Title is misleading vol...entourage

[h1]'Entourage' to leave HBO for Spike TV next year[/h1]
http://current.com/items/90025306_entourage-to-leave-hbo-for-spike-tv-next-year.htm#http://current.com/items/90025306_entourage-to-leave-hbo-for-spike-tv-next-year.htm#http://current.com/items/90025306_entourage-to-leave-hbo-for-spike-tv-next-year.htm#

http://www.hollywoodrepor...c5e2b4f33f8c5fc2c0cecce8 href="http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr...sion/news/e3i9813ed99c5e2b4f33f8c5fc2c0cecce8" target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...

I'll miss it. It's an HBO thing.

--
"Spike nabs off-net 'Entourage' rights
Includes option for second-network window

By Nellie Andreeva

May 5, 2009, 09:00 AM ET
Spike TV has picked up off-network rights to HBO's comedy series "Entourage."

The guy-centered network has acquired all 78 produced episodes, the upcoming sixth season as well as rights to future seasons of the show for an all-cash license fee of about $600,000 an episode, sources said.

The Hollywood-centered comedy about young actor Vincent Chase (Adrian Grenier) and his posse will launch on Spike in January, after the show's sixth season wraps on HBO.

Spike also has the right to carve a window for a second network, which likely will be sister cabler Comedy Central.

Spike TV's vp programming John Griffin called "Entourage" "the epitome of aspirational television for guys." "Who wouldn't want to hang out with Vinnie Chase and his crew?" he said.

This is Spike's second acquisition of an HBO program in the past month. The basic cable channel also picked up HBO's Emmy-winning miniseries "Band of Brothers" for a premiere in the third quarter.

HBO took "Entourage," "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and a second cycle of "Sex and the City" on the syndicated marketplace in March, with "Entourage" garnering interest from Spike and E! Entertainment.

In its first off-network series deal, HBO sold "Sex" to TBS in 2003. "

smh.gif

I haven't seen entourage in a minute so its whatever. BTW how many seasons have released so far? I'm trying to cop something to watch.

I can't see how Entourage could work on any other network but HBO unless Spike is just going to be airing reruns.

meaning anything after the sixth season is gonna be censored and cookie cutter. nice.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

meaning anything after the sixth season is gonna be censored and cookie cutter. nice.
Exactly.

**** HBO for agreeing to this, **** Spike TV for existing, **** it all.

Looks like this coming season will be the last hurrah for Entourage.

WHEW, next time I'll read the article instead of the title.

indifferent.gif
at myself.

I skimmed through the article but from what I gathered Spike is airing the reruns from the past and future seasons. No way HBO would let their best show on TVgo right now.

LAME, no Ari cursed infused rants and no gratuitous nudity make Homer something something.

Marge: Go crazy?

Homer: DON'T MIND IF I DO!!!!!!!!!! BLAH BLAH WEE BO WEE BO!!!!!!!

So they bought the syndication rights, so what? This doesn't mean that the show isn't going to be on HBO anymore.

I don't think they are moving the whole show to spike. I think spike bought the rights to show it on their network. Like they did with The Sopranos. Thenew episodes will still be on HBO

actually, i think this is an off-network deal... meaning they will be able to air existing and future shows, but the show will still remain and be produced byHBO

have no fear boys

Holddddd on. Are they going to be shooting new seasons on the Spike network or will they just be getting reruns? There is no way it can be new seasons. Theshow just wouldn't work on regular cable.

Originally Posted by cdicevt

I don't think they are moving the whole show to spike. I think spike bought the rights to show it on their network. Like they did with The Sopranos. The new episodes will still be on HBO
ok...that makes more sense.

But off topic, them censored $#@ episodes of Sex and the City on TBS would be killin' me
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

and this thread should be locked up because NO ONE is going to read other people's replies saying that it WILL NOT AIR ORIGINALLY on spike, JUST THE RERUNSand that NEW EPISODES WILL REMAIN ON HBO!!!

watch nobody get it though....just watch.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I skimmed through the article but from what I gathered Spike is airing the reruns from the past and future seasons. No way HBO would let their best show on TV go right now.

reading is fundamental.

this is for syndication only. new episodes will still be on hbo.

[h3]HBO's 'Curb,' Entourage Prepped for Off-Net Syndication[/h3]
May 6, 2009

-By Marc Berman

HBO and Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution have licensed the fall 2010 off-network syndication rights for HBO comedies Curb Your Enthusiasm andEntourage to the Tribune Broadcasting stations. Under the three year deal, Tribune has licensed all seven seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm and all six seasonsof Entourage to the 17 owned-and-operated Tribune stations, including New York (WPIX), Los Angeles (KTLA) and Chicago (WGN).

"Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm are two of the funniest, most original programs on television, and now, a vast new audience will get to enjoythem," said Scott Carlin, president, Domestic Distribution, HBO. "The broad demographic appeal of both shows, combined with the fact that they arevirtually first-run to a majority of viewers, provides local stations with something truly new and exciting to offer their advertisers."

"Tribune stations have a long tradition of successfully programming adult sitcoms in late fringe," said Ken Werner, president, Warner Bros. DomesticTelevision Distribution. "Curb Your Enthusiasm and Entourage represent 'A' sitcoms for that audience. We are thrilled during these challengingtimes to have crafted an arrangement that offers stations flexibility and tremendous upside."

Both half-hours will be stripped Monday to Friday, with one weekend telecast.

Back
Top Bottom