Tilikum/Shamu Thrashes & Kills Trainer.......Gruesome DETAILS UPDATE + Similar Attack Video

Originally Posted by ridikuloz

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Originally Posted by Methedy24

nb907t.gif

grin.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

lol this GIF made me forget what this thread is about.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh god im on the ground dieing at this gif niketalk never cease to amaze me jesus christ you people are ridiculous 
roll.gif
roll.gif

RIP to the trainer, but she, and all the trainers, know the risk. I dont think you can blame the whale. More and more studies are revealing higher levels of intelligence in whales/dolphins. Many believe they are capable of possessing emotions, and you better believe if they can, they are heated over being stunk in a damn tank all day. I think that video posted is pretty revealing of their mental prowess. That girl could have been lunch in an instant. But the killer whale just dragged her around, eventually let her go, without even puncturing the skin (at least it appears). He basically just had her pinned there. Seems like he was aware of exactly what he was doing.

They will not and should not kill the Tilikum. This isn't a pitbull that was off the leash and attacked some lady. Release it back into the wild or stop having it perform but why kill the animal, for revenge . How does that make things any better.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by proper english

i truly feel bad for these Killer Whales.. these things (sometimes 3 at a time) are imprisoned in a small tank for their entire lifetime..imagine all the stress they go through? 
tired.gif

Killer whales in the wild have a life expectancy of 50-70 years while the ones at aquariums are 20-30.. that's really pitiful.. 
grin.gif
You feel bad?

One of these idiotic beast just killed a human being. Whichever whale killed the worker should be executed immediately.
grin.gif
Killer Whales eat SHARKS. mutha !@#!@ SHARKS. If you don't swim with a cot damn shark why would you swim with an animal that eats them? Better yet, why mess with it at all?

I'm not a fan of going to the zoo either. All it takes is one overzealous elephant or rhino to barrel a gate. 

I'm just waiting for the day something happens to a zoo that breaks all the cages down.

This should be a wake-up call but it'll be business as usual in a few days anyway. Only endangered species and animals that can be given space similar to the wild should be taken out of the wild. You can't blame them for "misbehaving" when you put them in tanks like that. I feel bad for the woman because I think most who work for places like Sea World in that capacity have good intentions, but I hope Warner Village Theme Parks (Australian-owned) are held responsible.

Everyone should watch 'The Cove...' it'll make you think twice about how people are capturing/killing these animals

true sad part is a life is lost and with this animal's history putting it down is a strong possibly.

This is why I don't do anything in the sea or anything to do with creatures from the sea.

I wouldn't even snorkel in the damn water.

I wonder what the procedure is for the staff when a whale does this? Do you just wait it out and hope for the best?

Originally Posted by Quig707

I think that video posted is pretty revealing of their mental prowess. That girl could have been lunch in an instant. But the killer whale just dragged her around, eventually let her go, without even puncturing the skin (at least it appears). He basically just had her pinned there. Seems like he was aware of exactly what he was doing.
Same thing i was thinking. It looked like shamu just wanted to be a D bag and have a little fun with her

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Everyone should watch 'The Cove...' it'll make you think twice about how people are capturing/killing these animals

is that the movie about the Japanese killing the dolphins? Eddie Vedder mentioned it when i saw Pearl Jam a few months ago...

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

i truly feel bad for these Killer Whales.. these things (sometimes 3 at a time) are imprisoned in a small tank for their entire lifetime..imagine all the stress they go through? 
tired.gif

Killer whales in the wild have a life expectancy of 50-70 years while the ones at aquariums are 20-30.. that's really pitiful.. 
grin.gif
You feel bad?

One of these idiotic beast just killed a human being. Whichever whale killed the worker should be executed immediately.
grin.gif
Killer Whales eat SHARKS. mutha !@#!@ SHARKS. If you don't swim with a cot damn shark why would you swim with an animal that eats them? Better yet, why mess with it at all?

I'm not a fan of going to the zoo either. All it takes is one overzealous elephant or rhino to barrel a gate. 

I'm just waiting for the day something happens to a zoo that breaks all the cages down.

i agreed with you up until the zoo comment...basically, i work at the SD zoo and that +*@@ will never happen...our keepers are some of the best in the world and exhibits are TOP NOTCH.

smh.gif
@ people mad at the whale. that %#+% doesnt take orders like a dog.

part of the job is understanding that these are wild animals and the possibility of being attacked.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

tired.gif

grin.gif
You feel bad?

grin.gif

i agreed with you up until the zoo comment...basically, i work at the SD zoo and that +*@@ will never happen...our keepers are some of the best in the world and exhibits are TOP NOTCH.
Hogwash! What about that stupid big +@@ bird that just comes down out of nowhere around the park entrance? 
laugh.gif

Then there was that Eagle that almost took my head off... Still one of my favorite zoo though. I'll probably make the 400 mile trip soon as I can. 

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

tired.gif

grin.gif
You feel bad?

grin.gif

Hogwash! What about that stupid big +@@ bird that just comes down out of nowhere around the park entrance? 
laugh.gif

Then there was that Eagle that almost took my head off... Still one of my favorite zoo though. I'll probably make the 400 mile trip soon as I can. 
that was probably a peacock...we let them run free
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

2nd was probably at a show...

anyways, if you come down again, hit me with a PM...i will get you free tickets + bus tours + free skyrides all day

tired.gif

grin.gif
You feel bad?

grin.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

anyways, if you come down again, hit me with a PM...i will get you free tickets + bus tours + free skyrides all day

i might be in SD for spring break
nerd.gif
lol, but seriously, these attacks aren't new, do the trainers have to sign a waiver to work with them?...

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

tired.gif

grin.gif
You feel bad?

grin.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i might be in SD for spring break
nerd.gif
lol, but seriously, these attacks aren't new, do the trainers have to sign a waiver to work with them?...
hit me with a PM if you are, don't have a problem hooking up fellow NT'ers...

Well if they are going to kill the whale might as well put it to good use. I say we cut him up and feed him to all the Haitians.

Back
Top Bottom