TO ALL you Guys who "Buy One to Stock" & Sell

if i buy 2, its bc i want one to rock now and one later. Also, im trying to make a display with1-23 of the retro card. just thosse colorways. Would prefer all to be DS but thats going to be expensive. i only have like 7 of 22 right now. so its a work in progress.

TEAM KENTUCKY
WHERE TIPPIN COWS REQUIRES HEAT ON YOUR FEET

Quote:
After all.... we all know shoes are like crack. After you get them...open that box.. you have about 10 minutes of a high..and another after actually wearin them if you choose that route.. then its on to the next Hype or most wanted shoe.

TEAM KENTUCKY
WHERE TIPPIN COWS REQUIRES HEAT ON YOUR FEET

Rock, thank you. First, it is very pleasant to read something else than a "few words with pics" post.That changes and it was a good read.lol.

You have some very good points, but all this is sad! I still think (hope) that fakes will NEVER reach the level of the legits. As to do business with early releases that's true, but I ALREADY saw fakes of the 11/17/2007 Air Jordan 8 Retro LS
317258-104 White/Anthracite-Dark Orange
$150
*Limited Release to all NIKETOWN'S & Urban Accounts

So YES, the fakes market is getting out of control and maybe Nike will do something?
Like an electronic digitally mastered laser-locked -23 digits code and finger print sensor protection to be able to open the box :lol:
laugh.gif

Team Vintage Heat​

Quote:
Like an electronic digitally mastered laser-locked -23 digits code and finger print sensor protection to be able to open the box :lol:
laugh.gif

:lol:
laugh.gif
sometimesEVER
Team Philippines
In Pacquiao We Trust​

i concur with rock...i never buy multiple pairs...i just buy one to rock and thats it...not because i want to because im a college student saving money any way i can....
I'm in and i'm out...

Quote:
Disagree to some extent. I agree collecting shoes might not be as "profitable" as before, but more so because JB has mis-managed the brand, dilluted its appeal and prestige which an avalanche of retros and whack colorways, and reduced the number of people that would look into collecting kicks and Js. As to pirates dilluting value of authentics, naw, don't agree. LV, other luxury brands had been battling knockoffs for over a hundred years, but because they know how to build a brand and loyality, there is always a population of people that care enough to seek out the real thing. Once people stop caring what are real and what are fake Js, then the brand is screwed, but that is due to lack of interest in the brand, not success by bootleggers. My 2 cents.

I Concur.

I can't afford to do anything like that anyway

(well at least not now)
USMA's Finest
c/o 2011

Quote:
there is always a population of people that care enough to seek out the real thing.
ing my son and daughter and nieces on them also. I never was into fake anything. Fake Tommy, FUBU :lol:
laugh.gif
I never sleep...so I'm living my dreams...

WE HAVE NO LS IN NEBRASKA!!!

F/S/T DS OLNL 10.5, Retro Concords 10.5 , and Cardinal VII 11.5

Collect the OGs, rock/destroy the Retros. If I had to chose one, thats my motto.

But seriously, there is no rhyme/reason to my collection....I just buy what I like.
team am fam / team vintage heatflintgreynt@gmail.com
myspace.com/flintgreynt

Thanks Rock...your posts always worth the read..
happy.gif

Quote:
But seriously, there is no rhyme/reason to my collection....I just buy what I like.

Word Flint!
glasses.gif

FT my sz10.5 grapes 4 your sz 9 Holla!!

Quote:
But seriously, there is no rhyme/reason to my collection....I just buy what I like

Same here. I agree with Rocks take on this subject as well. I'm actually gettign to the point where i don't buy anythign anymore because i've got too many that aren't worn, and even contemplating (seriously) about selling off a small portion of what i've got.

Im actually doing that THIS weekend... well a big portion anyway.

I may have a tear in my eye.. but I know it will be replenished eventually
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

A "little" birdie told me to congrats my man Rocky for reasons only he would know. So congrats RockDeep. We'll see U out there soon.

Oh and to stay within the topic, I don't even "collect" anymore, I sold off my doubles long ago, just buy, wear, clean them, store them or give them to my brother since we all wear 10.5s.
You reach...I teach BrotiPoo@gmail.com

I think that buying 2 pairs of a shoe that is hot colorway or a Rare is worth it. I bought some used XI CG for $70 cleaned up the soles a little and resold them for $175. Also with the Spiz'ike black-green-red colorway bought 5 pairs retail price thats $900 and put them for sale and sold 3 of them for 300 and the other ones for 245 thats about $490 I made in profit!

i never bought the same pair of shoes just to stock or sell, i just buy it because i love it.
TEAM STARCRAFT
Zealot - Dark Templar - High Templar - Twilight Archon - Colossus - Stalker - Immortal
Observer - Phase Prism - Stasis Orb - Phoenix - Warp Ray - Carrier - Mothership

Quote:
The thing is, with the retros being done after 08', wouldnt the demand for real sneakers become high? It seems like the stock-market right now, with JB being at its lowest point AS FAR AS the direction its going into...
T E A M L E B R O N S Z 1 1

I did a lot of the buy one/stock one thing but I realized that I take such good care of my kicks, I will probably never wear the second pair before they deteriorate.

i cant afford to buy an extra pair, but i dont think i would if i had the money. seems like a bit of a waste to me.
Beef is oil prices and geopolitics
Beef is Iraq, the West Bank, and Gaza Strip​

great read and love ya' RockDeep!!!!!!

1) Fakes - don't know what the deal is but the only one's i've seen look good only in pictures, are sized small, very poor quality and materials. They are usually, made in communist China like the legit Jordans and if any counterfeit company simply made them equal or better than the legitimate product they could make a fortune. Think Mitchell & Ness, but unlicensed. There are counterfeit items out there that manufacturers have a hard time distingushing from their own. I've seen fake Reebok NFL jerseys that are amazing and sell for a fraction of the price of the real product.

2) Supply and demand control the resell market. Desirability and production numbers will set the price.

3) I personally enjoy the original releases, the Air Jordan I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, IX, XI, XII, and XVII. Since the OG's are very expensive, dry rotted, or both, I like the first retro's, especially the "Nike Air" Jordan retro's. You can still wear and enjoy them, and pick them up for about what two pair of the new ones sell for.

4) If I were Phil Knight I would release retro Air Jordans in colors and styles as the originals using only materials and workmanship of the same or better quality.

I would release special editions of the originals, varying in colors, materials, features, and packaging.

All retro releases would feature the original "Nike", "Nike Air", and "Jumpman" logos, trademarks and packaging. Every retro release would have a clear, distingushing marking, logo or design, on the soles and packaging so that there is no confusion as to them being originals.

And they would all be made here in the United States made from 100% USA materials, priced accordingly, with production numbers equal to demand.

No country can equal our quality of labor, product, or design.

Quote:
And they would all be made here in the United States made from 100% USA materials, priced accordingly, with production numbers equal to demand.

Oakley tried this several years ago with their basketball shoes. They made a big deal out of the announcement that the shoes would be made in the US. Nike responded by predicting that Oakley would find it impossible to make a profit on shoes made in this country. After a year or two, Oakley quietly announced that they were switching production of their shoes to an overseas facility.

Back
Top Bottom