Thoughts on working overnights?

i was a paper boy shift is 2-6 and on weekends a little later because its more paper but yeh only lasted a week , NOT ABOUT THAT LIFE

but if i have to ill go back no social life like others said

i've been working overnight for 2 yrs now...i work 10 hr shifts (10pm-8am)  4 days a week
Fri, Sat, and Sun off
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  it takes time to get adjusted but if you don't have to work weekends then it's cool son 

Originally Posted by young dunny

i've been working overnight for 2 yrs now...i work 10 hr shifts (10pm-8am)  4 days a week
Fri, Sat, and Sun off
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
  it takes time to get adjusted but if you don't have to work weekends then it's cool son 

that is the perfect schedule right there

Originally Posted by AizenSousuke

Originally Posted by young dunny

Fri, Sat, and Sun off
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that is the perfect schedule right there

Yeah basically what I was gnna say. If I were to work an overnight job this would be the perfect and only way id do it.

I work 10 x 4, 3:00PM to 2:00AM and its not fun. I get paid more but I can't go out on weekends with everyone which isn't a a big deal but It gets annoying. You'll save more money this way but say goodbye to your social life.

just started working....... i dont do %#+! all night but be on fb and watch tv still finding a way to sleep while working

Im workin as we speak, I do Midnight to 8am. I work security in the south bay, ca. To me its easy, but I'm a night person.

I am also a Night person
-My regular schedule is Sun-Thurs 11pm-7am
-I sleep a lot at work
-Sleep all day after work
-No social life especially if I have to work on weekends
-I don't go through half of the BS the day staff goes through

Many pro's and con's but I would prefer a job during the day.

At work now
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ Dudes crying and saying "Don't do it OP! It's social suicide, you will NEVER see your friends again!"

OP it's a damn job! Make that money, cuz your itty bitty friends won't pay your bills!

Grave shift was easy! There is NO easier shift... Get your priorities straight, money is money! If money isn't the issue, then by all means continue living in your mom's basement.
pimp.gif

nah man alf that noise. i wouldnt wanna mess up my body clock like that. esp if it happens to be regular hours one day and opposite hours another day. you'd get fat and feel @#**#% up all the time. i guess do it you have to? but go invest in a better job or future. and i say future cause 9 - 5 isnt the best thing ever either. traffic, drone and 2 free days shouldnt be life.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

laugh.gif
@ Dudes crying and saying "Don't do it OP! It's social suicide, you will NEVER seen your friends again!"

OP it's a damn job! Make that money, cuz your itty bitty friends won't pay your bills!

Grave shift was easy! There is NO easier shift... Get your priorities straight, money is money! If money isn't the issue, then by all means continue living in your mom's basement.
pimp.gif

PREACH!

Did it for a year in my mid-20's. Goal was to pay off debt (CC's, school loans). Once the goal was met I bounced. It was at a supermarket sticking shelves. It was cake, people were cool but like most said messes with your social life and health.

been doing it for the last 9 years 10-6 am

hate it already , sleep habits are all screwed up, started having seizures now because of it . always tired , can't wait to join normal society again .....

tried it quite sometime before.It pays well but ruins your sleeping pattern badly. You will lose your social life eventually.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

What kind of call center? Are you getting a shift diff? Worked in a few call centers, but only did the overnight shift for OT. Most of the time that overnight shift is the slowest, so you'll be able to make up for the sleep.

I did work overnight at a Valero(gas statrion) for a while. It only took 3 weeks for me to see some boobies.
I will be taking credit card calls for a major bank. I'll get .50 more + commission for making sales.

I think I'm going to give it a try. There is not much I can do socially with the 12:30PM-9PM hours as it is, so sacrificing that won't really make or break me. And I don't need much sleep to be good for the day. Also, I'm only working part-time, so I'll have an extra day off as well.

Thanks for the insights everyone.

Did it for 7 years

Pros:
commute was easy
If you sleep a few hours a day, you can handle it

cons:
If in college, your social life will get killed
No energy dudring the day if you want to do stuff

I say get that paper. Esp if you already have a GF and she's understanding. Nooners ftw

Originally Posted by jumpman0217

I did 11pm-7am for 3 years. I would never do it again. It completly killed my social life. I would have to go to work when all my friends were planning on going out and such. Your sleep schedule is totally messed up. Even on your days off you want to sleep during the day and end up awake all night.

i worked 10-6 and 11-7 for a while.. loved it. i don't need much sleep and i don't club or party so missing out on that stuff didn't bother me. hopefully i get that job back soon
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jumpman0217

I did 11pm-7am for 3 years. I would never do it again. It completly killed my social life. I would have to go to work when all my friends were planning on going out and such. Your sleep schedule is totally messed up. Even on your days off you want to sleep during the day and end up awake all night.
What I came in here to say...

Just started the 6-6..

There are clearly levels to this.

Haven't been able to make it to the gym at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom