Tim Tebow officially signs with Nike for 300K a year!

Originally Posted by Crispy Cream

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

O63466.jpg

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
the first jesus sandal cleats.
laugh.gif
Checked back on this thread wondering why it was still alive ... and received a satisfactory dose of lulz for the morning.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

No hate, but I just can't see black and brown kids in the hood goin to shoe stores to cop the new tim tebows.

^
| that's a really really dumb comment

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

No hate, but I just can't see black and brown kids in the hood goin to shoe stores to cop the new tim tebows.

^
| that's a really really dumb comment

He'll be all over ESPN his first year, so it was a good move for Nike. Then they can cut him once Denver realizes he'll never be a starter.

why not? i never was teh biggest tebow fan, but if anyone ever bought into vick bc of how he played the game, why not tebow??? you all make him out to being some softy just bc he's vocal about his faith, but recall how he plays the game?

Originally Posted by Ozz26

why not? i never was teh biggest tebow fan, but if anyone ever bought into vick bc of how he played the game, why not tebow??? you all make him out to being some softy just bc he's vocal about his faith, but recall how he plays the game?

Do you remember what Vick did to Florida State, much less his entire redshirt sophmore year? He didn't just do it with his legs. Bad comparison.

Magic, i'm not saying they're the same player, but both very unique qb's with unproven throwing ability. yeah vick could throw it awfully well at times too, but he was a freakish athlete at the qb position first and foremost. the way tebow was able to dominate a college football game from his position was never seen before. thats no guarantee for success at the next level, but from nike's perspective its got to be a worth  a shot.

I think lots of people only know Tebow from his highlight reels on ESPN, which are usually him stiff arming defensive backs, linebackers, anybody in his way during a run. If you watch an entire UF game with Tebow at the helm you'll see he's not just legs, it's just more exciting to watch a 220lb QB obliterate on the run. I think Nike knows what it's doing signing Tebow, they don't exactly extend contracts to flops or people who won't return on investment, even Vick was most popular player in NFL pre ATL meltdown and conspiracy in interstate commerce & promoting charges.

Does anybody know what the $300K includes? Does that just mean he'll wear Nike and be in commercials, or will there be Tebow branded stuff like Paul Rodriguez, Vick, Williams, Nadal, Federov, LB James, Jordan, Jeter get or got? I still wear the Vick turf shoes, best sneakers I own everybody loves the Vicks

I think it's just to wear some gear and cleats.....that said what size contracts did Nike extend to other 1st rounders?

Originally Posted by CLOISER

I think lots of people only know Tebow from his highlight reels on ESPN, which are usually him stiff arming defensive backs, linebackers, anybody in his way during a run. If you watch an entire UF game with Tebow at the helm you'll see he's not just legs, it's just more exciting to watch a 220lb QB obliterate on the run. I think Nike knows what it's doing signing Tebow, they don't exactly extend contracts to flops or people who won't return on investment, even Vick was most popular player in NFL pre ATL meltdown and conspiracy in interstate commerce & promoting charges.

Does anybody know what the $300K includes? Does that just mean he'll wear Nike and be in commercials, or will there be Tebow branded stuff like Paul Rodriguez, Vick, Williams, Nadal, Federov, LB James, Jordan, Jeter get or got? I still wear the Vick turf shoes, best sneakers I own everybody loves the Vicks

Nike signs plenty of flops, Derek Anderson is a JB player. The entire first round of the NBA gets some sort of contract, be it with Peak, Reebok or Adidas. 300K isn't a big contract. Especially with someone who will get his exposure. Plus it's probably performance based and can always be reworked. I wouldn't be shocked if ESPN tried to do a documentary on him.

Nike signed Tiger Woods to a five-year, $40 million deal in 1996, but it was later replaced by a $100 million package from the sporting apparel giant. Lebron's initial contract was $90 million. So that puts Tebow's contract in to context. For the average person, $300,000 is a lot, for Nike it's a drop in the bucket.

Tim Tebow is a work in progress who's trying to correct a throwing motion in months that he's been doing for years. Can he afford to be out on the field dodging 300lb players and thinking about the correct way to throw the football when his muscle memory is telling him something different? He wasn't a great pure QB with his old throwing motion, and he'll be one now? Intangibles and leadership won't help him learn how to QB from under center.

I can't believe how many Tebow supporters and haters there are out there I don't get it either, I understand if you went to UGA or FSU but otherwise why not like Captain America in the flesh? Dude will be Gov of Florida in 25 years

good for him.....dude has some serious haters out there though waitin for him to fail smh

I think this is a steal for Nike.  Small investment, big return.  He's already selling tons of jerseys.
Here's a quick logo idea I had for Tim Tebow and Nike.  This would be incorporating 2- "T" 's , as well as a "cross" since he's known to be a super devote Christian.  

I'm not a graphic artist what-so-ever, and have no photoshop/illustrator skills, so please don't clown me for the quality.  Just ideas and standard Paint programs.

Number 2 is my personal favorite, but looks similar to the "Fallen" brand logo.  What do you guys think? 

tebow3.png

By dannykcha at 2010-06-02
[font=Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]2.  
timtebowlogo.png
[/font]
[font='Times New Roman', serif]
[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]3.  
tebow2.png
[/font]

Nike is not giving this guy his own shoe, not in the near future. You guys realize that Nike gives a ton of athletes this same kind of contract, right? It's nothing to them.

Originally Posted by dannykcha

I like what you got going with the double T into a cross on the first one, but overall I get a FSU feeling from that, maybe square off the ends of the 'cross' and lose the outline or tighten the outline so it wraps more close and follows the form?

Back on topic, does anyone know how Tebows deal compares to other picks?  Suh for instance?

Originally Posted by HMack007

You god damn right I'd wear a Tebow trainer !!!

Whoa, Whoa.  Settle down there champ.
We'll have none of that kind of foul language spoken in these Christian shoes.

dude is not gonna be successful in the nfl as QB, as a tight end,he might be allright.

Nike also will be smart and not go the jesus fish route with logo's if they decide to even give this dude a shoe.

FL is already in shambles enough, we don't need a celebrity governor like cali. It hasn't done wonders so far for them... course in a couple years this state is sinking anyways.

Back
Top Bottom