips :smh: went straight through me in 2 hours.

staying at home and cooking >>>>

starving >>>>
Had Cactus Willies one time after a field trip and threw up after I ate there :x

Like all business, not all establishments are created equal.

With that said, there's nothing wrong with going to a buffer and its quite unfortunate GC's image is going to suffer quite a bit given the distribution of this improper restaurant business practice.

If I spilled the beans on all the things, I've seen within this industry and others you wouldn't want to patronize plenty for ish (that includes some of the familiar brands you know and love).

Ignorance is bliss, in a mass materialistic and consumerist's society like the United States. Sometimes I wish we were more like other companies, when following standard business policies (eg: Japan).

The price of freedom, I guess that's the trade off. *kanye shrug*

If I spilled the beans on all the things, I've seen within this industry and others you wouldn't want to patronize plenty for ish (that includes some of the familiar brands you know and love).
Don't pull this ish you got to tell us now

Golden Corral isn't 5 star dining but for large families it's an affordable way to feed 4-6 people . . .

when i did go there i would never get ribs or wings or burgers or anything "different" lol. i'd stick to the chicken and rolls . . . and mac and cheese . . . i wouldn't trust anything else . . . buffets in general are usually trash, you get what you get lol but that's the only way a lot of people can feed their families if they got a few kids

So what 5 star restaurants do y'all eat at daily huh? Nothing is good enough for some of y'all or you're just lying to sound super cool for a bunch of dudes?
Look man, the standard of living everywhere in the country is not equal. The food standard here in the Bay Area is straight up higher than Golden Corral. 

I've never even seen one in CA, you'd probably have to go out to the central valley or something just to find it if there is one. 

I guess ignorance is bliss but you should come out to CA and bless your pallet  one time. 

Last edited:
why does nobody know to hold their phone horizontally when making videos
The better question is ... Why is there even a feature that allows a narrow video like that. It should be full screen no matter how you hold your phone. It is on my Blackberry ... it is on a video camera. 

Such a massive fail to even have a feature like that. 

The better question is ... Why is there even a feature that allows a narrow video like that. It should be full screen no matter how you hold your phone. It is on my Blackberry ... it is on a video camera. 

Such a massive fail to even have a feature like that. 
yes, especially when you have it in portrait mode and then you forgot so you move your phone to landscape mode, then now youre stuck with a eff up video

Back
Top Bottom