Tiger's latest Nike commercial

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

powerful? are we supposed to feel sorry for the dude?

no.

it has nothing to do with feeling sorry for anyone.

it has everything to do with him taking responsibility for his actions.

did you watch it?

I really didn't get it, then I read that the voice over was supposed to be Tigers dad, then I kind of got what Nike was aiming for.

Originally Posted by osubass1

no.

did you watch it?
exactly. where did they pull earl's snippet from?

Im sorry but some of you are morons.

Great commercial. Although I am sure NIKE will get blasted for "profiting" from his trouble.

very strong commercial. i'm suprised he's putting himself out there like that. if he is indeed trying to change his ways and show that he is taking full responsibilty for his actions, this commercial is a big step in the right direction imo. good luck tiger

powerful? i wouldn't say that it was necessarily powerful. yes, it did make a statement. dont' really know what the concept has to do with nike, though. but maybe i'm missing something. can someone explain?

powerful? don't know if "powerful" is necessarily the right term. but definitely a big statement on Tiger and Nike's part. I don't really understand what this concept has to do with Nike and golf, though. I think I may be missing something. Can someone shed some light and explain their interpretation of this commercial?

I think its a way for nike to show that they are behind him no matter what. Its a way to keep Nike Golf on peoples minds. And to those who say its a waste of airtime, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I believe that they did a great job in demonstrating that no matter how big or powerful the man, every one of us is flawed. If you look at his face he looks tired almost beaten down. Never, ever have we seen tiger in that light. He has always been the mighty "Tiger Woods". I think his facial expression tells us a million more things than words ever could....... I loved it.

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

Im sorry but some of you are morons.

Great commercial. Although I am sure NIKE will get blasted for "profiting" from his trouble.
yea exactly some of you are just pretty dumb lol
but this was a pretty good commercial.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

-Tyler

I dont think it does anything for either him or Nike. Bit of a pointless commercial that just causes more talk and bs. I can see what they were trying to do but i dont think it quite has the effect they were after from reading responses on various other websites.
Many people are tired of hearing about Tiger and don't really care anymore. Things like this are just making matters worse. The more he (and Nike) go on and on about apologizing and saying he will change, the more people are getting fed up with it. If they just let it be, the whole Tiger circus will die down a bit and things can start to get back to normal.

Originally Posted by osubass1

no.

did you watch it?
realness

Originally Posted by GriZZla1024

I dont think it does anything for either him or Nike. Bit of a pointless commercial that just causes more talk and bs. I can see what they were trying to do but i dont think it quite has the effect they were after from reading responses on various other websites.
Many people are tired of hearing about Tiger and don't really care anymore. Things like this are just making matters worse. The more he (and Nike) go on and on about apologizing and saying he will change, the more people are getting fed up with it. If they just let it be, the whole Tiger circus will die down a bit and things can start to get back to normal.
You sumed it up right there from a marketing standpoint people are not only talking about Tiger but also equating Tiger to Nike by seeing this commercial. From a selling product standpoint its genius, especially with the whole world watching him t off any minute now.

I think it says alot to how Tiger is approaching it, he screwed up big time, he acknowledged that. He didnt kill anyone the dude cheated, ok cheated a lot. BUt he plays golf, what he does in his bedroom or on the road is none of my business. He didnt have to apologize to the public, he didnt owe us an explanation. The only ones he owed an explanation to is his kids, wife and mother. It should say a lot that he exposed himself so much so soon. Its not for the money

you said it best assassin , he is a golfer and his personal life is his own business, we can feel bad for his family but he doesnt owe anyone but them the apology...we have become a huge celebrity gossip society that everyone feels like they should know this and celebs owe us something etc. dont like him just dont buy their stuff or watch their shows etc.

Back
Top Bottom