Thoughts on a topic - lets talk about it. RESALE

I feel like asking a resale shop what factors go into their resale prices.

I support one I work real close to here in Houston, just more so, how’s does it work? Maybe I can get a idea and not come as rude.

Stockx generally sets the price. Most shops get by on high volume. .. If you're not buying, you're dying.

There just needs to be some oversight on this ****... There are NO consumer protections on resale, and it's one of the only things that doesn't fall under any sort of oversight. Right now more often than not we are getting fleeced.

That fact there are resellers then turns every ******* with a cell phone of their "buyers" cause said ******* can make a couple bucks. I think if there are to be resellers, they should NOT be allowed to exceed Manufacture Suggested Retail. That would probably fix the problem. That would be an easy federal law that could be passed, and super easy to enforce. It would take out all the big one immediately and then it would roll down through the levels of resellers from there. Sure, it would still happen on a much smaller scale but, would address the bulk of the issue.

Not only would that fix the shoe issue but, ALL the things there have been a middle man forced on us. NO more $1,000 Ps5's, Video Cards, etc etc.

That's an incredibly bad take. Blaming individuals/smaller companies instead of billions dollar multinational corporations.
They're either producing less shoes than before or purposely not making more to meet the increased demand.

So many businesses have be created just based on Nike's decisions. From not putting Nike Air on the tongue so people started selling the tags to Stockx while all the mom & pop stores online and brick & mortar have disappeared.

I saw an Instagram ad for shoe subscription/rental. $59 for the first month $79 per month after that. I've seen one for electronics too.

While I was on the side of Nike not making enough shoes....they've pumped out the Black/white dunks at ridiculous numbers and they still sell out each time.

There was some law called the Grinch law, that was aimed at resellers using bots. Dunno what happened to it.

At this point, companies and resellers are both to blame. One produces a finite amount and the reseller takes advantage of it.

You know it's ridiculous when a Nike ID dunk sells out today when it used to sit 5-10 years ago. Then you see some whack custom made resold Nike dunks on Ebay.

While I was on the side of Nike not making enough shoes....they've pumped out the Black/white dunks at ridiculous numbers and they still sell out each time.

I'm not sure how one anecdotal example would sway your opinion. If anything it proves releasing more pairs won't hurt demand.

At this point, companies and resellers are both to blame. One produces a finite amount and the reseller takes advantage of it.

You know it's ridiculous when a Nike ID dunk sells out today when it used to sit 5-10 years ago. Then you see some whack custom made resold Nike dunks on Ebay.

If the shoes are made to order...how is it possible to sell out? "Let's stop printing money"

Resellers are the only reason I was able to get my hands HOH exclusive shoes or Foams back in the day. They've always existed. Buying out whole stores and flipped them 50-100 over retail.

I preordered 2009 Foams for $160 plus shipping from ShoeTrends.com.

If the shoes are made to order...how is it possible to sell out? "Let's stop printing money"

Resellers are the only reason I was able to get my hands HOH exclusive shoes or Foams back in the day. They've always existed. Buying out whole stores and flipped them 50-100 over retail.

I preordered 2009 Foams for $160 plus shipping from ShoeTrends.com.
That's the question to ask Nike. Cause a Nike dunk ID product unavailable? At one point the af1 was sold out temporarily :smh:. Supply chain issues maybe.

Resellers, I admit, are good for securing some really exclusive hyperstrikes/P.Es/Celeb/ type of stuff. So the price will be demanding.

Resellers were necessary for exclusives but useful for GRs too. You could cop shoes like a month early for retail or below....no tax and free shipping.

I don't need to ask because I know. "Selling out" creates more demand. I think it's safe to say id's sold out before 2020.

Even Pacsun flips shoes.... https://www.pacsun.com/ps-reserve/ That's resellers fault too?

Yeah since 2011/2012 I noticed the rise in resale trend.

And the local Modells, Jimmy Jazzes, V.I.M type of stores would have had some products sitting back in the day. 2001 NYC.

you can't force companies to make more shoes. and most of the hype is created by resellers... again, get rid of them, ALLLLL problems fixed.

You can't make up consumer protections on luxury items or "fix prices"

Hype is created by scarcity. Perceived or otherwise

Problems don't start at the bottom. From gas prices, housing, cars to video games and shoes.

Truth be told the only time i have a real issue with resale is if its done to things people actually need to survive. But truth is 95% of the complaints about reselling comes in response to material items that are already overpriced.

Honestly the reselling has just made me more particular about what I buy.

Truth be told half of the stuff I like doesn’t resell for anything too crazy.

Yeah that sanitizer and lysol flipping was sad. Don't forget Popeyes sandwich 🤦🏽‍♂️ :lol:. Examples of resellers trying to get a buck in these times. Those items would sit in a non pandemic situation in certain places. But guess who took advantage.

People were reselling things like toiletry items, laundry detergent and toilet paper long before 2020. Couponers make a killing doing it. (Shoplifters too)

Most didn't care or notice until they couldn't get what they want/need or the news covered.

That's the point. Nobody says anything about reselling until they can't get what they want or need, every time they try.

It's like 8/10 people are flipping these days, it's become increasingly difficult to get certain grs.

10-20 years ago, resellers were a niche, just like the culture. Product was available if you could find it online or offline. Thats why so much info and links used to be posted here, there used to be more members helping. And the resale profit on grs was like $40-60, depending on size more or less. Few Retail pairs would still be available to buy.

Instore, you could chat with managers or somebody would hold you down for a few bucks or something. Overall it wasn't as much as a process that it is today.

Now info and stock are widely spread out. Sometimes people even pay for that. It's a pretty annoying situation now.

you can't force companies to make more shoes. and most of the hype is created by resellers... again, get rid of them, ALLLLL problems fixed.
Don’t buy their product. Psychology of reselling is more than just making a buck. It’s a culture and corporations are the puppet master

I don’t mind reselling at all because I’m a hustler. I’m also a sneaker enthusiast from the golden era who has to deal with reseller bs. I don’t know man get it how u live I guess .
there is some irony tho these days. Trapping for shoes is how it all started now were trapping to get the shoes from people trapping shoes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t know if my anger will ever die from this last Barkley release. I’m hurt.m F THOSE resellers lol

Back
Top Bottom