tired of having boring and broke friends

I feel you man. I always tell my friends let's go to Vegas but they always be on that "I'm broke" +##@. Also I always feel like they are too uber hipster to be caught dancing in the club. It's like they'd rather sit outside the patio and smoke cigarettes while talking about hipster +##@. Nevertheless I have great friends.

get a girlfriend... or friend thats a girl... no attachments, go out do your thing, if you dont pick up, you got one in your back pocket... or go to school... meet people that are your age and doing stuff...
grin.gif

I'm 22 and in the same boat.

My boys are all high school friends and they're mad cheap to no end. How you gonna be 22 and you want to sneak into the movie theater? How are you gonna show up to a restaurant with food and drinks you bought from McDonalds and then you sit at the table and tell the waitress you wont be ordering anything? Or trying to sneak into clubs on New Years Eve or Halloween and then you end up paying when a 6'7 300 pound bouncer catches you? How are you working a job that pays $20+/hr but you're driving around a 20-year-old car that doesnt even meet municipal emission standards? One of my boys did not go out for 2-weeks straight because he wanted to wait until the beginning of the month to buy a monthly bus pass...because paying $5 round-trip for bus fare was too expensive.

I'll never understand being cheap...I understand being smart with your money and only buying what you need, buying things on sale, etc...I'll never understand going out and trying to have a good time without wanting to spend any money or staying at home all the time because you dont want to pay for anything.

The worst are the dudes who are done high school, decide not to go to college/university and either work for minimum wage or dont work at all. Then they complain about not having money or enough money and they sit at home all day. If you have friends like this, cut them off ASAP...they're content with being mediocre and they likely wont change.

Originally Posted by high off kicks

Originally Posted by JayAmazin

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

sneakerfan93 wrote:
Damn, you're 23 and you hang with 40+ year olds?...WTH?
eek.gif
roll.gif
....No wonder it's so boring for you.
You need to make more friends with people your age, or if you want to go somewhere, why not go by yourself...or a GF if you have one...

damn yall $@%*!% dont read...

his co-workers are 40+ someone suggested he go out with them but they are older with families and more responsibilities than OP and can't pick up and go like he wants to
eyes.gif

Exactly people cannot read at all. I even quoted that myself so its been quoted 3 times and people still can't pick it up
laugh.gif

Shout out to the READERS who READ.

roll.gif

bout to get me in trouble in class

yoo im in the same thing as you now.. a lil different though.. none of my friends work they just drink all day and its not even fun just sittin at there crib drinking.. like i work my #@@ off and i just want different friends kinda iuno its hard to explain but i feel you though I was I could meet new ppl... latley this 1 chick as been introducing me to some of her guy friends (sounds gay lol) but iuno they kinda boring and worse then my current friends....

Sounds like your "friends" don't wanna hang with you if they're not even gonna try and go somewhere and you do.

Get new friends man...all you can do.

I've pretty much had the same problem as OP for some years now..

I'm down for goin to Vegas on a whim for the weekends, and hitting up NYC to chill and shop.. but my dudes been broke and probably always will be broke.. Even if they had money they won't leave the city just to stunt in front of people they know.

That's why i don't mind doing shht solo dolo, or with the company of a young lady.. Hell even an older lady i don't discriminate..

I think I may have to do Jamaica again by my self this summer.

i feel you op, i wanna do things like hit up miami, new york in the summer ..etc but these fools be like naw and just wanna stay here all there life in the same neighborhood

The worst are the dudes who are done high school, decide not to go to college/university and either work for minimum wage or dont work at all. Then they complain about not having money or enough money and they sit at home all day. If you have friends like this, cut them off ASAP...they're content with being mediocre and they likely wont change.

thats some realtalk right there.. i have a few of these and there homies too, just aren't doing anything (school, working for that paper)

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I've pretty much had the same problem as OP for some years now..

I'm down for goin to Vegas on a whim for the weekends, and hitting up NYC to chill and shop.. but my dudes been broke and probably always will be broke.. Even if they had money they won't leave the city just to stunt in front of people they know.

That's why i don't mind doing shht solo dolo, or with the company of a young lady.. Hell even an older lady i don't discriminate..

I think I may have to do Jamaica again by my self this summer.

what do you do by yourself there?

i'd be fine once i meet people but meeting people would be the problem only cuz i assume i'd mostly meet guys trying to smash...

try only having one friend and both of you are to lazy to do anything...

so many times we'll be ready to go and just look at each other like "nah" and sit right back down dressed and everything
laugh.gif

even out of town we'll get ready to go out and just not feel like it for no reason at all
it's hard to believe you only have one friend when you have over 15,000 posts on a message board

Originally Posted by that g daz

so many times we'll be ready to go and just look at each other like "nah" and sit right back down dressed and everything
laugh.gif

even out of town we'll get ready to go out and just not feel like it for no reason at all
it's hard to believe you only have one friend when you have over 15,000 posts on a message board
is that sarcasm?
laugh.gif

The whole "I'm broke" thing is one of the biggest lies.
laugh.gif

99% of the time, they're more than likely NOT broke, they're just being too lazy or don't wanna hang with you. Gotta cut ties at that point.

That's why I only keep in touch with a close circle of ppl, cause I know they're not gonna freeload or flake.

Originally Posted by that g daz

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
happy.gif

I'd say try hanging out with the younger co-workers too.

but this is the state of things these times. You can't get too mad that they don't have the funds or jobs to support fun #*+!

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

thats some realtalk right there.. i have a few of these and there homies too, just aren't doing anything (school, working for that paper)
QFT. The person that was my best friend until a little while ago was one of the laziest women I've ever known. She didn't want to work or go to school. She'd stay home and watch tv all day. Drove me crazy, and I tried to get help, but she didn't want it. So I stopped trying, and it's honestly the best thing I've ever done.

i know what you mean. plus they been my boys since i was 4 years old. i just kept clowning on em for forever; saw no change, so i had an intervention with them. now their slowly getting on their $*##.

i wanna #!*! out of my city cause of friends like this. pretty much have to beg everyone to come out and have a drink and if they do it's only during happy hour
smh.gif
i don't even bother trying to invite them to vegas or any other small trips.

would rather just move away and meet new peeps already.

Maybe look up a local caucus that has plenty of young professionals like yourself.
Network, socialize, etc., etc...

Mannnnnnn u guys dont even kno

I got 3 main friends, like the main people i could trust and all. in the past we can say now.

but i chill with these dudes and they always broke. they have no car. always want me to pick them up if we going out. like $$+ i look like?

but the last time i chilled with them was in February. Its Mid april now. i havent hit them up nothing. Im done with these fools. so many messed up things they do. they hit me up like every 2 weeks on some dumb *%$% asking me if i wanna chill with them i just say NO. i mean i need a new group of friends. these dudes is wack as hell and try to hard to be hard. dudes act like a wolf, talk like a wolf, but when another wolf comes they act like a sheep... i mean come on.

i dont plan on hitting them up at all, and i dont answer they calls. im tired of these lames. could care less.

Back
Top Bottom