tips for balikbayans?

hello all, i will be leaving for the philippines in a few days.. going to be staying in manila, makati area for my stay there.. i havent been there in a fewyears so im very anxious and excited.. anybody have any tips or suggestions for a fellow balikbayan coming home for a few to help blend in and not stick out asanother fil-am tourist?

uhhh... i'm actually not sure about my tip, but here goes nothing...

if you can speak almost-fluent-tagalog, try and keep speaking tagalog...

i think that can help you "not stick out as another fil-am tourist" hehe

speak tagalog, dont mean mug lol, hit the basketball court with tsinelas hah

and

always put your strap on. pinays aint no joke when it comes to sex. you dont want a baby momma drama when you get back to US.

Originally Posted by monase

well that takes wowowee out of the picture

my tama ka! ahaha
roll.gif

watch pba games live!
play billiards at kanto billiard halls
eat at pinoy restaurants, carenderia (not sure if spelling is correct) or dampa paluto restaurants.
Play unlimited PS2 or XBOX games for less than a hundred pesos which is not possible in US.
Go to greenhills or cartimar just to check out the how the fake kicks look. Sometimes it's fun but at the same time sad to look at fake kicks. Especiallyif you're wearing authentic while going to those stores, of course the people there will think you are wearing fakes too, unless they know how to determinethe real one.
Go to the beach
oh yeah, just like what realtalkjohnny said, play basketball whilewearing tsinelas. Play against tambay boys, those who they call "SA COURT NA NATUTULOG" while they are wearing topless. Damn these guys are reallygood and they will foul you real hard. Also you have to bring at least 10 or 20 pesos for the pustahan (BET) for a bottle an 800ml of RC COLA or POP COLA orICE TUBIG. So be ready.
roll.gif
, that's the best of the philippines.That's where james yap and the other basketball starts started here in the philippines.

Originally Posted by wytboy55

watch pba games live!
play billiards at kanto billiard halls
eat at pinoy restaurants, carenderia (not sure if spelling is correct) or dampa paluto restaurants.
Play unlimited PS2 or XBOX games for less than a hundred pesos which is not possible in US.
Go to greenhills or cartimar just to check out the how the fake kicks look. Sometimes it's fun but at the same time sad to look at fake kicks. Especially if you're wearing authentic while going to those stores, of course the people there will think you are wearing fakes too, unless they know how to determine the real one.
Go to the beach
oh yeah, just like what realtalkjohnny said, play basketball while wearing tsinelas. Play against tambay boys, those who they call "SA COURT NA NATUTULOG" while they are wearing topless. Damn these guys are really good and they will foul you real hard. Also you have to bring at least 10 or 20 pesos for the pustahan (BET) for a bottle an 800ml of RC COLA or POP COLA or ICE TUBIG. So be ready.
roll.gif
, that's the best of the philippines. That's where james yap and the other basketball starts started here in the philippines.
^^^Nicely said wytboy55...
Just to add, don't wear white/light colored top while ballin'. Coz it will eventually turn dark after playing with those toplesss, tambayboys.
roll.gif

And better eat your vegetables for a better eyesight during "dusk til dawn" ballin'.
roll.gif

^^ philippine basketball !

Also get used to people shooting hoops (BECKAN OR BECKSHOOT) in each side of the court, while your team and your opponent still plays basketball. Don'tget annoyed, it's just normal . Onli in da philippines

Originally Posted by wytboy55

^^ philippine basketball !

Also get used to people shooting hoops (BECKAN OR BECKSHOOT) in each side of the court, while your team and your opponent still plays basketball. Don't get annoyed, it's just normal . Onli in da philippines
^^^
roll.gif
And the game stops if a ball is stuck on the braces ofthe ring. nyahahaha

^^ halatang sanay sa larong kanto ah..

You will experience game stops if there will be a vehicle passing by. These are the halfcourts built in the streets. haha.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom