Tinashe Thread - 333 out now

Should have never went with a label in da first place.

2 on was fine for a single, da problem is da single became bigger than da artist and it seems like she'll never get another 2 on.
Better off swallowing whoever she needs to get off da label and then make music/money off da hardcore fans going indi.
Sad, but probably true.

Shorty is the one.

She gets so many looks but none of it is grabbing.

It's a shame too.

The music isn't good.
You don't really blow up in the music industry off of something as subjective as the music being good or bad. You can convince a populous of people or demographic that the music is good / or bad regardless of if it's actually true or not.

Her lack of success isn't due to the music being bad.

You don't really blow up in the music industry off of something as subjective as the music being good or bad. You can convince a populous of people or demographic that the music is good / or bad regardless of if it's actually true or not.

Her lack of success isn't due to the music being bad.
exactly. if chance the rapper can blow up with that trash music anybody can

exactly. if chance the rapper can blow up with that trash music anybody can
You can call Chance's music trash but that really has very little to do with anything.

In music discussions like this, so many people get caught up in the music being "good" or "Bad" and it's not even about that.

In 2017, you have to build. You have to be organic. There has to be an organic relationship with your desired demographic. This is what guys like Bryson Tiller, Chance the Rapper, etc. have and Tinashe is missing. She's getting on records with britney spears and hosting red carpets during awards season, and all that's really doing is giving her and her movement / team a false sense of who she really is, and really how popular she really is. Not only that, you're really alienating the little fanbase that you have by doing these stunts that are premature for your career. When it comes down to it, what she needs is a rebrand that focused on a more organic and independent  approach / aesthetic, even if she's signed to a label.

It's the only real way IMO to build a star in 2017 and it's the biggest void in what Tinashe has going right now.

Last edited:
You referring to the Ride Of Your Life single cover art? :lol:

-Drew
Is that what that was? I actually like that song but I saw that picture floating around and it confused the **** out of me. I mean I like hot wheels but sheesh

artworks-000145546361-93geme-t500x500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom