tips for las vegas...?

Goin to vegas for my birthday with 3 or 4 of my boys, anybody know good hotels to stay that are relatively cheap and on the strip... Heard that taxis cost agrip and its better to be in walking distance to where its all at. Any tips or recommendations are appreciated. (I dont plan on kicking it in the room thatmuch so cheaper is better i guess)

you dont get the whole vegas experience without the right hotel..

i'd recommend THE Hotel @ Mandalay Bay or The Signature @ MGM...pretty frickin awesome, plus you get unlimited access to the hottest pool parties out!

make sure you also stop by club XS at the Encore! hottest spot in the city for '09
smile.gif

if this is your first time..dont half %+$ vegas... we stayed at a Venetian Suite first time we went..although we were barely in the room...the atmosphere andeverything was well worth it.. taxis are not so bad.. its worth it..if theres four of you split it...youd spent about 15 bucks going from one end of the stripto the other.. so its worth it...walking will tire you.. TAO, Jet, Tryst, Pure, Moon&Rain at the Palms... Rio buffet (seafood) Wynn Buffet... all good...when you go clubbing look for girls in line to let you wait with them..best believe you will not get in with 4 dudes or wait 3 hours to get in a club...justmake sure the ratio is 1-1..(3-2..2-1 preferred) hope that helps

these posts come up so often and whenever i make a post and i go on vacation i get no replies. Im not salty
ohwell.gif

... well i live out here so pm me if u need somethin

The promotion page on MGM Grand website says this deal is good until May 25th:

Exclusive Offer!

* Daily access to the Grand Buffet for 2 people
* 2 VIP Passes to Studio 54 or Tabu
* 2 complimentary MGM Grand poolside cocktails
* 25% off Grand Spa or Christoph Salon
* $20 Free Slot Play
* $25 upgrade per night to Bungalow Suite
* $30 upgrade per night to Celebrity Spa Suite

Promotion Runs
May 1, 2009 - January 31, 2010

Offer Expires
May 25, 2009

https://reservations.mgmm...;pid=001&code=MKT233

I did this when I went a few weekends ago and honestly was the best decision I ever made. Granted your situation a bit different with like 4 of yall but thisis still a good deal. The buffet alone was 30 a person
laugh.gif
and yes thebuffet was crack. and the outdoor pool complex was the *##+ too. everything about that hotel was poppin period
http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=128707...2&kbid=1576222&host=promo&pid=001&code=MKT233

Why don't we create a Vegas Mega Thread? Tell the cabbie DO NOT TAKE THE TUNNEL when you go to your hotel. It will get them $10+ extra.

Originally Posted by arrjae

bring money,
dont trust the cab drivers
the yard sticks are overrated
um you can drink in public but if you j walk then its a drunk in public or something random... they tried to get my boy for that

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Exclusive Offer!

* $20 Free Slot Play

Promotion Runs

Offer Expires
May 25, 2009

I did this when I went a few weekends ago and honestly was the best decision I ever made. Granted your situation a bit different with like 4 of yall but this is still a good deal. The buffet alone was 30 a person
laugh.gif
and yes the buffet was crack. and the outdoor pool complex was the *##+ too. everything about that hotel was poppin period
http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=128707...2&kbid=1576222&host=promo&pid=001&code=MKT233

which I would of have known this before booking thru expedia .. I was actually going to stay at the venittian or belagio but ended up in TI .... lol

where can I get vip passes for all the clubs or pool parties?

Cop the 24hr Bus pass for like 5 bucks cabs only pick up and drop off at Hotels .

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Originally Posted by bonafide hustla

Exclusive Offer!

* $20 Free Slot Play

Promotion Runs

Offer Expires
May 25, 2009

I did this when I went a few weekends ago and honestly was the best decision I ever made. Granted your situation a bit different with like 4 of yall but this is still a good deal. The buffet alone was 30 a person
laugh.gif
and yes the buffet was crack. and the outdoor pool complex was the *##+ too. everything about that hotel was poppin period

which I would of have known this before booking thru expedia .. I was actually going to stay at the venittian or belagio but ended up in TI .... lol

where can I get vip passes for all the clubs or pool parties?
if you go to slick deals and hunt you will find all types of deals for every hotel out there. there is one particular site I came across withdeals to literally every hotel in vegas. I paid like 60 for a night at the MGM with all that sutff above.

as far as the VIP passes, there are promoters that will put you on the list all day as long as you have a chick. you can get in for like 15 bucks or so and bestraight. some cat just walked up to me trying to put us on the list. otherwise that deal above obviously got the passes on deck

Originally Posted by mextra45

Cop the 24hr 3 day Bus pass for like 5 15 bucks cabs only pick up and drop off at Hotels .

im actually heading to vegas next week.

How are the clubs at The Palms ? Is it worth it ? Whats the usual cover ?

don't fall in love with a stripper. if she says she likes you, she's just lying, she prolly don't even remember your name. i bet one of them willtell you they're just stripping to put them through school.

I would also like to know any good tips/nice places to go. Me and a few of my friends booked rooms with that mgm offer and I would like to know the dos anddonts of vegas. thanks guys!

Originally Posted by mextra45

Cop the 24hr Bus pass for like 5 bucks cabs only pick up and drop off at Hotels .

Im sorry sir, that is an inaccurate statement and also illegal per the Nevada Taxicab Authority. If cab drivers tell you that just say "mybrother/dad/uncle is a TA (Taxicab Authority Cop)" It puts the fear of god into them. Cabbies wont even risk pissing off anyone that knows of the dreaded"TA" Yes, Nevada has a state law enforcement agency dedicated to busting/harrassing/keeping tabs on the cabbies.

4 dudes in Vegas trying to club? I highly suggest to bring money to pay off the bouncers cause otherwise you guys are gonna wait forever in line. Or likesomeone else mentioned, find girls already in line and go in with them.

Originally Posted by AssistantSupervisor81

I would also like to know any good tips/nice places to go. Me and a few of my friends booked rooms with that mgm offer and I would like to know the dos and donts of vegas. thanks guys!
do take full advantage of mgm
do eat at all of the buffets breakfast, lunch, and dinner
do make sure you hit up the pool and daytime pool/club called wet republic. its was extremely poppin when i was out there
do buy liquor and pre party (if you can get some girls to chill at the hotel) b/c dranks was like 10 bucks in the club
do gamble even if you dont want to drop a lot of bread play the penny slots so you can smash the weak drinks. enough of them and they'll have you tipsy
i honestly cant think of many donts.

oh and i read that if you slide the lady at check in a 20 or something a lot of times they will upgrade your room heard that after the fact though

yea, cabs only pick up at hotels but you gotta walk 2 minutes at most to get to one.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom