Those Bumbershoot folks are sneaky bastards

Putting Kanye and Tribe on different nights (the last two). I was just looking at the schedule and it had never quite registered how they set up the whole weekend. I know they cut a day because of money but they're milking each day for all they can. Lord knows Tribe isn't at a point in their careers where they could headline but Bumbershoot seems to have let them anyway. I think this is the first time I'm going everyday in about six years. I'm seeing all evening headline acts because no way am I passing up AFI live...so this brings me to my question: what things do you plan on seeing? For me:

Kanye (+ openers)
Tribe (+openers)
AFI (contemplating Yellowcard and HH)
Steve Miller
Trapped in the Closet and Best Week Ever Live on the comedy stage

Also post suggestions for people in case there's some bands or performers you know about that others may not.

on the first day of bumbershoot, i dont think imma go since i dont know any of the preformers, but i heard of them
on the second day, im volunteering from 10:20-3:30. so after my shift is done, i plan to stay there until blue scholars and kanye.
on the last day, i cant make it even though i have a free pass for volunteering.

Anyone go see ATCQ last night? Good show, wack crowd...at least where I was.
Kids knowing the words to Vivrant Thing but none of the classics. :smh:
nono.gif

i volunteered on sunday, handing out mainstage passes for kanye and blue scholars. i should of jacked a stack of those passes and sold them...i gave a mainstage pass to a dude with opiums and said wsup to him. i was wondering if he was a nt'er

hey ben i think i saw you, were u rockin the white 3's?

anyways, yeah tribe was dope, and i feel you when the only song people knew was vivrant thing :smh:
nono.gif
i was like do people even know who they are? beiseds me and my friends i think we were only ones that knew all the songs. the funniest moment was when tip asked the crowd if he they knew who they were, and called the crowd out when he said the crowd was lying :lol:
laugh.gif
those 16 and under year olds prolly have no idea that they saw one of the dopest groups in hip hop.
God Bless Your Soul, Rest In Peace Joselito Barber.

damn i was super pissed i missed atcq and atmosphere. i had footballll which sucked cus it was a no hit day anyways. and my group of friends knows a lot about atcq, in fact we were bumping it on the way to lunch last week. must of been the emo kids at bmumbershoot.

I ended up only going Saturday. I hit up the comedy stage a couple times (Arj Barker, Paul Tompkins and Best Week Ever Live!). I was close to crying during some of that stuff it was so funny. Then I saw AFI to close out the day. From what it sounds like about Tribe, ir seems like a similar crowd to Mos Def back at the first Hip-Hop 101 in 2001 when he rocked the stage and everybody thought it was wack because of Black Jack Johnson.

I volunteered sat-mon, went to all the concerts.

I was in right up by the right side of the stage of the Atmosphere/TRIBE show, Tribe killed it, jumping up for world tour at the end was fun as hell.

and smh at kanye rhyming charles barkley with gnarls barkley.
'nuff said.

Quote:
hey ben i think i saw you, were u rockin the white 3's?

yeah, you should've said what's up. But the crowd was definitely young...even saw a few baby strollers around--no joke!

ben i was on top in the beer garden by the shop booths, didnt wanna yell your name and be like who the hell is that guy and why is he yelling my name like he knows me :lol:
laugh.gif

God Bless Your Soul, Rest In Peace Joselito Barber.

Quote:
jumping up for world tour at the end was fun as hell

At first I didn't get what you meant but the song is called Award Tour & yes screaming out SEAAAATLLLLLLLLE and jumping around like a mad man was fun as hell!

I was fortunate enough to run into bigben twice! 1st time, I caught him @ the b-boy circle reminiscing of kickworms, crabwalks, and handglides. 8)
glasses.gif

[/b]​

Quote:
jumping up for at the end was fun as hell
:lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
I caught him @ the b-boy circle reminiscing of kickworms, crabwalks, and handglides.

I was about to jump in and do a suicide in the middle of that circle....then I realized that I probably wouldn't be able to get up after!

aye mwebsteristhetruth i know what yah mean im soo heated i didnt know that atcq was gunna be there......i missed last years too with nas and public enemy

I left my wallet...

...in El Segundo.

I was waiting for ATCQ to play that joint.

Quote:
jumping around like a mad man was fun as hell!

With you it was more like reelin' the fish in, the q-tips and ears twist, and the swim; like a mad man. OK maybe it was just me...

ATMOS was OK. I was kinda hoping for more of the old stuff like "Don't Ever #$%#@&' Question That".

But other than that, chillin' with cool dudes like shugaray, eating and drinking brew, and dancing like an idiot was a hell of a good day in my book.
D
Representing the North Seattle area

Back
Top Bottom