Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

Sherman unprovoked? He was running his mouth the entire game as well as after the game and got rightfully clocked.
rightfully???  You clearly see him saying good game and shaking hands after the game.  They had a full bit of him and RG3 just talking and chilling.  Williams was just salty his team took the L.  This is professional football, there will always be trash talking, but thats the difference in the pros, after the games done there aren't any hard feelings.  Unless it goes beyond a point where boundaries are crossed.  No other skins player had any ill will and you clearly see that Williams, not Sherman was the aggressor. 

I'm a 49er fan but Sherman is the type of dude you'd love if he plays for your team. If you can run your mouth and back it up its fine by me.

You come out at me after my team just had its season ended and I'm going to hit you in the mouth too.

He warned Sherman, Sherman kept yapping and ate that jab.

Sherman kept yapping after the game was over. Pretty much called Trent on his bluff, and got snuffed.

The **** does Sherman getting punched in the face after talking **** all game have to do with this case? Other than the fact that they both went to the same school. Hell that actually hurts your point...it shows that Stanford isn't just a bunch of non-confrontational softies. Sherman smiled in his face and said "what you gonna do boy" and after Trent said "I'm gonna punch you in your face" Sherman said "do it then"

Report: Incognito Held O-Line Meetings At Strip Club

DAVIE (CBSMiami) – Suspended Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito reportedly held offensive line meetings at a South Florida strip club and would fine any lineman who didn’t show up, according to a report from National Football Post.

The NFP report said two sources confirmed the report and that Incognito would go “so far as to ‘fine’ teammates in an erstwhile kangaroo court if they did not show up.”

“He (Richie) doesn’t get that some guys aren’t into that behavior,” a source told the NFP. “Some guys don’t want to constantly explain to their wife or girlfriend why they have to go to a strip club.”

The report is the latest in a string of reports that have cast a dark cloud over Incognito who appeared to have turned over a new leaf in Miami after years of trouble in St. Louis and in collegeat Nebraska.

Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin has accused Incognito of harassment and has detailed some of the evidence to the team, the NFL, and the NFL Player’s Association.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/11/08/report-incognito-held-o-line-meetings-at-strip-club/

Last edited:
Whoa...Desmond Howard really went there! Good for him. Take out your own personal feelings about Martin...the fact that there are men of color in that locker room who are standing up for this racist, Incognito, is terrible. :smh:

Wow, football players love strip clubs....it's just getting out of hand.

But how does a suspended player 'fine' anybody?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had this thought (prior to the new "molestation charges, by the way).

I keep seeing them say "beyond traditional hazing" thrown in every article. And while according to what I know so far I believe Martin could have handled this himself, I don't believe he should be "expected" to (we're not all wired the same) and I'm really curious to see this statement.

Imagine if he accuses Incognito of some "prison like" bullying. Now, I have no basis for that suspicion other than the remarks from former players how they knew there were homosexual players in the locker rooms their entire careers, combined with the fact that the sad state of the male sex in America today doesn't have me questioning anything.

I grew up playing sports with white boys my entire life. They play some messed up games to guys like that, even at the high school level. Two guys from my high school's football were ridiculed pretty intensely as sophomores. Stuff that would make the Huffington Post and what not.

That would rock the NFL, big time. Kinda thinking they'd never let it get out.

seems like quite a few Dolphins were involved...

could explain why these dudes are backing Incognito.

Back
Top Bottom