Thoughts on the Johnathon Martin - Ritchie Incognito situation?

I'm happy Martin is doing things this way. Let it all air out. It's obvious the Miami locker room is jaded. Can not believe some of incognito's teammates are even backing him up. Just shows the level of character on that team. No matter how cool you are with someone, when does someone step up and tell them, "yo enough is enough leave him alone." Not one person did it.
They are supposed to be a team, a family. If you come from a family that does this type of **** to each other then I wouldn't want to be part of it myself. Which is exactly what Martin is doing.
Everyone wants to call him soft for saying he had enough? None of us knows how many times he's told these guys I ain't with it stop messing with me. In fact, what Martin tried to do is pretty much the pattern bullied people take. Which is try to be friends with whoever is bullying them. It didn't work so he took the next possible step. Which is air it out. If Martin would have tried to defend himself and punch someone, and end up getting himself beat up and embarrassed, he would have lost a lot of respect from teammates. No matter what. People would have continued to laugh at him.

The dolphins coaching staff is such a joke. What kind of environment are you letting take place in that locker room that you're defending the dirtbag? Even worse, how can the GM give such orders to these players? Does this sound like a team that is on the verge to a championship? Sounds more like an organization that hasn't been relevant since Dan Marino and this shows why.

Martin is taking the high road here. Air these fools out. I hope he goes to a better and more professional organization.

View media item 647756
Really? Apparently he accosted a 34 year old chick with a stick on a golf course, in jest. Douchey? Yes. But ESPN and the media is getting ridiculous with all this.

The report states that the volunteer told police that Incognito "used his golf club to touch her by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach then to her chest. He then used the club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."

:wow: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love this dude...keep the information coming out.

View media item 647756
Really? Apparently he accosted a 34 year old chick with a stick on a golf course, in jest. Douchey? Yes. But ESPN and the media is getting ridiculous with all this.

The report states that the volunteer told police that Incognito "used his golf club to touch her by rubbing it up against her vagina, then up her stomach then to her chest. He then used the club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."

Richie a wild dude.

Feeling ole girl up wit da Callaway, and a H2O facial :lol:

"honorary black man"

yeah i find this really troubling, because it absolutely enforces many of the negative stereotypes that black men have had thrown upon them

and it's baffling how black men themselves (on the dolphins) are the ones pushing it

let's face it folks, when the term honorary black man is being dropped in this situation it ain't about the kinds of stereotypes that people want to embrace. unless it's in some meathead lockeroom type of scenario

You really gotta stop comparing these football players like they're running for office. For the most part they're a bunch of idiots who happen to be genetic freaks. There's been much worse things said and done in locker rooms than this.

Last edited:
:lol: :pimp: @ the strip club being a meeting spot. Other than that dude is still a piece of ****.

And that "honorary black man" stuff is ignorant and corny. The Dolphins locker room is a joke.

Last edited:
View media item 647756

Richie a wild dude.

Feeling ole girl up wit da Callaway, and a H2O facial :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You really gotta stop comparing these football players like they're running for office. For the most part they're a bunch of idiots who happen to be genetic freaks. There's been much worse things said and done in locker rooms than this.

If this is the case, NFL players need to stop BS'ing and spare folks all the **** they said about being upset about Riley Cooper's comments. On one hand, you got other players pissed at what cooper said and doing nothing short of insinuating that it would be open season for him on the field...and on the other, you got players giving Incognito a pass b/c he's an "honorary black man." Which is it?

Dude...one guy said to a black guy at a country music concert that wouldn't let him backstage "I'm gonna beat every ER's *** in here"....the other said "MY N MIKE POUNCEY!!!" And left a joking voicemail in which he called Martin a half N.

Just stop.

Everyone wants to call him soft for saying he had enough? None of us knows how many times he's told these guys I ain't with it stop messing with me. In fact, what Martin tried to do is pretty much the pattern bullied people take. Which is try to be friends with whoever is bullying them. It didn't work so he took the next possible step. Which is air it out.
Thanks for pointing that out, didn't even cross my mind but it's true. Ppl that are bullied either beat the bully up or try to be friends with the bully so they leave them alone.

I can understand questioning Martin's story or motive. But I don't get anybody who defends Richie's character. He's proven to be trouble, perhaps misunderstood. Nebraska, NFL. Questionable judgment.

Dude...one guy said to a black guy at a country music concert that wouldn't let him backstage "I'm gonna beat every ER's *** in here"....the other said "MY N MIKE POUNCEY!!!" And left a joking voicemail in which he called Martin a half N.

Just stop.

Dude...guys are condoning one and not another. Dude...picking and choosing.

Incognito is a big dumb ***, immature meathead who says some off the wall **** when he jokes. Cooper is a racist redneck that was at a country music concert and said he was gonna beat every ER's *** in there cause a black dude wouldn't let him in. If you don't see the difference there I don't know what to tell you. Neither of them should be accepted and I don't condone either of em using the N word in any manner...but the way Incognito said it is a lot less threatening than how Cooper did.

Did anyone see the texts Incognito has from Martin that he gave to Jay Glazer yesterday?

Lol at Martin.

:wow: :lol: at all these stories coming out

i still stand by martin in regards to this whole situation though... no matter what age, bullying is bullying. i understand the logic that this is the NFL, these are adults, its a tough sport, etc... but martin isn't a star player that can afford retaliation. if he fought back he would have all his teammates turn on him (they've already proven they aren't on his side with all these recent interviews sticking up for incognito), he would've been labeled a locker room problem, & he could've got cut & blackballed since other teams might not wanna take a chance with a "problematic" young player who fights teammates. i understand hazing, but it should only go to a certain extent... incognito clearly crossed the line with all the things he did. i think martin did the right thing taking the professional route, removing himself from the situation, & keeping his career more secured.

just a messy overall situation though that's only gonna get worse.

Back
Top Bottom