Tips on gaining more motivation and energy to get things accomplished?

I always seem to have this big burden of inertia as far as getting some stuff in life taken care of. It can range from some important daily routine to a long-term goal in which requires more work on my part that I most of the time don't end up outputting. All of this can be much more difficult especially when there's multiple problems on my plate that need to be handled. Advice?

Envision what you have to do as many small task, instead of one big "to do".

Ex.- I have to clean my kitchen vs. I have to do the dishes, sweep, and clean the counter tops.

I need this
tired.gif

I face this same problem...in order to gain momentum you need to start somewhere but also you can start small.

What I do if I need a bunch of stuff accomplished the next day is I make a checklist the night before. If it's a list of 10 things I try to get a majority of them accomplished to feel satisfied. I find I need a lot of free time to just do random crap like browse NT.

It's a hard thing to light a fire under your own !*@ but doing 1 thing that needs to be done helps reinforce the need for accomplishing what else is left on the list because you get a good feeling by setting out to do something and accomplishing it.

Your gonna have peaks and troughs of getting things accomplished but after practice you'll be able to reduce the amount of troughs you go through to reach those peaks.

some good things to be noted in this link...here's my personal experience with all 3 techniques...

A morning workout before breakfast and your normal routine will do wonders.  I did one today.  I woke up, stretched for a couple minutes, brushed my teeth, made my protein shake, and did a 30 min workout.  Felt a little slugish afterwards but after 45 minutes I felt good.  The endorphins and other chemical processes that occur from a workout make you feel like you already accomplished something before your day even started and reinforces productivity.

I do feel a nap is potentially helpful but I think it has less to do with amount of time taken to nap and more with quality of the nap.  Personally meditation before doing something is counterproductive in my book...i'd meditate and if your doing a deep meditation you need some time to bounce back into reality.  I would do a quick mediation before a nap and see how that works...I've done it before and it helped me more than going from straight meditation to doing some work.  My mind just isn't in work mode straight out of meditation it'll take me atleast 15-20 min to come back into work mode.  Naps alone do work though...but if you go into straight sleep mode then it's counterproductive because it's like you woke up 6 hours before you should have in a regular sleep cycle...a nap should really be under 45 minutes at the most.

One of the life hacks I found was that people who worked in an office would put keys in their hand and take a nap and would end their nap when the keys fell out of their hand on the floor because supposedly your body just reset itself.

Think about the people who want to see you fail. Do you really want to give them that satisfaction?

make a list, and get up get out and just start accomplishing them....

I realized once I get on the computer, tv or lay in bed....NOTHING gets done!

lol like right now I wanna clean my room and bathroom, but instead I'm in bed on the computer with no motivation to get up...cleaned the kitchen though

make a list of goals and honestly pray and begin cutting out ppl who put you down and try to stop you

Listen to J.Cole's album. I pretended like I grew up underpriveleged like him whenever and that studying was my only way out
laugh.gif
I listened to it religiously while doing work and it paid off

Use your current situation as a catalyst to do better. If you're unhappy with where you are you should aspire to be in a better place.

Posted to read tomorrow

Enjoyed the links from HankMoody and The Tradesman

Work out. It makes you feel good and will carry out into other aspects of your life.

Originally Posted by megatron

I need this
tired.gif

Amen....seperating from the Air Force in the next few months and I really need to get on my grind and get the ball rolling with school.

Back
Top Bottom