To ALL the NT'ers that use Facebook from 2003-2009 .......was it awesome?....better?....worse?

Reaction score
i started using it 2009ish and it's changed drastically , for the worse IMO.

i feel like "my ppl" have ruined it for some of  you 

i was on myspace with all those wack customization's ,  

girls changing your mouse cursor,  music playing flashing lights ,

pre-instagram filters lookin like grilled cheese images . basically

the YungJocWiFeyyyyXD93 's and the hood ruined it,  and i think

the same fate awaits facebook  
tired.gif

but back to the topic , what was it like?

logging on and seeing a awesome inside joke between 

you and your awesome U.M friends? nothing but

smart people posting smart people things...frat party

invites instead of "YUNG MURKDAWG'S

MIXTAPE RELEASE PAWTY" invites ,

not being tagged in spizike jordan heels?

not reading "click like if this mutated baby

with 2 fingers and 2 heads makes you sad"

dumb people hashtagging things that dont need

to be hashtagged.....

what was it like? seems like was a cool site

Last edited:
Facebook was tolerable when it was open only to college students. now it's a cluster **** with a bunch of useless junk and timelines.

Last edited:
People were on it in 03?

Its hay-day was from like 05-08.

The good ol' days when your login screen just had your friends birthdays, messages, and wall posts. There was an mild uproar on campous when they began to allow users to upload more than 1 picture. Loved Fb back then... now theres just too much stuff.

I got mine in 06 and at first it be like, where can I customize my stuff? how can I add music? and no-one else was really on there, but then everyone started to migrate from myspace and I thought it was going down, but it was still cool then. Now it just got more foolish with all this, like for an add stuff, and desperate for adds/likes, none of that happened, and I don't remember when tagging happened...and then it was pre-twitter so no hashtags...

It was eh.

I joined in 2004 when you needed a school email; I went to Penn State and this chick I was dating kept wanting me to join...little did she know that would be her downfall :lol

I still have Facebook but I rarely go on or post unless I am drunk now

It was amazing. I joined in 2006 for my freshman year of college, everything was simple. Because things weren't cluttered, the status update actually meant something back then...it was recognized like a tweet is today.

You had a profile with your basic info, profile picture and tagged photos, your wall, and status updates. Doing the NCAA Tourney on Facebook back then was :hat

back in 07 this was the mecca for finding yams in yo city that didnt go to your school also was a goldmine for finding chicks that went to yo college you never seen.
then regular people with jobs or just random dwellers got it and it became the ratchetness it is now :{ RIP facebook 2004-2008

It was amazing. I joined in 2006 for my freshman year of college, everything was simple. Because things weren't cluttered, the status update actually meant something back then...it was recognized like a tweet is today.
You had a profile with your basic info, profile picture and tagged photos, your wall, and status updates. Doing the NCAA Tourney on Facebook back then was
pimp.gif
tired.gif
 this is the kinda reply i was hoping for  
frown.gif

*sigh* , 

the "mild uproar" over more than 1 pic is 
eek.gif
 to me because of the amount of pics u see posted today

It was nice when you needed a .edu account to join. Then it hit its prime once the "wall" was implemented so you didn't have to go to each person's page to find out what they were doing. Once they started allowing apps to harvest your information and post what people were doing on other people's accounts to your wall, it started taking a dive. Hopefully there will be another service (besides Google+) that can take some of the early features and cleanliness of FB and make it a desirable place to be again.

Back when you needed an email to join a college network :hat

Went to join UNT network, and that was it. No email, no nothing needed.

Seen a hood rat say she attended Harvard for beauty school the other day.

:{ :{

The days when there was a list of the schools your friends went to on the left side of your page. :smokin

It was nice when you needed a .edu account to join. Then it hit its prime once the "wall" was implemented so you didn't have to go to each person's page to find out what they were doing. Once they started allowing apps to harvest your information and post what peple were doing on other people's accounts to your wall, it started taking a dive. Hopefully there will be another service (besides Google+) that can take some of the early features and cleanliness of FB and make it a desirable place to be again.
wait , so that im reading correctly.... the news feed wasn't the "main page" , you would have to manually go to someone's page and see their status's?

Most people didn't have it in 03. It was only limited to Harvard and if I'm correct just a handful of universities. I signed up in August 06 right before I got to school. I didn't set it up until I realized that almost everyone that you met had one and it was a simple way to communicate when you weren't with them. As said already, it was better when it required an .edu account to join. I preferred the overall simple layout that the old Facebook had compared to the cluttered FB of today. Groups then actually meant something then as well and were easier to follow. Once the privacy issues started to become a problem, I slowly stopped using it and haven't for the last two months. Most people I went school with aren't using theirs either for a number of reasons.

Honesty Box
nthat.gif

Last edited:
wait , so that im reading correctly.... the news feed wasn't the "main page" , you would have to manually go to someone's page and see their status's?

Yupp. If you wanted to know what Sally Housewife was doing, you had to search for her and check her page out.

It was aiight.

But Myspace before the private profiles, OD mis-coded pages, spam and viruses was better imo.

Most people didn't have it in 03. It was only limited to Harvard and if I'm correct just a handful of universities. I signed up in August 06 right before I got to school. I didn't set it up until I realized that almost everyone that you met had one and it was a simple way to communicate when you weren't with them. As said already, it was better when it required an .edu account to join. I preferred the overall simple layout that the old Facebook had compared to the cluttered FB of today. Groups then actually meant something then as well and were easier to follow. Once the privacy issues started to become a problem, I slowly stopped using it and haven't for the last two months. Most people I went school with aren't using theirs either for a number of reasons.

Honesty Box :Nthat
yambs were acquired...

now its that stupid numbers game... "inbox me a number and i'll tell you in my status"

i really think folks be lying with that game...

Honesty Box :Nthat

I joined facebook back in feb 04 when it just started. It hit it's peak when the wall came out and before the privacy issues started.

C/s on that Honesty Box

But I agree with the other poster that in terms of smashing myspace at its peak was ridiculous. facebook never approached it in that aspect

No social network will ever top Myspace from 06-08
I disagree for the fact that most people, at least my school, were on the Facebook wave. I went to a PWI and as its been documented, there was a white flight from MySpace when it started to become heavily urban. Because of that migration, it made Facebook the network to be on.

If you said 05, then I'd agree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom