To all you "JDM" guys with tow hooks

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

1) Why do people get them installed?

2) Wouldnt that make it easier for a thief to jack your @@!# ?

Which is one of the reasons why people who actually use them generally have their cars garaged.

because there is little you can do to most JDM's to make them fast so they find other ways to waste money on a POS car.

note this statement does not include MKIV supras,vr4's or evos.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by Across 110th st

1) Why do people get them installed?

2) Wouldnt that make it easier for a thief to jack your @@!# ?

Which is one of the reasons why people who actually use them generally have their cars garaged.
i live in nyc and i always see them on cars parked in the street...mostly older whips though...99 and earlier civics and tegs

Well, then to answer your first question as you probably have already realized many people do it just for the look to make it look like a race car.

Originally Posted by EmnabtnacesoRJ

Adds 20+ HP yo
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CarolCitysFinest

because there is little you can do to most JDM's to make them fast so they find other ways to waste money on a POS car.

I love when people say this.

As if everyone's goal is to make a 10 second car.
eyes.gif

Modding cars is a hobby for some people.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

eyes.gif

well if people was trying to make them cars look good then i Wouldnt have a problem....the thing is these guys that do the tow hooks and so on with JDM's are the same guys claiming 400+hp and run they're mouth like they have a fast car....what is the point of all the gauges,huge spoiler,tow hook,huge exhaust that creates massive back pressure on a 100hp civic?

eyes.gif

well if people was trying to make them cars look good then i Wouldnt have a problem....the thing is these guys that do the tow hooks and so on with JDM's are the same guys claiming 400+hp and run they're mouth like they have a fast car....what is the point of all the gauges,huge spoiler,tow hook,huge exhaust that creates massive back pressure on a 100hp civic?
This is equivalent to throwing on huge wheels and unnecessary chrome pieces into domestic cars. These people run their mouths about how nice their car looks.    

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

eyes.gif

This is equivalent to throwing on huge wheels and unnecessary chrome pieces into domestic cars. These people run their mouths about how nice their car looks.    
and you dont see me defending them do you?I appreciate fast cars,nice looking cars and expensive cars....most imports are neither of those.And donks for the record look nicer then the ricers which is not saying much.

And donks for the record look nicer then the ricers which is not saying much.

indifferent.gif
roll.gif
no they dont, 99% of "donks, bubbles etc" look extremely tacky (I live in south FL BTW), each to its own tho

most import arent what? not only are they more efficient, people make wonders out of inline-4 engines putting v8's to shame

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

eyes.gif

and you dont see me defending them do you?I appreciate fast cars,nice looking cars and expensive cars....most imports are neither of those.And donks for the record look nicer then the ricers which is not saying much.
laugh.gif
Donks look nicer than ricers? Not all donks are nice FYI. Compare a poorly executed donk to a ricer. It's a lose-lose situation. This is a clear case of apples vs oranges.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

indifferent.gif
roll.gif
no they dont, 99% of "donks, bubbles etc" look extremely tacky (I live in south FL BTW), each to its own tho

most import arent what? not only are they more efficient, people make wonders out of inline-4 engines putting v8's to shame
im not gonna argue with you on the donks thing cause its not really my thing but I wouldnt mind having a nice 71impala on 23's to cruise if i lived down south,but i feel you on the tacky some take it too far...but on the other hand these inline 4's you speak of that put v8's to shame cost alot of money to build and they are expensive to maintain...the most cost effective way to have a fast nice looking car is a heads,cam,gears, intake,exhaust ls1 with a 150+ shot...you can run high 10's on dr's with maybe 15k into a car including the cost of the car...no import will do that even the really nice ones...dont get me wrong man some imports are really clean nice cars I own a jdm but its one of the 3 i mentioned a few ago and it is prob my favorite car to DD because of how much performance you can get out of a car and still get 20mpg on low boost.....to put it simple there is a difference between import guys and ricers but it seems you see more riced out integras and civics then you do anycar on the road other then camrys.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

its one of the new import trends.. i don't know whats next.

prob shaving all the mirrors and door handles
roll.gif
most import guys are so stupid.

what door handles?

Dont argue with Carol he's the only dude on here more passionate about domestics than ninja..only he always comes with insults.

Back
Top Bottom