To My NT'ers with Incarcerated family members

Discussion in 'General' started by loveofthegame916, Feb 20, 2009.

1. loveofthegame916

loveofthegame916

I need y'all help man. I'm finding it very difficult to write my cousin. I don't really know what to say to him. I wanna lash out at his dumb %%%for even putting himself in this situation but I know I can't do that. I can't tear him down any more than he already is. But I just wanna know why.Maybe I can start there [​IMG]
    how did some of y'all write your first letter? Btw this the first time I've ever wrote someone in jail [​IMG]

2. elpablo21

elpablo21

Never wrote them, I usually called

When I talked to people I know locked up...I try to tell them as much as I can about what's happening outside the walls and keep em' current withwhat's going on...My cousin told me it used to make him feel a little better and it would temporarily get his mind away from the fact he was in the cell

I wouldn't lash out at them though

3. daytona 5000

daytona 5000

Start off by saying:

Ayo what up son, I know %%@$ is rough doing your bid......and continue from there

4. loveofthegame916

loveofthegame916

Can you call when your in county jail? Cuz I'd much rather do that. Let hm know what's goin on n the hood and what not...

5. mco85

mco85

just send pics, put money on the books and give him some encouraging words

6. loveofthegame916

loveofthegame916

No doubt me and moms are putting money on his books this weekend. Stationary paper is 25 bucks bruh and he gotta write on somethin

7. bussinessilicitos

bussinessilicitos

Write to him about everything going on with your family and friends.
    Talk about the hood, just anything to distract him for a while.

8. knowledgethefoundation

knowledgethefoundation

good lookin for making this thread....I'm tryin to write my brother a letter...

9. rightguard

rightguard

dude dont make him feel bad just talk about good stuff thats going on to keep his head up in there.....dont talk about the girls ur not smashing or the guapyour not making. talk about family......and memories.....and make sure you write a lot.....its jail they have nuffin to do.....send pictures ...dont send moneyor stuff like that until you can ask if its alright.....i know most places read the mail before it gets to them

10. 5thgearidah

5thgearidah

it doesnt need to be anything deep...just write the way you talk to em.

but I honestly havent wrote my fam. We hadnt talked much in years. They went one way, and I went to college.

11. west2east

west2east Administrator

He has to call you first in order for him to make calls. He will be able to call you once and you will have to accept the charges so that you can be billed.You have to put money on your phone so he can call you. The minimum you can put on any given phone is $50 plus a 7 dollar fee through the correctional billingservice. That's the case at least in CA.

There should be some kind of number you can call to get his booking number and such because without it your letters to him will be super delayed. Otherwisejust wait for him to call you and give you his booking number so that your letters can get there quickly.

You don't want to talk about the case or what did or didn't happen with him neither through letters or over the phone. They track all calls and readall letters. You're better off sorta pretending it didn't happen instead of speaking about the facts of the case. Just talk about other things withhim. It will be better for him anyway.

12. poohsfactory

poohsfactory

the first letter written to a family member on the iron vacation should be written as if you were writing to yourself about your cuzo's situation, to clearthe ideas and emotions that you feel. then after that, write him periodically.

13. loveofthegame916

loveofthegame916

thanks y'all I really appreciate the help [​IMG]

14. the north west

the north west

I just visit him

15. loveofthegame916

loveofthegame916

Well I would much rather do that but he only gets 2 visits a week and usually his !!@%$ of a gf that got him in this mess uses them and if she feels like itshe'll save one for my auntie(his mom) and u can only have 3 ppl there at a time so I haven't had the opportunity yet [​IMG]

16. kixofrinic

kixofrinic

Whatever u say, just keep it positive, let him know he still has u, since he knows what he did and is probably regretful, let him know u haven't lost hopeso it'll give him reason to
    believe he'll be straight when he gets out. . Just let him know about situations that been happening lately like dude said earlier, tell him how the fam,friends, and the hood doin.
    I mean, just think of it as a converstion.. Put yourself in his position and try to think about what you'd wanna hear in the given situation. Ask himquestions about his environment
    so he can express himself and u can see where hes coming from (also would help for future letters, kind of like a conversation starter.) I'm sure you'dlike to know how being
    incarcerated is. He'll have a lot more to say to u in what he writes to consume his time. Then go from there.

17. gueser

gueser

^^^ thats pretty much it... just watch what u say they or they might not give it to him... but just a couple lines and pics will do good:.

18. bjamez20

bjamez20

i appreciate you guys advice, i just had a family member go in very unexpectedly

19. h town hustler

h town hustler

Tell him to start rapping. Dub him some casettes of newer stuff. Get him a tape player too.

20. josephskc

josephskc

I usually called or rented a car and went out to visit

21. kanyewestjayz4life

kanyewestjayz4life

What were the charges? Drug related?

[​IMG]Just curious. You don't have to answer that.

22. cq23

cq23

[​IMG]
    when the cops came you shoulda slid to my crib [​IMG]

23. thousandaire

thousandaire Banned

He already got enough on his mind being in the pokey and you thinking about writing him talking @!#$? What would be the point of that bro?

24. i drink your milkshake

i drink your milkshake

when i wrote my brother, I'd just tell him how I was doing etc. Say general things like be safe, etc. But I found that just catching up on family was goodenough for a decent letter.