Thoughts on Muay Thai and BJJ?

I was just wondering what people thought of those two forms of martial arts. There's a place about 15 minutes away from my house thats pretty reputable and it'd be $150 a month for both and I can go as frequently as I want. Thoughts? Experiences?

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND
PSN ID: MoMoney848

Go for it...pretty much 2 of the most effective forms of martial arts...nothing to lose here

That really had me laughing for a good minute. Bet you couldn't see me with ole dude from Street Fighter though... what was his name? You know who I'm talking about.

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Sagat.

I think Imma try Muay Thai. Be an effective way to get back in shape, and I'm digging what I see from it in the fight game.
Got a white girl here and a need a favor.............

..........got my number 8 jersey on so I need to........​

Quote:
I was just wondering what people thought of those two forms of martial arts. There's a place about 15 minutes away from my house thats pretty reputable and it'd be $150 a month for both and I can go as frequently as I want. Thoughts? Experiences?
ing eariler. I had no experience of any kind, but being that I'm athletic and well conditioned, it didn't take long to adapt to it all and become comfortable in all aspects of the game.

I would HIGHLY recommend it, whether you plan on actually competing or not. It's something that takes a lot of dedication and motivation, so you gotta decide for yourself whether or not it's something you're gonna have the time for.

Hope that helps you out in some way!
WOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!!

Muay Thai will kick your @#%$. weather u in shape or not.
Put 'em in a grave with an empty 40 ounce bottle and don't leave a drip​

That stuff is serious buisness.

Chuck Finster??? Is this Roger Klotz?? :nerd:
nerd.gif
Team New York
4L8O15S16T23!42
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S​

Well I'm 20 years old. 185 pounds, 6'2''. I know my legs are gonna get eaten up but I've been thinking about this for about a year now. I did Tae Kwon Do when I was like 8 but that's COMPLETELY different.

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Muai thai = really fun and a great workout
Jui Jitsu = really really fun and even better of a work out....
150 does seem high.. but normally gyms will run you 50-75 but have a limit on what days u can go , and how often etc.... but make sure the gym your going to is a good gym.. not in just having good fighters, but some gyms (one here around my way) have a bad rep of taking new comers to the sport and treating them like they are just sparing partners... would suck to pay money each month to get the crap kicked out of u...but try it out.. I am really thinkning about doing it more often .. its such a GREAT workout, and its a challenge, plus its stinkin fun..!
~~~Team Born-Again~~~

"By His Stripes"

I'm going to check out Big John Mcarthy's gym today. It's a little steep at $165/month with a 1 year contract but it looks like a sick facility with a good roster of instructors and a full schedule of classes - plus they're open til 10p which works out great for my schedule.

By comparison, Legends (Bas and Couture's gym) in Hollywood charges $250/month and it doesn't look like they offer the same amount of classes.

Team Philippines​
In Pacquiao We Trust​

That's a pretty good deal. I was looking online for MMA training centers, and all of them charge a grip.

im a competitor myself (although i just had shoulder surgeru today, so im out for a few months) but MMA is one of the best things to ever happen to me. i think about it every waking moment haha.
-Club

Yeah, I'd do BJJ twice a week and MT once a week so I could still go to the gym once or twice a week.

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

BJJ since 04. Watching it then trying it will blow your mind. Knee on belly doesn't look like @#%$ on tv but when someone gets you in side control then throws a knee into your stomach, you'll be like @#%$.
10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
Over hook triangle from mission control

Back
Top Bottom