TO ALL you Guys who "Buy One to Stock" & Sell

It's a sad but true situation, that All Major Companies Overseas Labor, although New Balance has U.S. Offices...but in order to make the profot many of these companies seek.. it's next to impossible to have Manufacturing done in the states.

I do feel however that just like New Balance, all companies should be required to have a manufacturing division in the states to be considered U.S. Companies.

I mean you have Imports from Overseas companies on most electronics, and even companies who are domestic have to import their own elctronics from overseas.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Quote:
Other than your kicks perhaps cracking or deteriorating
cracking. The retros that we get now are likely to crack within 3-5 years in storage.

Exceptional case would be AM90 where they start to chip/crack within 2 wears. :D
happy.gif
Size L-XL| Tees, Hoodie, Denim| Stussy, Grenade, Puma, JB[url=http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/anticop8/Sell]Size 9| Nike Air Max 1 Euro Regrind[url=http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/anticop8/Sell]Size 9.5| $ 65 SHIP Air Max 1 Premium[url=http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/anticop8/Sell]Size 10| DEADSTOCK Nike Clogposite Poppy

great post rockdeep!!

i agree, personally i dont buy to sell, just one to rock and one to stock for my personal benefit. however there has been times when people are in need of cash. Then again there are instances for example, with me where i bought true size and a pair that was .5 size smaller and need to get rid of the one i decided not to keep. but yea there are many out there just to make money and i think myself and other sneakerheads and NTers have capitalized on them by copping pairs of Js for under retail or even at retail well after the release. what they dont realize is that they can get retail back but the resellers usually dont get back with the tax they paid on them and the time and effort for listing (listing fees) etc., so its a lesson learned for them, at least it would be for me. great post!!!
FOR SALE: Jordan XI Concords (SERIOUS HEAT) and ADIDAS A3 Structure Basketball Shoes! Check it out!! Size 10.

Ordered kicks from Kaysshoes.com and I used code 116 to recieve $5.50 OFF my purchase! Use that coupon code to save too!

When corporations move manufacturing to third world countries and constantly reduce the quality of their products and materials the savings are not passed on to you, the consumer. They keep the windfall profits.

Are Hondas and Toyotas manufactured in the United States more expensive or of less quality than those made in Japan or outside the US?

From radial tires that suffer life threatening tread seperation, to pet food that kills, to toys that can sicken or kill children, to deadly food products, the only reason to continue this disparate trade with Communist China, Viet Nam, and other third world countries is greed.

Every day we move closer to becoming part of the third world with our trade practices, willingness to become a service based nation, and a government controlled by corporations while we pay the tab in blood, dollars, and debt left us and our grandchildren.

this is to all the people that think that new releases will be still worth something in the future. it's just like when the popularity of ball cards or comic books happened. People started to pay big money for them and the prices went up and collecting exploded. a smart person would have bought and sold within a short period of time. say 2 or 3 years. they could have made some good money. but because everything was soooo hyped and the companies coming out with hologram covers and foil embossed cards, it killed the market. the same thing JB is doing with these retro plus colors and ugly hybrids. i was a fool for both the card and comic book explosion and i wasted my money. i look at all this stuff that i stocked and none of it is worth crap. it was all hype. the ones that truly will make money are 1) the ones that were smart enough to save their og's 2) the people that buy now and sell in a few month when you can't find the shoe anymore. not the ones that hold them forever. i got burned with tickle me elmo TMX this past christmas. i held the for too long thinking that the price would go up a christmas got closer. big mistake. i ended up selling for less than i paid. the point i'm trying to make is if you buy for resell, don't hold for too long. look at history. the shoe game is a bunch of hype and hype eventually dies, and the value of this new crap will die with it. for example, it he the mid 90's i had the whole spawn comic collection, i was worth big money. now i can't give it away. in basketball cards, the only thing that survived the hype and that still has value are the michael jordan cards and the rookie cards. all the rest of that crap is worth more if i used it to build a fire. i believe that the og stuff will hold, and maybe even gain in value, but stuff like all this 3M and spizike stuff wont last. yeah, it looks cool and is something different, but in 10 years, i wont be worth anything. just look at history

EXTREMELY RARE PLAYER EXCLUSIVE'S are a REAL INVESTMENT... You have something that the player's have or had... That's where my PASSION FOR JORDAN SHOES is now...

Quote:
i disagree... i think with the fakes it makes the actual legit shoe even more rare and hard to find making it even more valuable... its basically all about the demand/hype for a shoe... look at the dmps they still havent lost their value yet...
:smh:
smh.gif
Team Otaku
x
teamautobot
T R A N S F O R M E R S​

Anyone purchasing a pair of shoes for investment reasons has got to be out of their mind. If you haven't already resold your extra pairs I hate to say it, you're going to be stuck with them or end up selling for a loss, yes even PE's.

Edit: You can scream fakes all you want, personally I think it's market saturation and drop in quality that is going to eventually do in JB, which is their own fault. That's why an original colorway of the companies flagship model (Military IV) can't even fetch retail prices a year after their release, and that's just the beginning of this trend.
F/S: DS '99 IV's // DS NUBUCK XII // 2000 V's // + MORE
^ Kicks for sale.

-DIGITALXXII

Quote:
Exactly. I realized that about a year ago. My collection went from around 70 pairs of J's to around 30-35. I decided to keep what I truly liked and what I was going to eventualy wear. And my dunks... went from 40+ pairs, to 0 . The card and comic theory was the main motivation. I am not letting that happen to me again. I still have cards from 88-91 that aint worth squat. That was 16 years ago.

You shouldn't have been collecting the cards for the monetary value. I still have all my basketball cards from when I was a kid because they have sort of a sentimental value.
Looking for DTRT III, Last Shot XIV, Cinder XIV, Cool Grey IV, Chambray, Black Metallic V VII, Bred XIII, Cool Grey IX and Ginger XVI in sz 16.

Quote:
i disagree... i think with the fakes it makes the actual legit shoe even more rare and hard to find making it even more valuable... its basically all about the demand/hype for a shoe... look at the dmps they still havent lost their value yet...
Team PokerStars
"Duece, Seven... I'm ALL-IN"
"I'VE NEVER WORKED A DAY IN MY LIFE"​
John Madden​

didnt read anything past the original Post by Rock but ive been saying for the last couple years with all these retro's that buying them with hopes of them selling high in the future is like buying fools gold.

Feel Mode MyspaceFeelMode Myspace

i cop 2 or 3 extra pairs because im an addict and it excites me. haha. i'm playing. i'm a collector and been doing it for years. i likle just having afresh pair to look at and one to beat.

I stopped doing retro's altogether as the colors aren't for me, but rather the New Gen. Jordan Head, who didn't know MJ as a player. Just as a Retired GM.
Couldn't agree with you more. Haven't bought a pair of retros in months. It's sad but most recent colorways are just insipid and kidswill buy anything with a Jumpman.

the Value of those shoes wont be what you think it should.

I think that, it's already happening. I just bought a pair of VNDS OG 11's for 200.00 shipped and a pair of VNDS black Playoff XIII's for 125.00shipped of Ebay. I can tell both sellers were salty after the auction end cause they felt they were ripped off since they felt their shoes had more value. Ialmost felt bad for them but it was just clear to me that value has begun to decrease and I should only buy what I intend to wear. I'm curently down to 25pairs of J's.

I know most NTers can't read alot of words without pics...
I'm surprised there hasn't been the classic " This post is useless without pics". This man drops knowledge and some kidswon't soak it up cause theres no visuals to help them comprehend.

Agree, I used to buy and can resell and make a little cash, but now no point, because it is impossible to sell AJs on eBay.

So I just buy shoes to wear and enjoy them.

I hate that people think that if you buy spizikes or dtrt's, or any different colorways than og's you dont know the real jordan game. Thats what ilike about fashion, to each's own, if you dont like dont buy who cares what the next guy is rocking.

Back
Top Bottom