To the nt'ers who used to indulge in the herb, when did y'all stop messin with the kush?

Status
Not open for further replies.

36 ounces

Banned
I feel like it's time to put my favorite past time behind me. I feel like to be a better me I have to make some sacrifices, and giving up the mj is a step in the right direction. It's been causing me to make some bad choices and be around questionable people lately so I feel like it's time to give it up. So I'm asking all the former smokers to give me some tips on how to stay sober while on the path to self improvement.

Used to smoke everyday.

Stopped at a rough point in my life...it seemed like wen i smoked it would just increase negative thoughts lol.
Wen i got past that rough patch i realized i didnt need it and i had been smoking 4 so long its like i forgot who i was b4 that.

I remember someone said drugs and alcohol are fertilizer for depression and i believe that.

I dont look down upon it though....alot of my friends smoke daily.
and i will occasionally. ....smoked sum in Amsterdam recently 8)

But yea.

Bruh I've been feeling the same way. I try to start off the first of the month and see how long I last but It's hard since its my daily routine. Right now I have no trees but I feel like picking up :lol: :smh:

Used to blow a slice a day minimum. I cut back through self control, I recognized it was making me sluggish, hindering my creativity, and destroying my appetite. Weed made me lose a lot of weight I wouldn't have lost otherwise.

Once I started to recognize negatives I knew I had to cut back. Moderation is everything. Set times for yourself to smoke, make smoking a reward (okay I finished ___ now I can spark), chill with people who don't smoke, when you have the urge do something else.

I can't help you stay sober but I can def help you cut back :lol:

Stopped in 2008, at 20 years old. Was chiefn regularly since 13. A lot of people I know, including myself, started drinking more when they stopped smoking tree. Don't let that happen to you.

Still love the smell and rollin.

Used to blaze daily, 5 a day to the head and more if there were sessions.
I liked the feeling, it had me relaxed from life's daily bs

But there were times when I knew I was dependent on it. Couldn't sleep without it, couldn't eat without it. Even on my travels with friends and family sometimes the experience seemed like a blur cuz I chiefed all day. My body was so used to it I'd burn one before the gym, get my work out in and before a shake I burned another, :smokin

By circumstances I've stopped going hard now, maybe 2-3x a week if that. Like sckid said I knew I was losing myself a bit. However, this isn't something you can't kick and still enjoy at a moderate level, so it's all about controlling yourself and using it with a purpose.

Before I smoked just to smoke. Now, if Im tryna listen to a new album, I do a sober listen and a hi one, for example. Or if a homies in town and we wanna catch up, roll that up.

Other than that, no more wake and bake.

I have stopped for long periods of time (a month, months, even fo 12 months), but I kept coming back to the same realization......I thoroughly enjoy smoking tree. I thought I would outgrow it one day but I haven't. I just love it.

I know countless people who come home after a long day of work and have a couple beers, pours of whisky or glasses of wine. I choose bong rips. Dont see the difference.

Last edited:
I stopped cold turkey a few years after college, it was one of those things that I thought I would miss, but didn't. It became more harm than good to me when I would do it, I would become anxious and have really paranoid thoughts. I knew I was annoying to be around because I was annoying myself. It's one of those things I will always come back to sparingly, but I would recommend anyone who does it to go off it for a while.

Last edited:
I was smoking heavily in high school, but I stopped once I became a senior. I had a wakeup call hanging out w people who'd graduated a few years before me that became burn outs. Granted, there's a lot of people who smoke and function just fine, but for me it was just a good stopping point. The last few times I've smoked I got waaaay too high and I haven't smoked in over two years. I'm 30 now.

I've considered quitting many times... but I haven't. I just know if I do quit, I don't want to start drinking heavily. I've seen many people slow down on smoking then turn around and be an alcoholic.

its not for everybody. if u think u shouldnt be smoking then you probably shouldnt be. if you dont have the discipline to use it correctly and in moderation than youre not about this here life.

Last edited:
I always approach Cannabis as a privilege and not a right. At that, when I smoked it was only a night time thing. It's purpose was to make me relax. Some strains don't work like that though. And I also believe it enhances the mood your in...so if you go into smoking with a ****** mood (even subconsciously), then that's the mood that will be enhanced. Go into it with a fun optimistic outlook and that's what you get.

Currently i'm about 3 months clean. Needed to do it for a hospital placement. Cannabis is a tool. It should never interfere with your normal life to the extent it reduces your capacity to function in your vocation or is detrimental to you.

It really becomes a test of will. Don't let these things become your vice. I've gone on T-breaks off and on for years. No big deal to me, but I understand it can be a tough thing to do for those who have done it since they were a teenager.

Even though I haven't smoked in a bit, I know I have it right there when I really need it. I'm def gonna be that retired dude blazing.

It will always be there. I don't worry.

It's for some people though, and not for others.

I burn daily...However, I need a break for a bit. Complete sobriety is hella hard, but man my mouth piece is at its crispiest when I'm sober. Trying for the 100th time to stop. Tomorrow. Maybe. 

Yall need to stop blaming weed for your behaviors.
Stop smoking so much. Save it for the weeknds or when you dont have to work or go to school. Stop smoking any and everything. Figure out the strain that works best for you and what you need it for.
And stop smoking so much

Yall need to stop blaming weed for your behaviors.
Stop smoking so much. Save it for the weeknds or when you dont have to work or go to school. Stop smoking any and everything. Figure out the strain that works best for you and what you need it for.
And stop smoking so much

yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom