Tips of travelling USA for a Aussie.

Hey fam,

Im in the process of working out my trip too USA and after any tips or suggestions. Theres a few ppl in each state from the sneaker community ill be with for some days, and the rest on tours or just exploring the citys by myself meeting locals etc.
Im planning on visiting LA, Vegas, PHX and New york. (Chicago or Colorado are maybes, Colorado for 1 reason ;-))
Any tips? Was thinking of doing the drive from Vegas too PHX where i would have free accomodation.
Would 4 nights in each city be sufficient? Only things at this stage i need too see is Grand Canyon and Times Square and ofcourse all the sneaker spots. Other then that i tempted too wing it and just explore on my own but people are telling me that tours are the only way. I just dont want too be limited too what the tour tells me too see.

Thanks for reading my novel, any help appreciate famo

Visit an Outback Steakhouse and give your review.

:stoneface:

:lol:

4 nights is good enough to hit the major spots i would think. you won't be able to cover ALL of NYC or LA in 4 nights, but you can definitely do enough.

4 nights in vegas is a lot if you really do it up. my advice for Vegas is DEFINITELY stay an entire sunday so you can party at one of the pool parties. encore beach club is my recommendation.

Texas is the best state in the world and you're leaving it off the list, that's your first misstep partner.

Funny you mention that, i was thinking of adding texas in as i got a fair few boys there too visit, is there sight seeing there? Thats the main stuff ill be doing.

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

4 nights is good enough to hit the major spots i would think. you won't be able to cover ALL of NYC or LA in 4 nights, but you can definitely do enough.

4 nights in vegas is a lot if you really do it up. my advice for Vegas is DEFINITELY stay an entire sunday so you can party at one of the pool parties. encore beach club is my recommendation.

Thanks bro. I could add a night if required. Vegas i plan of getting drunk and staying drunk the whole time, its only right isnt it? lol. Not much else i plan on doing there, that im aware thats the best thing too do...
Whats the better things in LA too see? Rif la il make a stop at and other then that i dont know what too do tbh. NBA game il fit in at some stage as well as in PHX.

Texas is the best state in the world and you're leaving it off the list, that's your first misstep partner.

Funny you mention that, i was thinking of adding texas in as i got a fair few boys there too visit, is there sight seeing there? Thats the main stuff ill be doing.
Go down to Fort Worth and see a real cattle drive (One goes through downtown every day) then go to the Stockyards to see a Rodeo and maybe square dance at a bar once that's over. Houston is a great spot for Sneakers, but I'm not too familiar with the area honestly.

You probably have never had fantastic Mexican Food though, and the only place I think you'll get it in America is Texas. That alone makes it a worthy stop. In all honesty Texas isn't a place to spend 4 days in, not a whole lot to see, 2 days would be best probably.

Go down to Fort Worth and see a real cattle drive (One goes through downtown every day) then go to the Stockyards to see a Rodeo and maybe square dance at a bar once that's over. Houston is a great spot for Sneakers, but I'm not too familiar with the area honestly.

You probably have never had fantastic Mexican Food though, and the only place I think you'll get it in America is Texas. That alone makes it a worthy stop. In all honesty Texas isn't a place to spend 4 days in, not a whole lot to see, 2 days would be best probably.
:pimp:

Texas Mexican food (tex-mex) >>>>>

It's greatness.

Wouldn't do more than 3 in Vegas - Sunday is the best day for pool parties but Saturday is still crazy as well

Would spend less time in Phoenix and more in LA or NYC

Thanks for the tips. Nothing there sounds in my interests though. As long as i stay fed im good. Rodeos not really my scene, although the people there may be worth a 2 day trip. At this stage texas is a backup still

Wouldn't do more than 3 in Vegas - Sunday is the best day for pool parties but Saturday is still crazy as well

Would spend less time in Phoenix and more in LA or NYC

OK so 3 nights in vegas max? I wont too spend 4 in phx as ill be staying with a friend and one day with be spent at grand canyon and another involving phx suns game etc. the other 2 just getting taken around places. Might have too add a night in LA or NYK then. Cheers guys

LA has great Mexican food as well...

Wear a tap out shirt

Visit Nebraska

Greet every gentlemen with Blood or Cuz

Tailgate at a LA Sparks game

Free fall the San Francisco bridge

Your biggest mistake is not hitting the Bay Area.

Honestly, unless you're real into the extra commercial touristy stuff there's no need to spend four days in L.A. 

Three days spread between SF and the rest of the Bay Area, and two days in L.A. would be about right. 

Last edited:
But on the real let me break down the West Coast aspect of your trip.

Fly into San Francisco, get a rental. Hit the hipster market, walk around the city. They have all sorts of organic foods. You won't be disappointed. Hit the bridge. Don't go to a Giant's game.

Depending on the guap you can either fly into LA or take a train. I don't know how you fellas down under roll but you can't loose doing either.

As soon as your in LA you wanna start at the top. Hit Malibu, get some dinner by then beach, Then go to Santa Monica,
walk the pier. Then hit Beverly Hills after, get a little window shopping done. Hit Venis Beach and get your medical marijuana card for $40 and get on Piffy's level. Mad hoodies in Venis too. Go to a club in Hollyweird. Catch a Laker/Clipper game. Catch a Dodger game. Stay away from Anaheim or the OC in general. You can catch hepatitis Z at an Angels game.

must do:
Inn N Out
Roscoes Chicken N Waffles
Prosti**** on Long Beach Blvd.
Experiment Rhino
Sam's Hofbrau (trust me)

Last edited:
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks bro. I could add a night if required. Vegas i plan of getting drunk and staying drunk the whole time, its only right isnt it? lol. Not much else i plan on doing there, that im aware thats the best thing too do...
Whats the better things in LA too see? Rif la il make a stop at and other then that i dont know what too do tbh. NBA game il fit in at some stage as well as in PHX.

Venice Beach
Santa Monica Pier
Disneyland
Melrose
Beverly Center
Chinese Theatre
Hollywood Stars
Downtown La
Holy Grail
Universal Citywalk

Just a few off the too of my heads feel free to PM me with more questions

Back