To NTers who haven't gone to church in a while, do you still consider yourself a Christian?

I have not been to church in over a year . However, I pray to god every night before I sleep and I have a strong faith in the lord and through my faith, it helps me maintain peace within myself. I constantly found myself losing focus while in church and was never getting the connection with the lord that I felt I should have. I will say that church provided an foundation, but I feel I am find praying to god and having strong enough faith to know right from wrong. However, there are still many questions that I know some of the people at church can teach me.

The only problem I have had with some churches is the judgement. You arrive to church to praise god, but when you get there there are people in the church constantly judging you. Are you God? Are you Jesus? If not, then you have no reason to be telling me right from wrong and telling me that partying or having fun is a bad thing. I'm sure some of you have had those pastors that like to call you out when your late to church.

Back
Top Bottom