Time Travel?

Like I said in another thread:

It truly depresses me knowing that I probably won't live long enough to experience any of this *$$@. (Time travel, space travel, aliens, etc.)

Love the idea support the science but if a time machine was created it would eff up everything, especially because only a select group would have access to thetechnology.

um... question: wouldn't you be able to go back in time only as far as when the time machine was built?

cuz you can't go back in time in a time machine that has not been built yet............right?

theoretically speaking or course
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

um... question: wouldn't you be able to go back in time only as far as when the time machine was built?

cuz you can't go back in time in a time machine that has not been built yet............right?

embarassed.gif
Better question: Could you travel forward into a time that hasnt happened????
(Assuming there is only a single, linear timeline, that has no alternates or precursors).

if they came up with a legit time traveling device in the future could they be walking around among us right now?

Originally Posted by wildout4

if they came up with a legit time traveling device in the future could they be walking around among us right now?
Not only walking among us... but altering history into what they want.
eek.gif
alien.gif

edit: Just watched the video. Them talking about traveling not back into OUR time, but into a parallel universe made more sense. Paradoxes cant occur then,theoretically meaning that our own timeline isnt affected. And with them talking about the light creating a tunnel in time... well where does that tunnel leadto? It cant go directly backwards. So it must go to a different universe.

This stuff is too trippy.

Originally Posted by wildout4

No.

Due to this...

cuz you can't go back in time to a time when the machine has not been built yet............right?
Right.

Word to the history channel.

Sometimes I sit around and wonder what the future will be like but often get depressed knowing I won't be around to see any of it. I wonder if people inthe 1800's thought we'd be surfing the internet....???

They probably have time machines in the future, but they can't come back here and mess things up back here. The smallest change could have drasticconsequences on the future.

embarassed.gif
Did you watch the video?

That's exactly what the guy said.

The grandfather paradox is a proposed paradox of time travel, first described by the science fiction writer René Barjavel in his 1943 book Le VoyageurImprudent (The Imprudent Traveller).[1] The paradox is this: suppose a man traveled back in time and killed his biological grandfather before the latter metthe traveler's grandmother. As a result, one of the traveler's parents (and by extension, the traveller himself) would never have been conceived. Thiswould imply that he could not have travelled back in time after all, which in turn implies the grandfather would still be alive, and the traveller would havebeen conceived, allowing him to travel back in time and kill his grandfather. Thus each possibility seems to imply its own negation, a type of logical paradox.

Time Travel SHOULD NEVER EXIST. There is NO GOOD AT ALL THAT CAN come from it. I just see religious people in the millions trying to talk to Jesus, Buddha andMuhammad. The paradoxs that will happen of people trying to save dead relatives will be horrible.

Originally Posted by 18key

embarassed.gif
Better question: Could you travel forward into a time that hasnt happened????
(Assuming there is only a single, linear timeline, that has no alternates or precursors).
c02150e6cad7b3f16f3c15d220fa5d035c8f233.gif

Well, no.

I guess it can actually go either way if you believe in dimensions, there's no way life can be truly linear. Its more like a tree branch I guess.

I see the dilemma tho.

If i'm 16, and i go 30 years in the past, i kill myself because i was not born 30 years ago. I've been "time traveling" for 16 years;I've been going from right now to the "future", or what's to come later
???

HAHAHAHA...how'd i know Ron Mallet would be in this video

He's a professor @ my school in the Physics department...seen him talk in person too...presents very interesting ideas.

what if I go back in time and killed the inventor that invented the time machine? Will I kill myself or will I get stuck in that time period? Or will I becomea ghost?

All periods of time happen simultaneously, the end, the beginning and everything in between are always happening. So if you go back in time to kill theinventor of the time machine that means at the time that it was being invented you would have been there as well and it would have never happened.

Everything is this present life time has already happened. We have already lived our lives and died. That's where destiny and fate come in.

Time is relative, it's not absolute. Gravity slows down time and the speed of light.

And worm holes have already been discovered. It's called the "energy grid network" and can take us anywhere in the universe. They have spacestations under the surface of the moon and Mars.

Back
Top Bottom