Time Warner to Drop FOX Starting January 1, 2010?

Great, no more Fox News.
pimp.gif

Wow. Just when I thought Time Warner couldn't get any worse.

Glad I'm not with them.

no fox??? if they are #%##+% with my football games im gonna have to switch to another company

all fox channels? if so, that's a stupid decision
getting rid of people who watch nfl on fox, american idol

http://www.nydailynews.co...merican_idol_and_nf.html

[h1]Time Warner cable may drop Fox, along with programs like 'American Idol,' the NFL; no contract yet[/h1]
By Richard Huff
DAILY NEWS TV EDITOR

Friday, December 18th 2009, 11:52 AM

alg_adam_lambert_kris_allen.jpg

FOX
No 'American Idol'?! It could happen to Time Warner cable subscribers if the provider can't reach a deal with Fox.

[h3]Related News[/h3]

Local Time Warner Cable subscribers may lose "American Idol" and the NFL if Fox and Time Warner Cable can't come to terms on new contract before the end of the year.

The two media behemoths have gone public with their battle over programming costs, which, could result in some Fox programming - including WNYW/Ch. 5, FX, Fuel, and the Speed Channel - being yanked from Time Warner Cable systems around the country.

The battle took a new turn Friday when Fox launched a series of on-air promos and a Web site in an effort to get viewers on its side. The spots are on a heavy rotation on WNYW/Ch. 5.

"Time Warner is isn't playing fair and you could lose Fox because of it," a voiceover says in a series of ads launched this week. "Time Warner Cable is using programming costs as an excuse to raise your bill while continuing to rake in billions in profits."

The spots say Time Warner may be responsible for viewers losing the NFL, "American Idol" and other popular shows.

Locally, it would also mean the loss of "The Wendy Williams Show" and anchors such as Ernie Anastos and Dari Alexander.

The Fox spots follow on the heels of a cryptic campaign launched by Time Warner Cable in November that asked viewers to visit the Web site rolloverorgettough.com and vote on whether the company should give into price increases from program suppliers.

At issue is the money Time Warner pays to carry those Fox properties.

"Negotiations are ongoing, but Fox's current demands are unreasonable and excessive especially in this economic climate," said Time Warner Cable spokeswoman Maureen Huff.

Huff declined to discuss specifics of the Fox increase request.

The company's Web site asking viewers to vote on increases says some networks were asking for as much as 300% more for their shows."

On its keepfoxon.com Web site, the company maintains that some big cable networks ask for far more money than Fox wants.

Fox also advises viewers they can get the company's programming from other sources such as Direct TV, Verizon FiOS, Dish Network or with an antenna.

As for Time Warner's campaign, more than 400,000 people have responded to the Web site, with 95% of them voting for the company to get tough with the increases.

In fairness, voters had been asked to respond to the poll without knowing what networks are asking for more money. Apparently, besides the Fox networks, deals with the Weather Channel, Starz, and some of the Scripps Networks channels are still hanging in the balance.

This is not the first time two major programmers have gone head-to-head in a public battle.

In May of 2000, the Walt Disney Co. and Time Warner reached a stalemate in negotiations and WABC/Ch. 7 was temporarily pulled from the lineup. Viewers woke up that morning to a blue-screen that read: "Disney has taken ABC away from you."

Wait now, does that mean Fox Sports as well!! Hell no, they will feel my wrath if I can't watch my Lakers.

how?

they have family guy, simpsons, house, NFL,

they just gonna drop these super popular shoes? maybe someone else will buy them?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

time warner CABLE. man you scared me

i got cox over here *no moe* so, im fine. plus you can jsut watch it on regular TV !!

i doubt its gonna happen, they'll work somethin out. If not I'm switchin to directv or somethin.

Man #$ FOX, didn't you hear "Sly Fox" by Nas? I'm joking but not really, American Idol is lame and I saw that they are going to cancel thatshow because the British guy is leaving for his own show.

I am already heated because I don't have the NFL Network now TW is going to cut Fox? Meaning Fox Sports West? Lakers? NFL Sundays?

That is some bullllllll crap. I hate TW with a passion.

Back
Top Bottom