Thoughts on Acer Computers/laptops?

EddieWinslow1983

formerly piczon1983
do they make good products? For those who own them, your thoughts? Thanks
happy.gif

I have an Acer desktop and I have never had an issue with it. 21 inch LCD monitor has held up for the past 4 years.

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

What do you plan on generally using it for(casual, gaming etc)

Im looking at a 10 inch netbook. Just for casual stuff, surfing/emailing. I asked on the netbook thread but it dissappeared

I'm not thaat knowledge about them, but from what I hear they aren't the best. However, they are probably the cheapest, so you are really getting whatyou pay for. If you are only going to be surfing the net, then I see no problems you should encounter with one of these.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

What do you plan on generally using it for(casual, gaming etc)

Im looking at a 10 inch netbook. Just for casual stuff, surfing/emailing. I asked on the netbook thread but it dissappeared
http://us.acer.com/acer-v...59084358#wrAjaxHistory=0

Like that?

Like this
http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?ed...ase-_-Systems&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=44568360

My bad queen, i meant D250. Not DW 250

My buddy owns one. It's hard to get used to typing on it cause its so small but for basic surfing and social networking I think its pretty nice. Costco andSam's Club sell them for pretty cheap. Cop it there if you have a membership.

I have an Acer netbook. Love it. No probs but I don't use it too much or anything so who knows.

I have an Acer laptop...... it was super cheap but it kinda sucks.
like someone else mentioned above, you get what you pay for.

i just saw this picture and it really fits the thread... this will be you OP :

1778456.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i was thinking of getting a netbook, just going to use it to surf the internet
is the audio that bad on a netbook?

got a apple laptop and all it does is collect dust, since i use my pc at home

I had a really bad experience about 3 years ago with an Acer laptop - had it repaired 5 times under warranty and then they wanted to charge me a bunch of moneyto fix the same problem when it was just out of warranty. Hardly had the thing working for the 18 months or so I had it. Bought a Dell and haven't had aproblem since.

I have one of those Netbooks - it's great for travelling and doing work here and there but I wouldn't want to use it all the time.

If I was buying another one I would either get the Dell or the Samsung. From what I've heard they have much better battery life and they just look moresolid. Mine is fine but the battery only last about 90 mins and it feels plasticky - I've had it for 9 months now and it's fine but it just doesn'tfeel solid.

You pay for what you get. My sister in law got one and it looks cool but lacks so much. Audio sucked, processor is slow and the only thing that was cool wasthe hardrive space. Get a Macbook!

Back
Top Bottom